IGNORED

NFL Season 19/20

Super

10 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Thoughts on Burfict's suspension for the rest of the season?

https://www.facebook.com/gridironhub1/videos/509362976567540/

The way the bloke was laughing as he was ejected shows what a piece of sh*t he is. It's good to see the game/league now taking the fact that hits old this could kill someone.

I've seen people try to compare it to Jonathan Jones' on Allen, which is ludicrous. 

22 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Thoughts on Burfict's suspension for the rest of the season?

He's had previous, and on similar lines of U.R. This might be his last chance?

It rather reminds me of Alan Hansen's quote of a while ago that nicely fits the current topic: 'That sort of challenge is unacceptable in today's football; twenty years ago it would have earned you a professional contract.' What would Butkus, Dobler, Alzado et al have made of it?

Ahh, the great old slinger is back in town. The Raiders don't seem to be missing him too much, though. They are certainly giving the Bears' D line a right shove, what with Akiem Hicks suffering a nasty elbow injury. Could this be a bad day at the office for Chicago?

FT: New Orleans Saints 31-24 Tampa Bay Buccaneers

FT: Carolina Panthers 34-27 Jacksonville Jaguars

FT: Tennessee Titans 7-14 Buffalo Bills

FT: Pittsburgh Steelers 23-26 Baltimore Ravens

FT: Cincinnati Bengals 23-26 Arizona Cardinals

FT: Houston Texans 53-32 Atlanta Falcons

FT: Washington Redskins 7-33 New England Patriots

FT: New York Giants 10-28 Minnesota Vikings

FT: Oakland Raiders 24-21 Chicago Bears

FT: Philadelphia Eagles 31-6 New York Jets

FT: LA Chargers 13-20 Denver Broncos

FT: Dallas Cowboys 24-34 Green Bay Packers

FT Kansas City Chiefs 13-19 Indianapolis Colts (01:20 BST)

On 06/10/2019 at 21:43, Prinny said:

I know you were memeing about the Dolphins losing this week but with the Texans winning, the Washington team and the Bungals losing it did turn out to be another poor week!

Steelers lost which is helpful.

Tua bowl 1 next week. A must lose game!

Forget the 2020 draft, 2021 is where it's at!!

Knocked the **** out!!

Image result for mason rudolph hit

Anyone going to any of the London games this year? Just back from the Bears game at the weekend, great game bar the result and the facilities are pretty incredible at WHL although the sound system was pretty poor could barely hear the official calls. I met up with around 200 UK Bears fans so was pretty cool although wish I'd spent more time looking around the place rather than staying in the pub though ?. I drove down in the end and stayed in an a nearby Airbnb as I was surprised how bad public transport is around the ground its a walk to any of the tube stations whereas I could park a similar distance away for free.

Not long back from the new Lane - it is a pretty impressive stadium. But then so it should be, being a state of the art design and the concrete has only just set. I did try to note how it was put together and it seems to me to be a slightly asymmetrical affair in that the sides are not even compared to the opposite side of the pitch/field. The end under the cockerel is a single bank, whereas the 'away' end is not. But the main thing that I found was the seating in my area (lower level, corner section) had normal seats but also had a sturdy rail in front that spanned the whole rows and blocks. Safe Standing anyone?

The game was not a classic (or even as good as the Bears-Raiders the previous week) as the O lines in particular were slow to get going at all. With a leaking protection, perhaps it's not a surprise that Jameis Winston had a mare. Some of the football was crying out for a bit of class, but that rarely happened.

Leaving the new WHL was not as bad as Wembley, as I decided to use the Overground railway and not the Tube. The walk was a little shorter and the wait outside the station not as long either. Five stops later and I'm in the car. Much better! Almost a shame I'm back to Wembley next game...

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 14:41, just like watching brazil said:

8.50 for hot dog £6 for a pie oh and the so called high tech pumps stopped working

I couldn't believe how little there was on the side of the ground I came from hardly anywhere to eat so I paid the £8.50 hot dog!! Us Bears fans did hold up in the Antwerp Arms around the corner where it was £3.70 a pint tho so some money back!!

Poor Miami - will they ever do the sensible thing this season... I can't believe some Bears critics were saying we should trade for their quarterback Rosen who was so good against the Skins he got benched!! 

Lads, I've just bought a couple of tickets to Atlanta Falcons v Tampa in November, at the stadium in Atlanta. I used to follow NFL a little but haven't kept up with it in recent years. 

Anyone been to this stadium? Anything I need to know re watching? A quick look at the current table suggests it's gonna be a bit of a scrap between two fairly shite teams.

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Lads, I've just bought a couple of tickets to Atlanta Falcons v Tampa in November, at the stadium in Atlanta. I used to follow NFL a little but haven't kept up with it in recent years. 

Anyone been to this stadium? Anything I need to know re watching? A quick look at the current table suggests it's gonna be a bit of a scrap between two fairly shite teams.

Hope you enjoy the game and your trip, can't really help with the stadium question

20 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Not long back from the new Lane - it is a pretty impressive stadium. But then so it should be, being a state of the art design and the concrete has only just set. I did try to note how it was put together and it seems to me to be a slightly asymmetrical affair in that the sides are not even compared to the opposite side of the pitch/field. The end under the cockerel is a single bank, whereas the 'away' end is not. But the main thing that I found was the seating in my area (lower level, corner section) had normal seats but also had a sturdy rail in front that spanned the whole rows and blocks. Safe Standing anyone?

The game was not a classic (or even as good as the Bears-Raiders the previous week) as the O lines in particular were slow to get going at all. With a leaking protection, perhaps it's not a surprise that Jameis Winston had a mare. Some of the football was crying out for a bit of class, but that rarely happened.

Leaving the new WHL was not as bad as Wembley, as I decided to use the Overground railway and not the Tube. The walk was a little shorter and the wait outside the station not as long either. Five stops later and I'm in the car. Much better! Almost a shame I'm back to Wembley next game...

I'm pretty sure that is the rail seating for safe standing.

Think Atlanta vs Tampa will probably be eventful and fun if nothing else. Matt Ryan is playing awesome and Jameis Winston will either throw 5 touchdowns or 5 picks!

It's Tua bad about that last Miami play. I can't believe we went for a Tua point conversion instead of kicking the EP. Noone should pity us though, everything's going according Tua plan. 11 Tua go.

Archived