IGNORED

U23 match at 1pm.

Judda

City Under-23s will look to extend their unbeaten run to four matches when they face Birmingham City this afternoon (Monday).

The Professional Development League fixture will be played at Ashton Gate, kicking-off at 1pm.

Luke Williams' side were last in action in BS3 two weeks ago, overcoming Barnsley 4-1.

Only the Lansdown Stand lower tier will be open for this match, with tickets priced at £3 for adults and concessions £1. Admission is free for all season card holders.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Anyone know the team line up ?

Birmingham have published theirs on twitter, not a peep from our lot.

Gregor McGregor says: 

Hearing that a strong team being fielded this afternoon, with Williams, Watkins, Palmer, Adelakun, Szmodics and others involved. Believe the head coach will be watching on, too. #BristolCity

1 minute ago, Judda said:

Screenshot_20190909-123652_Gallery.jpg

Seems strange to have KP playing. The rest need games, but he’s played each week.

My guess is, a la JET,  he’s one of those players that needs consistent game time to stay up to speed. With JET it took him 4-6 games at times to be full pelt, and you can see a parallel there with KPs hit and miss performances when not fully fit last year and how he’s played this year with a run of games

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Seems strange to have KP playing. The rest need games, but he’s played each week.

My guess is, a la JET,  he’s one of those players that needs consistent game time to stay up to speed. With JET it took him 4-6 games at times to be full pelt, and you can see a parallel there with KPs hit and miss performances when not fully fit last year and how he’s played this year with a run of games

Maybe as he joined us late he feels he needs a couple more for sharpness...

4 minutes ago, BenSainsbury99 said:

Proud of my brother for playing for the 23's today, not often he gets many opportunities so hope he takes it!

Won't be surprised if majority at the game say "Oh he looks a bit small" ?

So you should be, hope he has a good game!

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I didn’t say we’d spend all day there. I’m too old to do all dayers now!

Very sensible but I thought you were going to really boost their coffers?

Even halves all round should help though with the sheer size of your gang! ;)

1 minute ago, Judda said:

Aaron Sainsbury's tiny for a keeper. Looks decent so far but hope he has a growth spurt!

17, playing for U23's says it all really. 

I am sure the medical team will have sussed out how much more "growing room" he has, they seem to know these things with more accuracy these days.

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure the medical team will have sussed out how much more "growing room" he has, they seem to know these things with more accuracy these days.

Just made a second save. Both fairly routine but doing ok so far...

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Brother turnt 18 a month ago but still! He's almost 5'10 hopefully can make it to 6ft at least. Distribution and shot stopping is his strong point, height does let him down though!

27 minutes ago, BenSainsbury99 said:

Proud of my brother for playing for the 23's today, not often he gets many opportunities so hope he takes it!

Won't be surprised if majority at the game say "Oh he looks a bit small" ?

It took precisely 15 minutes :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Judda said:

Aaron Sainsbury's tiny for a keeper. Looks decent so far but hope he has a growth spurt!

7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

It took precisely 15 minutes :laugh:

Bloke next to me has said it three times! 

Lino in front the lansdown looks like Albert Steptoe and is probably the same age!

Scrappy game to be fair.

Archived