IGNORED

NFL Season 19/20

Super

5 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Another stunning Half Time Show that managed to include lots of flesh and gyrations but unfortunately avoided any overshooting stage slides or 'wardrobe malfunctions'. Just wondered why Ali G's brother was on... :dancing6:

Fixed that for you ?

Every year I am absolutely amazed by how they effectively hold a concert in the middle of a match. To set up a stage and all the associated stuff that goes with that, lights, electrics etc and to then take it down as quickly as they put it up in minutes is mightily impressive. I guess they rehearse it a fair few times?

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Fixed that for you ?

Every year I am absolutely amazed by how they effectively hold a concert in the middle of a match. To set up a stage and all the associated stuff that goes with that, lights, electrics etc and to then take it down as quickly as they put it up in minutes is mightily impressive. I guess they rehearse it a fair few times?

It's pretty impressive to watch them put it together and take it down again. 

Some tinpot outfit called the Rolling Stones when i went?

No photo description available.

9 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

It's pretty impressive to watch them put it together and take it down again. 

Some tinpot outfit called the Rolling Stones when i went?

No photo description available.

Wow what an experience that must have been! I envy you! 

I'm off to search for a youtube video of them putting it up and taking it down.

Coach Reid finds out that the end of a fifty year drought tastes of orange Gatorade. Congratulations to the Chiefs! Thought the Niners would continue to roll in the second half but didn't find the rhythm like they did at the end of the first. Great patience and grit to turn the score around by KC.   :clap::winner_third_h4h:

Great finish to a century of the National Football League; can't wait for it to start all over again - right from tomorrow!

Good game good game. Just thought the 49ers ran out of gas in the 4th quarter and then Chiefs ramped up the pressure so much the O and Jimmy got caught in the headlights. Not much you can say about Mahomes would simply run through a brick wall for his team, they were on the ropes for large parts of this game (again) but he keeps them hanging in there. If only the Bears had had the option to trade up and draft him, oh wait....

Well the Chiefs were down by at least ten in the play-offs twice and now they brought about a third comeback in the big one. Quite a record! Mahomes has already cemented his destiny according to many after only three season's work and some think could go on to be the best ever. We'll see.

What should also be kept in mind is the Niner's recent record: 5-11, 2-14, 6-10, 4-12 and now 13-3. They have to be commended on transforming what was a consistently disappointing return for a storied franchise and perhaps they will rise further in time to come.

21 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Well the Chiefs were down by at least ten in the play-offs twice and now they brought about a third comeback in the big one. Quite a record! Mahomes has already cemented his destiny according to many after only three season's work and some think could go on to be the best ever. We'll see.

What should also be kept in mind is the Niner's recent record: 5-11, 2-14, 6-10, 4-12 and now 13-3. They have to be commended on transforming what was a consistently disappointing return for a storied franchise and perhaps they will rise further in time to come.

As a Redskins fan at least it gives me a bit of hope. 49ers certainly had a great season.

13 hours ago, Erithacus said:

Rewarded for staying patient with a young up and coming coach!

Terrific Tom is off! The Pats' future HoF QB has announced his departure. Brady had 20 years in Foxborough, winning six Lombardi Trophies, losing three. With Brees sat still in New Orleans, it may be the time for Phil Rivers to make way for a promising youngster. Or possibly Brady.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/51930150

22 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Terrific Tom is off! The Pats' future HoF QB has announced his departure. Brady had 20 years in Foxborough, winning six Lombardi Trophies, losing three. With Brees sat still in New Orleans, it may be the time for Phil Rivers to make way for a promising youngster. Or possibly Brady.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/51930150

Tom ---> Tampa http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106744/article/tom-brady-agrees-in-principle-to-join-buccaneers

Rivers ---> Colts http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106687/article/philip-rivers-agrees-to-oneyear-25m-deal-with-colts

This is slightly problematic for us Dolphins, Chargers sit just below us in the draft, and Detroit seem to be keen to move on from Stafford... and they're 3rd, and will the team from Washington (2nd) move on from Haskins? Lots of fun in the off season ahead for QB watchers!

Cool gesture from the NFL to alleviate boredom!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106855/article/nfl-offers-fans-free-access-to-nfl-game-pass

Free Game Pass until July 31

Game Replays

-- Replay games from 2009-2019 including full broadcast replays of games, commercial free in HD (International -- 2019 season only)
--Includes Preseason (excluding 2009 season), playoff and Super Bowl matchups from the past 11 seasons (International -- 2019 Season only)
-- Condensed 45-minute game replays
-- Access 'All-22' and 'High Endzone' angle footage with Coaches Film
-- Exclusive NFL Game Pass Film Sessions
-- NFL players and coaches take Brian Baldinger and Ron Jaworski inside the film room to break down game-winning plays and technique

NFL Shows & Game Archives

-- 2019 episodes of NFL RedZone (International Only*)
-- Previous seasons of NFL Originals such as Hard Knocks, Mic'd Up, & A Football Life

Live NFL Network (International Only*)

-- 24/7 coverage of Free Agency, NFL Total Access and more

4 hours ago, Prinny said:

Cool gesture from the NFL to alleviate boredom!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106855/article/nfl-offers-fans-free-access-to-nfl-game-pass

Free Game Pass until July 31

Game Replays

-- Replay games from 2009-2019 including full broadcast replays of games, commercial free in HD (International -- 2019 season only)
--Includes Preseason (excluding 2009 season), playoff and Super Bowl matchups from the past 11 seasons (International -- 2019 Season only)
-- Condensed 45-minute game replays
-- Access 'All-22' and 'High Endzone' angle footage with Coaches Film
-- Exclusive NFL Game Pass Film Sessions
-- NFL players and coaches take Brian Baldinger and Ron Jaworski inside the film room to break down game-winning plays and technique

NFL Shows & Game Archives

-- 2019 episodes of NFL RedZone (International Only*)
-- Previous seasons of NFL Originals such as Hard Knocks, Mic'd Up, & A Football Life

Live NFL Network (International Only*)

-- 24/7 coverage of Free Agency, NFL Total Access and more

For new subs only. No refunds for those who ponied up last year.

22 minutes ago, sephjnr said:

For new subs only. No refunds for those who ponied up last year.

It's the new league year so there's no reason to refund anything?

And I didn't have it last year and have access to the content now, cause i just checked.

So not sure if you're right there

11 minutes ago, Prinny said:

It's the new league year so there's no reason to refund anything?

And I didn't have it last year and have access to the content now, cause i just checked.

So not sure if you're right there

There's nothing new for people who paid up for the full year last July. It's not that much of a gesture - unless you don't have Sky - as the offseason price is much less with no contemporary content that you can't get for free elsewhere. The Draft will be everywhere, Hard Knocks is on Sky on a day's/2-day lag, America's Game repeats are on for weeks to come before etc. Depending on how long COVID-19 goes on for there'll be even less new content.

Hi all, 

Just watching All Or Nothing with the Cardinals on Amazon Prime (no spoilers please). Never been into american football but you can probably guess why I'm now working my way through things like this. After at least 6-7 episodes I'm now ready to buy a full kit to sit on my sofa in and watch TV.

Is there an NFL team most city fans support? Is there an american football revision of Bristol City? Or a city that most resembles Bristol?

Cheers 

Hi Maldini,

Welcome to the American Football zone of OTIB.

There is a good helping of stuff like All or Nothing to while away the lockdown, but who to choose is entirely your call. Going to the Gate you will occasionally see the odd NFL team hat or jacket, such is the spread of the game in Britain. Incidentally, if you feel like joining properly the biggest fan club in old England is the New England Patriots, but all the teams have official set-ups here.

I am not aware of any team with a particular connection to the Reds, although there are a number of towns in the States named after our fair city. On top of that you may find yourself also becoming interested in the College game - which is much more supported as there are many more teams.

And when all this is over we can get back to spending all Sunday watching the big hits! Enjoy.

13 hours ago, Maldini said:

Hi all, 

Just watching All Or Nothing with the Cardinals on Amazon Prime (no spoilers please). Never been into american football but you can probably guess why I'm now working my way through things like this. After at least 6-7 episodes I'm now ready to buy a full kit to sit on my sofa in and watch TV.

Is there an NFL team most city fans support? Is there an american football revision of Bristol City? Or a city that most resembles Bristol?

Cheers 

LA Rams fan here. All or Nothing is probably the best programme for a newbie to get a feel for how teams work on the inside, and I like the Cowboys season the most (#3).

The Rams season (#2) came of the back of the year we moved to LA and 

On the back of Hard Knocks in the same year the team had a renewed sense of optimism. Then after going 3-1 we then lost 11 of the last 12. The intro of AoN S2 shows Jeff telling the players he'd been sacked.

Archived