IGNORED

NFL Season 19/20

Super

14 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Don't look to healthy?

Image may contain: people playing sport

I watched this one Danny T even tried to just shake it off and get back on a couple of plays later. He's one of our better players but I guess that's his season done, ironically it was his replacement who seemed to galvanize the defence for our first win in five!

Don't really follow the sport but was shocked at that. Looked like an Ice Hockey game. Notice they didn't hold back on the guy that started it either, kicking him in the head and diving in with punches whilst he was on the floor.

Looks like the NFL disciplinary board will be having a busy day.

14 hours ago, Super said:

You underestimated how shit we really are!??

Yeah, I obviously did! :laugh:

The Jets are just being very Jetsy this year.

They can't just be completely awful, that would be too easy. So occasionally, they perform like a competent football team, which just makes it more frustrating when they capitulate! 

Turns out, I'm just not very good at picking football (Association or American) teams to support... ?

We need a Robin version of this outside the Gate.

Thoroughly enjoyed it today. Atlanta got pumped and I still don't know the rules. But the "supporter experience" was unmatched. Atmosphere was worse than the Dolman when we're 5-0 down on a wet Tuesday night in January though. I was amazed at how the game was more of a shopping/eating/wandering experience than a watch and sing kinda job.

But my god what a building. That Mercedes Benz Arena is astonishing, utterly astonishing.

IMG_20191124_154955299_HDR.jpg

America - the land of contrasts. You can have anything you like, so long as you are a customer. And when you have what you thought you wanted, you forget why you came there. Or to use the vernacular: "Too much is never enough."

Yes, we marvel at these outlandish displays and confirmations of progress, yearning for something like that, but be grateful for what we have. Much as I love American Football, the style of fans over there is a world away from ours. Give them a brand new facility occupied by a junk team and the empty seats will spell out the message by the end of Q3.

Meanwhile, the Steelers' Mason Rudolph has a chance to sit down, the Seahawks beat the Eagles in the Butterfingers Bowl and the Pats wash out the 'Boys in Foxboro. All signs that the playoffs are exercising some minds.

16 hours ago, Erithacus said:

America - the land of contrasts. You can have anything you like, so long as you are a customer. And when you have what you thought you wanted, you forget why you came there. Or to use the vernacular: "Too much is never enough."

Yes, we marvel at these outlandish displays and confirmations of progress, yearning for something like that, but be grateful for what we have. Much as I love American Football, the style of fans over there is a world away from ours. Give them a brand new facility occupied by a junk team and the empty seats will spell out the message by the end of Q3.

Meanwhile, the Steelers' Mason Rudolph has a chance to sit down, the Seahawks beat the Eagles in the Butterfingers Bowl and the Pats wash out the 'Boys in Foxboro. All signs that the playoffs are exercising some minds.

College football is where you'll find fans like us.

I’ve been tasked with trying to get tickets to NFL London next year as a present for a nephew. Does anyone know when the games tend to get announced / tickets go on sale?

i did go myself once about 8-9 years ago, so I know it’s expensive , but can’t remembeer much about the ticket process plus it will likely have changed anyway. Any guidance would be really handy 

12 hours ago, internetjef said:

I’ve been tasked with trying to get tickets to NFL London next year as a present for a nephew. Does anyone know when the games tend to get announced / tickets go on sale?

i did go myself once about 8-9 years ago, so I know it’s expensive , but can’t remembeer much about the ticket process plus it will likely have changed anyway. Any guidance would be really handy 

I don't know the specifics, but register on the link below and you'll get all the information emailed to you.

http://nfl.com/londontickets

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 21:50, internetjef said:

There will be four games two at Wembley two at WHL. They always seem to be around October half term so something to bare in mind if he's school age! The home teams tend to get announced first but the full lineups aren't usually revealed until the NFL schedule if finalized in April, tickets went on sale in June this year but season ticket holders get first crack which normally creates a scramble for general sale although demand dipped a bit this year and loads of people lost tickets via Thomas Cook going bust, the prices are still sky high though. Not sure if he has a team but Jacksonville are already announced as one of the teams and possibly Atlanta & Miami (but Mexico has an international game so they could still go there instead!)  

Sign up here for ticket news https://shp.csharmony.epsilon.com/pages/NFL_US/NFL_2020_London_ROI/

I've been loads of times so give me a shout nearer the time if you have any questions!

Archived