IGNORED

NFL Season 19/20

Super

Thanks Erithacus and sephjnr. Definitely going to try and work my way through the AON seasons. 

Guess I'll just need to wait for a sign to pick a team. A mate of mine supports Baltimore as he was watching The Wire (which is set there) when he started getting into NFL!

I follow the Saints 

watched then in one of the London live games originally.

visited New Orleans a few years later (just before season started though) and loved it 

later on same trip I was in San Francisco and managed to catch them play Saints 

started following it a lot more since then , doesn’t hurt they are currently pretty good and hey have a cool kit ha 

must admit it’s quite a good sport for watching players rather than teams also. Lots of exciting players across the league you can keep an eye out for defending who is playing 

also Red Zone is great , like a live match of the day ha 

On 07/04/2020 at 12:53, internetjef said:

I follow the Saints 

watched then in one of the London live games originally.

visited New Orleans a few years later (just before season started though) and loved it 

later on same trip I was in San Francisco and managed to catch them play Saints 

started following it a lot more since then , doesn’t hurt they are currently pretty good and hey have a cool kit ha 

must admit it’s quite a good sport for watching players rather than teams also. Lots of exciting players across the league you can keep an eye out for defending who is playing 

also Red Zone is great , like a live match of the day ha 

Fellow Saints fan here ?

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

Any opinions on the draft tonight, shame I wanted to watch it but don't have Sky.

Download the Bleacher Report app, they are doing a live show, the Stick To Football crew and Adam Lefkoe. Not sure how good it will be, but I'll be leaving it on as I get off to sleep. I need to be asleep well before it kicks off or I'll be up all night for it!

On 06/04/2020 at 09:55, Maldini said:

Hi all, 

Just watching All Or Nothing with the Cardinals on Amazon Prime (no spoilers please). Never been into american football but you can probably guess why I'm now working my way through things like this. After at least 6-7 episodes I'm now ready to buy a full kit to sit on my sofa in and watch TV.

Is there an NFL team most city fans support? Is there an american football revision of Bristol City? Or a city that most resembles Bristol?

Cheers 

Pick a shit team, one picking at the top of the draft, and enjoy the ride

Followed the Saints for 30+ years, the way the draft system and salary cap works it's hard to be shit for too long. The Patriots dynasty is a bit of an anomaly over the last 20 years or so. Cardinals are going to be fun to watch over the next couple of years, they wear red and white.....could be a sign for you right there??

It feels like Christmas. I'm nervous and excited.

Dolphins have picks 5, 18, 26, 39, 56, 70 as well as two 1s and two 2s next year.

Rumours range from trading up to 1 for Burrow, up to 3 and taking Andrew Thomas, staying at 5 and taking Herbert (O_o), getting 3 with other picks while KEEPING 5. In other words noone knows! And what we do can cause utter chaos around the league.

I'm going nocturnal for the draft as it's really going to be the sporting highlight of the next few months and I want to watch live.

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

It feels like Christmas. I'm nervous and excited.

Dolphins have picks 5, 18, 26, 39, 56, 70 as well as two 1s and two 2s next year.

Rumours range from trading up to 1 for Burrow, up to 3 and taking Andrew Thomas, staying at 5 and taking Herbert (O_o), getting 3 with other picks while KEEPING 5. In other words noone knows! And what we do can cause utter chaos around the league.

I'm going nocturnal for the draft as it's really going to be the sporting highlight of the next few months and I want to watch live.

Read they want to get to 3, then use that to flip it with Cincinnati. I really don't see that happening. Imagine the phones are red hot right now

5 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Hoping either the Dolphins trade up to 2nd for a QB and the Lions get Chase Young or they trade up to 3rd giving the Lions 5th and another round 1 pick.

Young, Okudah, Simmons - I'd be happy with any of them. Young looks something really special

Amid all the current Groundhog Day stuff I quite missed the Draft build-up. It will be interesting to see something approaching 'live sport' for a change. As I don't support any particular team I can happily sit back and scoff something unhealthy without fear. For all those who still have Sky, enjoy!

I woke up for a pee about 15 minutes before the Saints picked, great timing

Not a sexy pick, but we don't have many needs right now whilst Brees is still there. I'd have gone linebacker, Queen was still there, but Ruiz got a love of pre draft love and one thing any Saints fan can't moan about right now is the scouting / drafting process. Nailed it over the last 3 or 4 years

On 23/04/2020 at 14:06, 'Orns said:

Followed the Saints for 30+ years, the way the draft system and salary cap works it's hard to be shit for too long. The Patriots dynasty is a bit of an anomaly over the last 20 years or so. Cardinals are going to be fun to watch over the next couple of years, they wear red and white.....could be a sign for you right there??

Yeah really enjoyed season 1 of All Or Nothing with the Cardinals but the team and coach have obviously changed a lot since then. Now on season 5 with the Eagles. 

But I'm now also watching the Michael Jordan doc on Netflix.  So now I need a pair of classic Air Jordan High Tops. 

The need for sport, any sport, is strong! By the end of this lockdown I will be sitting on the sofa in an NFL shirt, Air Jordans, fishing waders and a water polo cap.  

He's an especially freakishly great athlete in a game where freakishly great athletes are the norm. He will be ready to take on the pros physically, so the team will be concentrating on the mental aspect. I reckon he may need a little time to settle in but has the opportunity to stand out. A very good pick for the Bengals who need some help on Defense.

Here we go again. Seconds out, Round 2.

The Pats have kept their powder dry and have five picks now - just what they need to replace Brady, Gronk and others.

Lions pick Georgia RB D'Andre Swift first up. Another great name for a player.

On 24/04/2020 at 18:20, Super said:

Chase Young any good chaps?

20 hours ago, Prinny said:

The best player in the draft. Rated higher than both Bosa brothers.

So basically a can't miss, year in year out pro bowl player at the second most valuable position in the game.

What Prinny said, Supes

I don't think I read one thing during the whole process where there was any disagreement he's the best player in the class. If he's rates higher than the Bosa's he's some player

Got a hell of a defence up there now, just need a rocket up the offence

On 23/04/2020 at 14:06, 'Orns said:

You'd think.

mark sanchez fumble GIF

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

You'd think.

mark sanchez fumble GIF

? to this day I can't work out what Sanchez is thinking of there. He appears to be looking straight at him?

AFC East will become a little more interesting this year though, or it should? Bills are looking half decent, Dolphins spent a lot and got their future QB, big step needed from Darnold and co to put the pressure on the Pats. An interesting division after all these years!

54 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

? to this day I can't work out what Sanchez is thinking of there. He appears to be looking straight at him?

AFC East will become a little more interesting this year though, or it should? Bills are looking half decent, Dolphins spent a lot and got their future QB, big step needed from Darnold and co to put the pressure on the Pats. An interesting division after all these years!

I like to think as little about that particular moment as possible :laugh: The Jets are, though, living proof that the draft system doesn't always mean that teams can't stay medicore for  a very very long time!! Aside from a couple of years during the Rex Ryan era, and a few half promising seasons with Herm Edwards, my career as a Jets fan has been rather barren.

I am reluctant to be positive about the coming season (as I am always more optimistic than I should be) but the AFL East should be very tight this year.

While it may look like the Dolphins spent a lot, all the contracts are front loaded so if the players are bad we can cut after 1-2 years no problem. We're not contending this year as a lot of the picks are developmental and the likely red shirt of Tua. 2021 I expect success. I expect a couple more wins though this year. 6-8 wins is fine.

Darnold needs to improve. All he's shown is flashes of talent so far, which is all he showed in college. Gase has never developed a QB. Big year for both of them. Lots of coin flips on the new O-line. Where are the corners? Where are the WRs?

Patriots I have no clue about. How good is "Stid"? We'll see. We'll see if someone like Dalton comes in. Massive talent drain from New England this off season.

Bills have to be favourites right now. I mean they even upgraded their QB ?

1: Bills

2: Patriots

3: Jets

4: Dolphins

Excited to see a QB win the division for the first time since 2000 not named Brady or Pennington!

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

While it may look like the Dolphins spent a lot, all the contracts are front loaded so if the players are bad we can cut after 1-2 years no problem. We're not contending this year as a lot of the picks are developmental and the likely red shirt of Tua. 2021 I expect success. I expect a couple more wins though this year. 6-8 wins is fine.

Darnold needs to improve. All he's shown is flashes of talent so far, which is all he showed in college. Gase has never developed a QB. Big year for both of them. Lots of coin flips on the new O-line. Where are the corners? Where are the WRs?

Patriots I have no clue about. How good is "Stid"? We'll see. We'll see if someone like Dalton comes in. Massive talent drain from New England this off season.

Excited to see a QB win the division for the first time since 2000 not named Brady or Pennington!

Ha ha. Being a Bengals fan, if Dalton ends up at the Patriots then they’ll finish bottom of the East. 
Just so glad we tanked so bad last year and picked Burrow, to finally end the Dalton era. 

It started off relatively well, and we managed to hit 5 playoff seasons in a row. However, much of that was down to the talent around him, and a particularly decent defence, rather than Dalton’s ability. 
Probably THE most average QB in the league for the last 8 years. 

You guys likely watch your own teams, or red zone, or whatever game is on sky, so you probably only see a little of him. I’ve watched, via Game Pass, every Dalton snap of every game, and he’s the biggest pussy in the league. The slightest hint of pressure and he craps himself, and if he actually runs out of the pocket, his completion percentage on the run must be something like 2%! 

So so so glad we’ve got Burrow now and can start the rebuild. 
Some media outlets had hinted at us trading Dalton to the Pats for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Ha ha. Was never gonna happen. 
His contract needs to be picked up at $17m next season, and there’s no way anyone was gonna pick that up. 

Bengals can cut him and offload that contract and then another team can pick him up and negotiate a deal. So he may yet end up at New England, on a much cheaper deal. But if he does, I guarantee the Pats will be 4-12 next year. 

Very happy with the Bengals draft. I can finally see a path back into the playoffs. Not next season, but maybe the year after. 

20 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I like to think as little about that particular moment as possible :laugh: The Jets are, though, living proof that the draft system doesn't always mean that teams can't stay medicore for  a very very long time!! Aside from a couple of years during the Rex Ryan era, and a few half promising seasons with Herm Edwards, my career as a Jets fan has been rather barren.

I am reluctant to be positive about the coming season (as I am always more optimistic than I should be) but the AFL East should be very tight this year.

You see some teams crush the draft year in, year out - Ravens being one that springs to mind immediately, Saints have done really well since Ireland came on board 3 or 4 years ago to help out
Sometimes it falls into your lap - Cowboys and Panthers spring to mind this year, they had excellent (on paper) drafts and didn't have to move around to get key fits
And some teams it just seems like too much like hard work, Jets & Browns spring to mind!
Feel for you - got a bit of a soft spot for the Jets, probably because I don't like the Giants

15 hours ago, Prinny said:

Ha, possible fair comment on the Bills QB room there! Certainly more excitement around this Division and one I'll keep more of an eye on this year. Be interesting to see if / when Tua takes the field for the first time. If Fitzmagic is firing then he's so much fun to watch, I'd be happy to watch him for another year!

13 hours ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. Being a Bengals fan, if Dalton ends up at the Patriots then they’ll finish bottom of the East. 
Just so glad we tanked so bad last year and picked Burrow, to finally end the Dalton era. 

It started off relatively well, and we managed to hit 5 playoff seasons in a row. However, much of that was down to the talent around him, and a particularly decent defence, rather than Dalton’s ability. 
Probably THE most average QB in the league for the last 8 years. 

You guys likely watch your own teams, or red zone, or whatever game is on sky, so you probably only see a little of him. I’ve watched, via Game Pass, every Dalton snap of every game, and he’s the biggest pussy in the league. The slightest hint of pressure and he craps himself, and if he actually runs out of the pocket, his completion percentage on the run must be something like 2%! 

So so so glad we’ve got Burrow now and can start the rebuild. 
Some media outlets had hinted at us trading Dalton to the Pats for a 3rd or 4th rounder. Ha ha. Was never gonna happen. 
His contract needs to be picked up at $17m next season, and there’s no way anyone was gonna pick that up. 

Bengals can cut him and offload that contract and then another team can pick him up and negotiate a deal. So he may yet end up at New England, on a much cheaper deal. But if he does, I guarantee the Pats will be 4-12 next year. 

Very happy with the Bengals draft. I can finally see a path back into the playoffs. Not next season, but maybe the year after. 

Bengals had a very good looking draft. Higgins at top of the second was a real gift. Him and Joey B doing their apprenticeships together will be fun
If Dalton sticks around, and I take every point you have written about, he would be a very sensible head to have in the room with Burrow. You could do a lot worse than let him walk, if he will stick around and do that. He's a safe option, knows the place and I just don't see him getting a #1 gig anywhere else? Saying that, the Pats may well have to get him at some point. With Jameis off to my Saints and Newton not being fit for any decent amount of time he's the next best experienced option if they really don't fancy Stidham

Further to my earlier Andy Dalton rant. We released him (as expected), so we got rid of his $17m salary cap hit. 
He’s just signed a 1 year, $7m ($3m guaranteed) with the Cowboys. 

So all that rumoured interest from the Patriots was nonsense, as I’d expected. 

Good move for him though, as a Texas boy. Nice work holding a clipboard for $7m a year!! 

• Admin

New York Giants cornerback Deandre Baker has turned himself into the police to face armed robbery charges

Police in Florida had issued arrest warrants for Aker and Seattle Seahawks cornerback Quinton Dunbar

The two players face four charges of armed robbery with a firearm and four charges of aggravated assault

Armed robbery? Why would well-paid NFL players decide to do that? Maybe they didn't rate their current teams.     :nono:

Can't help hum the Fun Loving Criminals...Running around robbing banks all wacked off of scooby snacks

Archived