IGNORED

NFL Season 19/20

Super

1 hour ago, northsomersetred said:

@Prinny and anyone else, you've probably gathered that college is my thing rather than the NFL, i'm watching on Sky now and it's been mentioned the Dolphins are trying to 'lose' the season? 

Are they deliberatley going for the no.1 pick and trying to rebuild for next season?

Essentially yes.

We purged most of our terribly constructed and overpaid roster and have not signed anyone to the point where we were going to struggle to beat anyone. Then we traded most of the remaining talent (for excellent value) so the team is even worse. We would trade literally anyone on our roster at the minute.

We're a dumb franchise who has consistently failed to draft well, has consistently tried to paper over the cracks with expensive and average free agents and consistently achieved absolutely nothing for two decades so we're hitting the big fat reset button as a desperation move/longer term plan.

We have the worst team in football, because we've been so badly mismanaged. So we can spend all our money in an attempt to go 8-8 again or just suck it up for a year and actually try to get a can't miss franchise QB which we can build around. We're kicking the tires on Rosen to see what we have but more likely...

That's Tua, so we need that first overall pick. Realistically the aim is to be competitive in 2021

9 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Essentially yes.

We purged most of our terribly constructed and overpaid roster and have not signed anyone to the point where we were going to struggle to beat anyone. Then we traded most of the remaining talent (for excellent value) so the team is even worse. We would trade literally anyone on our roster at the minute.

We're a dumb franchise who has consistently failed to draft well, has consistently tried to paper over the cracks with expensive and average free agents and consistently achieved absolutely nothing for two decades so we're hitting the big fat reset button as a desperation move/longer term plan.

We have the worst team in football, because we've been so badly mismanaged. So we can spend all our money in an attempt to go 8-8 again or just suck it up for a year and actually try to get a can't miss franchise QB which we can build around. We're kicking the tires on Rosen to see what we have but more likely...

That's Tua, so we need that first overall pick. Realistically the aim is to be competitive in 2021

I went to see the Jets v Dolphins at Wembley for sole reason to watch Suh. It was crap, so crap it was crapper than crap. The worst game ive ever seen live or on tv or played in or watched Britball.

Think they've been going downhill ever since. I met Nat Moore that day, he played when they had a decent team.

13 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

I went to see the Jets v Dolphins at Wembley for sole reason to watch Suh. It was crap, so crap it was crapper than crap. The worst game ive ever seen live or on tv or played in or watched Britball.

Think they've been going downhill ever since. I met Nat Moore that day, he played when they had a decent team.

Yeah I went to it too... the game where we went to London but our head coach did not come back! Suh is STILL the third highest cap hit on this current team. He was a very good player, but a signal of what we do wrong. Overpay.

Yup, we're sick of our last good team being before a lot of people even supported the team!

41 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Essentially yes.

Just looked at ESPN, they're projected to have no.1, 9 and 21. Just hope they use them well

31 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Just looked at ESPN, they're projected to have no.1, 9 and 21. Just hope they use them well

So, we have two first rounders in 2021 and two second rounders in both years as well so even if we keep messing it up at QB we're going to keep swinging until we hit something.

As long as we keep trading down and generating more picks it doesn't matter if we hit. When we eventually hit we then have to get it right with the boatload of picks and in free agency. That's the plan anyway! We'll see!

We need the non QB high picks to be good though.

16 minutes ago, Prinny said:

So, we have two first rounders in 2021 and two second rounders in both years as well so even if we keep messing it up at QB we're going to keep swinging until we hit something.

As long as we keep trading down and generating more picks it doesn't matter if we hit. When we eventually hit we then have to get it right with the boatload of picks and in free agency. That's the plan anyway! We'll see!

We need the non QB high picks to be good though.

Forget Tua 2020 Trevor 2021??

On 09/09/2019 at 08:19, Super said:
  • Carolina Panthers 27-30 Los Angeles Rams
  • Philadelphia Eagles 32-27 Washington Redskins
  • Minnesota Vikings 28-12 Atlanta Falcons
  • Miami Dolphins 10-59 Baltimore Ravens
  • Jacksonville Jaguars 26-40 Kansas City Chiefs
  • Cleveland Browns 13-43 Tennessee Titans
  • New York Jets 16-17 Buffalo Bills
  • Seattle Seahawks 21-20 Cincinnati Bengals
  • Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 Indianapolis Colts (overtime)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17-31 San Francisco 49ers
  • Arizona Cardinals 27-27 Detroit Lions (overtime)
  • Dallas Cowboys 35-17 New York Giants

Id rather talk gas than this utter dribble

27 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

@Prinny

3 of these would do a better job than the current squad

I would say that the current team is doing an excellent job of being the worst team ever. We are worse than expansion teams. Historically bad.

Two big tests coming up. The self imploding Chargers who you can never count out messing things up and a team I actually think we can compete with from Washington!

Our owner obviously loves Michigan and we just signed Taco Charlton prior to the Cowboys game! Hop in the fish tank!

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

I would say that the current team is doing an excellent job of being the worst team ever. We are worse than expansion teams. Historically bad.

Two big tests coming up. The self imploding Chargers who you can never count out messing things up and a team I actually think we can compete with from Washington!

Our owner obviously loves Michigan and we just signed Taco Charlton prior to the Cowboys game! Hop in the fish tank!

Some great Dolphins memes popping up on some of the Michigan groups i'm on?

On 23/09/2019 at 09:28, Redwhitepurple said:

Id rather talk gas than this utter dribble

I’m not sure where you were actually invited in person to join the thread? Who asked you to join the thread titled ‘NFL season 19/20’?

This may sound like a stupid notion but if I see a thread title that I have no interest in, I might have a read to see what’s being said but I wouldn’t then needlessly comment to tell others that it doesn’t interest me because I’m pretty sure you’ll find that there are more threads that don’t interest you, than do actually interest you. So do you comment on every thread because everyone needs to know whether you are interested in the topic or no?

On 10/09/2019 at 22:16, 054123 said:

Just about to watch pats v steelers on game pass.

When it comes down to it, you can only hate pats so much before you realise it’s love ?

First game I watched was the 18-1 loss to the Giants. Picked my side and stuck by them. 

Felt guilty about it, almost feel like a United fan in the late 90's early 00's. 

Then again, being a coach, I think I'd have found Bill Belechick anyway. The Americas game films of the Patriots wins are such great insights into genius. Like Sir Alex here, the absolute kings of motivating. 

And that doesn't even go into the TB12 story, that would be too far fetched for a Disney "remember the titans" type film, but is playing out in front of us all. 

The single greatest individual sportsman in history. 

6 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

How close for the Packers??

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=27710623

Froze twice in the red zone in the last few minutes. Despite Le Fleur's reputation as an offensive coach, it all looks so unimaginative for GB. Rodgers had to scramble them out of trouble on numerous occasions last night too. 

Think the loss make the Packers record more accurate, they didn't look like a 3-0 team to me. 

That was a close game. Too close. But with the offense getting like 13 yards in the second half, missing two field goal and the defense giving up 15 yards on 3rd and 9 consistently we all worked together and got the loss!

Bye week and then the biggest test of the season at home to Washington.

Important game with the Bungals vs Steelers. Bungals are awful and need a QB and we have the Steelers first round pick. Cheering for Andy Dalton makes me sad! Let's Bungal! Go Bungals! Whatever it is they say!

Some early season form starting to emerge now. Several teams look pretty poor, I have to say. The Pats-Bills was a strangely terse game with neither side being too consistent. However, the Chiefs-Lions are a counterpoint as the better teams start to open up now. The divisions are shaping up too.

Archived