Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

T R

Missing Cat - Possible Sightings near Ashton Gate

Recommended Posts

Hope you get reunited with your moggy. 

If ours went missing I'd/we'd be horribally distraught. 

Fingers crossed. 

  • Like 2
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Red DNA said:

On a boring non football Saturday we could have pushed this thread to a new record number of pages if it had been entitled ‘Hunting for pussy in Ashton’?

I shouldn't have put a Laugh emoji for this but it's coming up to midnight and I've been out, if you get my drift! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

This thread really made you a angry boy hasn’t it,I suggest when you read it earlier and made your wise crack which was about as funny as cancer that you would leave it alone but you again commented on it,weird one you 

You are comparing a joke to cancer. You may consider his joke out of place but your comment is the lowest of the low. 

Hopefully the original poster finds his cat but the situation is not at all comparable to people losing there lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Littlesh*t said:

You are comparing a joke to cancer. You may consider his joke out of place but your comment is the lowest of the low. 

Hopefully the original poster finds his cat but the situation is not at all comparable to people losing there lives.

Jeez you're a sensitive little chap aren't you? I've had/got cancer and it didn't offend me. Totally reasonable comment.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SX227 said:

Sometimes they hang around the back of shops.

Or go in.

o.jpg.b31a9dc7d77d24e1097865c9717d975a.jpg

 

That's the same 'joke' I was told by the 'comedians' who phoned me when I lost my cat back in 1991.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, reddoc said:

Jeez you're a sensitive little chap aren't you? I've had/got cancer and it didn't offend me. Totally reasonable comment.

No I wouldn't consider myself a 'sensitive little chap' even though I lost my dad to cancer and someone else very close to me has terminal cancer.

I just think it's stupid how the person who made the original comment was offend by a joke taking the piss out the fact this is on a football forum but then brings a stupid comment in about cancer. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Littlesh*t said:

No I wouldn't consider myself a 'sensitive little chap' even though I lost my dad to cancer and someone else very close to me has terminal cancer.

I just think it's stupid how the person who made the original comment was offend by a joke taking the piss out the fact this is on a football forum but then brings a stupid comment in about cancer. 

 

Joe Jordans Teeth stated that a comment was about as funny as cancer. He's correct. Cancer isn't at all funny. If I was to state that something was as funny as the plague, or a tsunami wiping out half a million people I'd be stating, in a round about way, that it wasn't at all funny. I cannot see what your problem is?

Jeez, is someone with constipation going to take offence at your moniker on here?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Hey there. Our cat named Jesse has been missing since last friday 30th. We've heard of a similar looking cat was possibly seen at Ashton gate school. And on wednesday possibly seen near the scout hut opposite ashton gate stadium. They said he was following random people about begging and is very friendly. If you see him could you take him to the local vet to get his chip checked.

That really is a beautiful cat, hope he turns up soon.  I feel for you, if my pet cat went missing I'd be out scouring the streets all day and night.  I'm quite observant and afraid to say didn't see any cats near the ground yesterday afternoon.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

I'm quite observant and afraid to say didn't see any cats near the ground yesterday afternoon.

All the cats we’ve ever had, including the two we have now, sleep most of the day so if possible it may be best to search late on an evening when they usually go out hunting?

  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We never got our cat back who disappeared last summer. Not knowing what happened is worse in a way than if we found him dead.

I have massive sympathy for anyone whose pet is missing. They are very much part of your family.

Fingers crossed for the OP.

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had another sighting on duckmoor road but it was not to be. I am pretty convinced now he is not in this area and they're just local cats.

I'd personally like to thank everyone on here for their kind comments and suggestions.

Could the mods please move this to non football chat now.

Thank you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Had another sighting on duckmoor road but it was not to be. I am pretty convinced now he is not in this area and they're just local cats.

I'd personally like to thank everyone on here for their kind comments and suggestions.

Could the mods please move this to non football chat now.

Thank you

Keep it on here

Many won’t bother with the forum in Int break and won’t see it on non-football forum

Its doing no harm

Fingers crossed Threshing - a good chance someone is feeding him locally and he’s having a holiday 🤞🏼

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Keep it on here

Many won’t bother with the forum in Int break and won’t see it on non-football forum

Its doing no harm

Fingers crossed Threshing - a good chance someone is feeding him locally and he’s having a holiday 🤞🏼

Cats are pretty savvy, if he's still with us, he'll find food (and some old lady), rest assured .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes my cat will do anything for food. Been trying to keep his weight under control for years.
Also asked for it to be moved because some comments are not helpful. But I appreciate the backup and support you guys have provided.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past I’ve lost a cat who gradually moved out over a period of a few months. I also gained a cat, for a few days, who was wailing outside the front door and moved in. Luckily he was chipped and I managed to contact the owner. The cat had wandered over 500 yards from home after getting lost, so it’s always best to have a big search area with posters etc. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

We never got our cat back who disappeared last summer. Not knowing what happened is worse in a way than if we found him dead.

I have massive sympathy for anyone whose pet is missing. They are very much part of your family.

Fingers crossed for the OP.

 

Quite agree. I've had 3 cats who've died, one being run over aged 3 in 1974. All of these occasions have been deeply upsetting. However, the cat that went missing in 1991 aged 2 (on the anniversary of the cat's death in 1974), I never seen again. I don't know if he died that day, or died of hunger weeks or months later, or if he found a new home and lived a happy and contented life for years thereafter. I still wonder to this day what happened to him. A week or so later in the Bristol Journal an article appeared stating that some gits were going around Bristol killing cats for their fur which was then sent to Germany, so I even have thoughts that his fate could have been associated with this.

One thing that has brought me some solace is that over the years, when I was with my ex, and now, we put food out for the foxes and hedgehogs at night and from time to time a stray cat would alight upon it and eventually befriend us. We reunited a few cats with their owners that way and took on three cats ourselves when we couldn't locate their owners and they had no chips etc. Where I am now, I've taken on a stray cat, Perseus, who kept hanging around the food I put out. So that's four. Having experienced this I like to think that my cat in 1991 fell upon a similar source of food and was taken on by caring souls.

  • Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

Quite agree. I've had 3 cats who've died, one being run over aged 3 in 1974. All of these occasions have been deeply upsetting. However, the cat that went missing in 1991 aged 2 (on the anniversary of the cat's death in 1974), I never seen again. I don't know if he died that day, or died of hunger weeks or months later, or if he found a new home and lived a happy and contented life for years thereafter. I still wonder to this day what happened to him. A week or so later in the Bristol Journal an article appeared stating that some gits were going around Bristol killing cats for their fur which was then sent to Germany, so I even have thoughts that his fate could have been associated with this.

One thing that has brought me some solace is that over the years, when I was with my ex, and now, we put food out for the foxes and hedgehogs at night and from time to time a stray cat would alight upon it and eventually befriend us. We reunited a few cats with their owners that way and took on three cats ourselves when we couldn't locate their owners and they had no chips etc. Where I am now, I've taken on a stray cat, Perseus, who kept hanging around the food I put out. So that's four. Having experienced this I like to think that my cat in 1991 fell upon a similar source of food and was taken on by caring souls.

Our missing one disappeared at about the time a bunch of rural inbreeds were illegally "lamping" for foxes and badgers in the woods behind our house, so I fear the worse. Hopefully his vanishing has nothing to do with those ****s - maybe he just jumped in the back of a van or flatbed and was transported further away than he knew to get back from. I don't mind the thought of him happy with new owners.

The two we have left are both strays. Neither chipped, but both obviously very used to domestic life. Some owners somewhere might be anguished about them, but they are having a happy, well-loved life with us

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Had another sighting on duckmoor road but it was not to be. I am pretty convinced now he is not in this area and they're just local cats.

I'd personally like to thank everyone on here for their kind comments and suggestions.

Could the mods please move this to non football chat now.

Thank you

Chin up mate. My aunt and uncles vat went missing for 2 years I kid you not but eventually turned up. Crazy I know!

One of my cats got locked in a neighbour's house for 2 weeks when they went on holiday. He was a bit thinner for the ordeal. But went tonnto live to 20 years old 

 

Fingers crossed he will come back from whatever adventure he's been on

  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My niece in Dublin had her cat go missing for over 3 weeks and were desperate to find him. One night out on patrol looking for him in an area just half a mile from their home he popped out of a garden and strolled up to them like nothing had happened! He was a bit thin and rough looking but happy enough to go home where a GPS collar awaited him...

He’s not gone missing since and the GPS collar allows them to track him and give them peace of mind he’s not to far away at anytime  

Sounds like he may be locked in a shed or similar so hopefully he’ll get released when the owners return after a few more days - don’t give up hope, as we all know cats are a law until themselves!

Edited by Red DNA
.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

No I wouldn't consider myself a 'sensitive little chap' even though I lost my dad to cancer and someone else very close to me has terminal cancer.

I just think it's stupid how the person who made the original comment was offend by a joke taking the piss out the fact this is on a football forum but then brings a stupid comment in about cancer. 

 

I'm sorry for your loss. However you misunderstand. Cancer is just another disease, you live long enough you'll almost certainly get it but you'll die of something else. People who have it deal with it, as I'm sure your dad did. Joking about it generically or using it as a comparison is ok by me. What is not ok are people like Mr Peacock or Henry who belittle or see humour in other peoples suffering. Soulless amoebic *****.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/09/2019 at 17:17, East End Old Boy said:

And dogs don’t shit? 🤨

And guess what, i don't pick up my dogs mess. He's 11 years old and i don't think i picked up 2 turds in all that time!

  • Aubergine 2
  • Unicorn 1
  • Hedgehog 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is he constipated ? 

No, there's nothing wrong with his bowels. I just look the other way and make out I'm unaware of what he's doing. 

  • Unicorn 1
  • Hedgehog 1
  • Rovers 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was a kid, we were taking my nan's cat to the PDSA on Bath rd and it managed to escape, about 7-8 months later we were walking along the docks as we lived on Cumberland Rd and the cat had found its way back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marksy said:

No, there's nothing wrong with his bowels. I just look the other way and make out I'm unaware of what he's doing. 

Admitting to breaking the law there. :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marksy said:

And guess what, i don't pick up my dogs mess. He's 11 years old and i don't think i picked up 2 turds in all that time!

Just use your 7 Iron

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/09/2019 at 19:20, Henry said:

Not in other people’s garden.

You don't step in cat shit on the pavement though do you? because lazy owners can't be bothered to pick it up, as they are supposed to.  Cats cover up their doings, it's instinct against predictors and don't do it on the pavement or football pitches in parks! Here in Estonia cats are to be kept indoors by law, still some go missing though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Yes my cat will do anything for food. Been trying to keep his weight under control for years.
Also asked for it to be moved because some comments are not helpful. But I appreciate the backup and support you guys have provided.

I have exactly the same breed of cat as you, it  is called a Cream spotted British Shorthair and could be his twin. His name is SonnyJim and he also has a weight problem,  averages about 8 to 9 kilos, he is 11 years old and we have a problem with his left eye which keeps running, the vet is trying everything without much success, we have to give him eye drops twice a day and it seems to help. I really hope you find him soon, as I mentioned in another post, here in Estonia it is against the law to let your cat roam, it must be kept indoors, unless like a dog,  taken for a walk on a lead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/09/2019 at 15:04, City Cat said:

Just saw a Ginger Cat in Bower Ashton but can't upload the photo on here have pm'd you

.

Thanks again mate much appreciated. Sadly it wasn't to be him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TRL said:

Chin up mate. My aunt and uncles vat went missing for 2 years I kid you not but eventually turned up. Crazy I know!

One of my cats got locked in a neighbour's house for 2 weeks when they went on holiday. He was a bit thinner for the ordeal. But went tonnto live to 20 years old 

 

Fingers crossed he will come back from whatever adventure he's been on

Thanks for that mate was feeling pretty low yesterday. Posts like these are keeping me hold onto hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I have exactly the same breed of cat as you, it  is called a Cream spotted British Shorthair and could be his twin. His name is SonnyJim and he also has a weight problem,  averages about 8 to 9 kilos, he is 11 years old and we have a problem with his left eye which keeps running, the vet is trying everything without much success, we have to give him eye drops twice a day and it seems to help. I really hope you find him soon, as I mentioned in another post, here in Estonia it is against the law to let your cat roam, it must be kept indoors, unless like a dog,  taken for a walk on a lead.

Our cat is also 11 years. They could be lost twins or something!

We had a similar problem during the summer with high pollen counts. He kept having sneezing fits. Hope his eye gets better.

Edited by Threshing Red
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I think the word rhymes with punt 

I've got to let you know that I've just taken Danny out for a walk and you should have seen the size of the turd he did. I pity the poor soul who stands in that!

  • Like 1
  • Rovers 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, marksy said:

I've got to let you know that I've just taken Danny out for a walk and you should have seen the size of the turd he did. I pity the poor soul who stands in that!

Serious.................surely not

Funny...................no

Childish..............certainly

:robbored: ........trying to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope that you find him soon.

Don't give up hope - saw this on our vet's FB page last week:

A rather heart warming story to end the working week 💕

This is Coco, who was brought into the practice as a stray by a member of the public. After scanning him for a microchip, we were both surprised and delighted to be able to reunite him with his owner, after going missing  8 years ago!

The importance of microchipping really cannot be emphasised enough.

We wish Coco and his reunited family all the very best 😊

 
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My cat went missing for 11 days once. He got in a piss because I brought a new kitten home. Eventually got the sod back, just a few days before I moved house. Was getting worried about what I would do if I had to move before he came back. 

I take it you’ve phoned all the vets again? And the council number for street cleaning? Just in case they’ve had a cat found and didn’t scan for a chip? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

My cat went missing for 11 days once. He got in a piss because I brought a new kitten home. Eventually got the sod back, just a few days before I moved house. Was getting worried about what I would do if I had to move before he came back. 

I take it you’ve phoned all the vets again? And the council number for street cleaning? Just in case they’ve had a cat found and didn’t scan for a chip? 

I'm glad you got your cat back. its funny how they get grumpy, just like us humans.  Been in touch with the council twice so faar and will check again tomorrow.  The vets said they will put out an email to all their branches and we've informed the chip people who will email around.  We've been advised to go to the cat and dogs home to check there.  Many thanks for yours and everybody elses posts. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/09/2019 at 17:45, JBFC II said:

Weird question but have you moved house recently?

About 10 years ago we moved from wells to Westbury on Trym and within about a week the cat had gone missing. Looked for him everywhere and we had all but given up before getting a call from our old next door neighbours in wells to say he’d turned up on their doorstep!

Wow, your cat travelled around 24 miles back to your previous house?! He had a seriously good sense of direction - glad you found him safe and well ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

11 hours ago, marksy said:

No, there's nothing wrong with his bowels. I just look the other way and make out I'm unaware of what he's doing. 

Curious how you know there is nothing wrong with your dog's bowels when you openly say you look the other way?

I mean your dog is shitting solid gold bars and you're missing out on a fortune old chap.

Please check your Danny's turds regularly because he's informed me via pet telepathy that he's dropping his guts outside old Mrs Steele's because she's on a jolly in Barbados at the moment. He has plans for Mr Spencer's gate across the road. Mr Spencer is Tory AF and doesn't need the few bob. 

Edited by Septic Peg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Admitting to breaking the law there. :blink:

Absolutely boils my piss when people fail to clear up after their dog. Absolutely disgusting, irresponsible and downright antisocial. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wow, your cat travelled around 24 miles back to your previous house?! He had a seriously good sense of direction - glad you found him safe and well ...

Yep it sounds totally ridiculous I know 😂

We reckon he must have got in a car that ended up in wells and then found his way home from there...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

 Yep it sounds totally ridiculous I know 😂

We reckon he must have got in a car that ended up in wells and then found his way home from there...

 ....flippin' heck, he steals cars and joy rides as well?

You'll be tellin' us he's cat burglar next!

FAO ... @JulieH

 

Edited by WhistleHappy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...