IGNORED

Watford appoint new manager

Jerseybean

10 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I’ve struggled to understand how Watford have continued to stay where they are? They never have any continuity & it’s just not conclusive to to being ideal no matter how I look at.

While the strategy makes no sense, and is counter intuitive to everything we tend to believe, it has worked , some how.
Ignoring the start to this season, they have improved or consolidated year on year, all while sacking their managers pretty much every year. All I can think is the back room staff have stayed and the core beliefs are carried over while new blood brings new ideas and keeps the players on their does without getting stale, really does seem a strange way to run a club.

Promotion .... Sacked end of season
FA Cup semi ... Sacked end of  season
17th in Prem ... resigned end of  season
Sacked after 6 months
FA Cup final sacked in September.

Screenshot 2019-09-08 at 08.06.48.png

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

While the strategy makes no sense, and is counter intuitive to everything we tend to believe, it has worked , some how.
Ignoring the start to this season, they have improved or consolidated year on year, all while sacking their managers pretty much every year. All I can think is the back room staff have stayed and the core beliefs are carried over while new blood brings new ideas and keeps the players on their does without getting stale, really does seem a strange way to run a club.

Promotion .... Sacked end of season
FA Cup semi ... Sacked end of  season
17th in Prem ... resigned end of  season
Sacked after 6 months
FA Cup final sacked in September.

Screenshot 2019-09-08 at 08.06.48.png

This time , at least , the back room staff have gone as well.

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This time , at least , the back room staff have gone as well.

It's an unusual way to run a club, but you have to give it to them it's worked. At least so far. Wonder if this is the year it all catches up with them.

Archived