Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Super

NFL Season 19/20

• Carolina Panthers 27-30 Los Angeles Rams
  • Philadelphia Eagles 32-27 Washington Redskins
  • Minnesota Vikings 28-12 Atlanta Falcons
  • Miami Dolphins 10-59 Baltimore Ravens
  • Jacksonville Jaguars 26-40 Kansas City Chiefs
  • Cleveland Browns 13-43 Tennessee Titans
  • New York Jets 16-17 Buffalo Bills
  • Seattle Seahawks 21-20 Cincinnati Bengals
  • Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 Indianapolis Colts (overtime)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17-31 San Francisco 49ers
  • Arizona Cardinals 27-27 Detroit Lions (overtime)
  • Dallas Cowboys 35-17 New York Giants
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Well, my optimism for the season ahead lasted precisely three quarters of football. 

And then the Same Old Jets returned. 

I honestly don't know why I bother :grr:

Mine lasted a half. Same old Redskins.

• Like 1

Rams made much harder work of this than they should have, which is par for the course. New captain left the game due to his head getting busted open with a knee, Goff threw a customary pick when it wasn't needed, Aaron Donald had a quiet day and Todd Gurley's days as an S-tier RB are done, fight me bro.

What about the Browns last night? Was expecting far more than the Titans sticking a 40 burger on them! As for the Dolphins.....😬. They are defo going for the tank this season

Saints first up tonight, would be lovely to actually win the first game of the year for a change

The Packers look strong defensively this season. Restricting  the Bears to a field goal and with Aaron Rogers they’re a formidable outfit.

Good win for them at Soldier Field. 

If people are wondering about the Browns, their O Line is bad, then it got hurt, so then it was abysmal, and they faced very good pass rushers. No-one rates Cam Wake. He got his 100th sack in the game. Baker got hurt, so he couldn't throw properly so that's why they got trashed. People got to stop looking at the flashy skill positions, the O Line makes everything work.

9 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Well, my optimism for the season ahead lasted precisely three quarters of football. 

And then the Same Old Jets returned. 

I honestly don't know why I bother :grr:

Enjoy crazy Adam Gase, you're welcome! Actually it's the complete lack of depth you have in your roster. CJ Moseley got hurt and the D fell apart.

Think the only surprise of week one was the Bungals almost beating the Seahawks.

• Like 1

Just about to watch pats v steelers on game pass.

When it comes down to it, you can only hate pats so much before you realise it’s love 😂

Edited by 054123
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, 054123 said:

Just about to watch pats v steelers on game pass.

When it comes down to it, you can only hate pats so much before you realise it’s love 😂

Trust me, it's hate. When you support an AFL East team, it's hate. So much hate.

angry the grinch GIF

• Haha 1

I'm really looking forward to staying up until 4:30am on Monday night to watch Trevor Siemian destroy the Browns defence on his way to a perfect passer rating hand the ball off to Le'Veon Bell on every single play, rather than throw an inevitable pick, on the way to an humiliating defeat. 

:grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

First slightly off topic post of the season.

If you have Netflix i would strongly advise you to watch a series called QB1:Beyond the Lights.

There have been 3 series, each series the follow 3 high school QB's through their last season.

2 standouts, Jake Fromm who's at Georgia and Justin Fields who's at Ohio, he transferred from Georgia. 

Fields in particular stands out, he'll probably be the no.1 pick when he declares eligible for the draft and Fromm will be 1st or 2nd round pick.

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81003033

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QB1:_Beyond_the_Lights

• Like 1

12 hours ago, northsomersetred said:

Fields in particular stands out, he'll probably be the no.1 pick when he declares eligible for the draft and Fromm will be 1st or 2nd round pick.

He has two years of eligibility right?

I think.

Tua Tagovailoa will be number 1 in 2020

Trevor Lawrence will be number 1 in 2021

Obv things change so fast with QBs and drafting though!

6 minutes ago, Prinny said:

He has two years of eligibility right?

I think.

Tua Tagovailoa will be number 1 in 2020

Trevor Lawrence will be number 1 in 2021

Obv things change so fast with QBs and drafting though!

I *think* he can go after next season, IMHO he'd get picked above Tua.

Dolphins are going for their 2nd 'Perfect Season'🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

I *think* he can go after next season, IMHO he'd get picked above Tua.

Dolphins are going for their 2nd 'Perfect Season'🤣

That's why I'm paying so much attention to college QBs...

I think this was the worst football team ever assembled. And then it's been deliberately sabotaged. We have two good players on the roster. One of them is the kicker.

I think we have a 4 slim chances to win though. vs Washington, the injured Jets and the Bungals at home and the Giants away.

We've lost by an average of 46 points at home. So next up, a trip to Jerryworld.

• Los Angeles Rams 27-9 New Orleans Saints
  • Oakland Raiders 10-28 Kansas City Chiefs
  • Denver Broncos 14-16 Chicago Bears
  • Tennessee Titans 17-19 Indianapolis Colts
  • Detroit Lions 13-10 Los Angeles Chargers
  • Houston Texans 13-12 Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Miami Dolphins 0-43 New England Patriots
  • Baltimore Ravens 23-17 Arizona Cardinals
  • Washington Redskins 21-31 Dallas Cowboys
  • Green Bay Packers 21-16 Minnesota Vikings
  • Pittsburgh Steelers 26-28 Seattle Seahawks
  • New York Giants 14-28 Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnati Bengals 17-41 San Francisco 49ers

1 hour ago, Super said:
  • Los Angeles Rams 27-9 New Orleans Saints
  • Oakland Raiders 10-28 Kansas City Chiefs
  • Denver Broncos 14-16 Chicago Bears
  • Tennessee Titans 17-19 Indianapolis Colts
  • Detroit Lions 13-10 Los Angeles Chargers
  • Houston Texans 13-12 Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Miami Dolphins 0-43 New England Patriots
  • Baltimore Ravens 23-17 Arizona Cardinals
  • Washington Redskins 21-31 Dallas Cowboys
  • Green Bay Packers 21-16 Minnesota Vikings
  • Pittsburgh Steelers 26-28 Seattle Seahawks
  • New York Giants 14-28 Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnati Bengals 17-41 San Francisco 49ers

Go Bears!

On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 07:47, northsomersetred said:

First slightly off topic post of the season.

If you have Netflix i would strongly advise you to watch a series called QB1:Beyond the Lights.

There have been 3 series, each series the follow 3 high school QB's through their last season.

2 standouts, Jake Fromm who's at Georgia and Justin Fields who's at Ohio, he transferred from Georgia. 

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81003033

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QB1:_Beyond_the_Lights

Cheers will give that a go need a fix until Hardknocks and All or nothing comes around again!

3 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Do you fancy sending him over to us? 

Sure, we'll let the punter do the kickoffs. Won't need anyone for anything else.

For Adam Gase, the price is 3 years of my life back and 2 first round picks.

Holy shit, we scored a FG!! :yahoo:

*Unfortunately, we've done sod all else and our backup QB snapped his ankle, but hey I'll take anything at this point....

• Haha 1

What a meat grinder the weekend was. Brees is out until Week 8ish, Big Ben is done for the season (and possibly for good), and Eli has been demoted to backup.

@Prinny and anyone else, you've probably gathered that college is my thing rather than the NFL, i'm watching on Sky now and it's been mentioned the Dolphins are trying to 'lose' the season? 

Are they deliberatley going for the no.1 pick and trying to rebuild for next season?

1 hour ago, northsomersetred said:

@Prinny and anyone else, you've probably gathered that college is my thing rather than the NFL, i'm watching on Sky now and it's been mentioned the Dolphins are trying to 'lose' the season? 

Are they deliberatley going for the no.1 pick and trying to rebuild for next season?

Essentially yes.

We purged most of our terribly constructed and overpaid roster and have not signed anyone to the point where we were going to struggle to beat anyone. Then we traded most of the remaining talent (for excellent value) so the team is even worse. We would trade literally anyone on our roster at the minute.

We're a dumb franchise who has consistently failed to draft well, has consistently tried to paper over the cracks with expensive and average free agents and consistently achieved absolutely nothing for two decades so we're hitting the big fat reset button as a desperation move/longer term plan.

We have the worst team in football, because we've been so badly mismanaged. So we can spend all our money in an attempt to go 8-8 again or just suck it up for a year and actually try to get a can't miss franchise QB which we can build around. We're kicking the tires on Rosen to see what we have but more likely...

That's Tua, so we need that first overall pick. Realistically the aim is to be competitive in 2021

Edited by Prinny

9 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Essentially yes.

We purged most of our terribly constructed and overpaid roster and have not signed anyone to the point where we were going to struggle to beat anyone. Then we traded most of the remaining talent (for excellent value) so the team is even worse. We would trade literally anyone on our roster at the minute.

We're a dumb franchise who has consistently failed to draft well, has consistently tried to paper over the cracks with expensive and average free agents and consistently achieved absolutely nothing for two decades so we're hitting the big fat reset button as a desperation move/longer term plan.

We have the worst team in football, because we've been so badly mismanaged. So we can spend all our money in an attempt to go 8-8 again or just suck it up for a year and actually try to get a can't miss franchise QB which we can build around. We're kicking the tires on Rosen to see what we have but more likely...

That's Tua, so we need that first overall pick. Realistically the aim is to be competitive in 2021

I went to see the Jets v Dolphins at Wembley for sole reason to watch Suh. It was crap, so crap it was crapper than crap. The worst game ive ever seen live or on tv or played in or watched Britball.

Think they've been going downhill ever since. I met Nat Moore that day, he played when they had a decent team.

13 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

I went to see the Jets v Dolphins at Wembley for sole reason to watch Suh. It was crap, so crap it was crapper than crap. The worst game ive ever seen live or on tv or played in or watched Britball.

Think they've been going downhill ever since. I met Nat Moore that day, he played when they had a decent team.

Yeah I went to it too... the game where we went to London but our head coach did not come back! Suh is STILL the third highest cap hit on this current team. He was a very good player, but a signal of what we do wrong. Overpay.

Yup, we're sick of our last good team being before a lot of people even supported the team!

Edited by Prinny

41 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Essentially yes.

Just looked at ESPN, they're projected to have no.1, 9 and 21. Just hope they use them well

31 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Just looked at ESPN, they're projected to have no.1, 9 and 21. Just hope they use them well

So, we have two first rounders in 2021 and two second rounders in both years as well so even if we keep messing it up at QB we're going to keep swinging until we hit something.

As long as we keep trading down and generating more picks it doesn't matter if we hit. When we eventually hit we then have to get it right with the boatload of picks and in free agency. That's the plan anyway! We'll see!

We need the non QB high picks to be good though.

Edited by Prinny

16 minutes ago, Prinny said:

So, we have two first rounders in 2021 and two second rounders in both years as well so even if we keep messing it up at QB we're going to keep swinging until we hit something.

As long as we keep trading down and generating more picks it doesn't matter if we hit. When we eventually hit we then have to get it right with the boatload of picks and in free agency. That's the plan anyway! We'll see!

We need the non QB high picks to be good though.

Forget Tua 2020 Trevor 2021👍😉

16 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Forget Tua 2020 Trevor 2021👍😉

That's it. Tank for Tua and he sucks it becomes Tank for Trevor. Just no more Tannehills (Herbert/Fromm)

On 09/09/2019 at 08:19, Super said:
  • Carolina Panthers 27-30 Los Angeles Rams
  • Philadelphia Eagles 32-27 Washington Redskins
  • Minnesota Vikings 28-12 Atlanta Falcons
  • Miami Dolphins 10-59 Baltimore Ravens
  • Jacksonville Jaguars 26-40 Kansas City Chiefs
  • Cleveland Browns 13-43 Tennessee Titans
  • New York Jets 16-17 Buffalo Bills
  • Seattle Seahawks 21-20 Cincinnati Bengals
  • Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 Indianapolis Colts (overtime)
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17-31 San Francisco 49ers
  • Arizona Cardinals 27-27 Detroit Lions (overtime)
  • Dallas Cowboys 35-17 New York Giants

Id rather talk gas than this utter dribble

1 hour ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Id rather talk gas than this utter dribble

You could ignore the thread?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

@Prinny

3 of these would do a better job than the current squad

I would say that the current team is doing an excellent job of being the worst team ever. We are worse than expansion teams. Historically bad.

Two big tests coming up. The self imploding Chargers who you can never count out messing things up and a team I actually think we can compete with from Washington!

Our owner obviously loves Michigan and we just signed Taco Charlton prior to the Cowboys game! Hop in the fish tank!

Edited by Prinny

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

I would say that the current team is doing an excellent job of being the worst team ever. We are worse than expansion teams. Historically bad.

Two big tests coming up. The self imploding Chargers who you can never count out messing things up and a team I actually think we can compete with from Washington!

Our owner obviously loves Michigan and we just signed Taco Charlton prior to the Cowboys game! Hop in the fish tank!

Some great Dolphins memes popping up on some of the Michigan groups i'm on😁