IGNORED

U23 match at 1pm.

Judda

23 minutes ago, BenSainsbury99 said:

Brother turnt 18 a month ago but still! He's almost 5'10 hopefully can make it to 6ft at least. Distribution and shot stopping is his strong point, height does let him down though!

Clean sheet so far. Good luck to him.  6' would help his long term career though ??⚽?

There are and have been superb short keepers. Neville Southall (my hero as a boy) immediately springs to mind. Admittedly, not as short as this young man, but hopefully he grows a bit further. Must have something about him to be playing this level, so good luck to him.

33 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

McGregor and the post are reporting that Palmer is playing as LJ wants to see how he links with Szmodics. Apparently Szmodics is playing as a false 9 with KP in behind him.

Can those in attendance confirm or comment?

I’m fascinated by the concept of false number 9s, but why don’t clubs take it a stage further - i. e. have false number 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. It would definitely confuse the opposition 

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m fascinated by the concept of false number 9s, but why don’t clubs take it a stage further - i. e. have false number 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. It would definitely confuse the opposition 

False goalies.

You think you've chipped the keeper, but suddenly the lad you thought was centre-forward catches the ball. Turns out he was the goalie all along.

Cunning.... :cool2:

Sorry to report that once again, Adelakun has been awful. Constantly gives it away and runs down blind alleys. Doesn’t appear to have a footballing brain at this level, nevermind higher. Yeah he’s got tricks and a step over or two in his locker, but much else I’m afraid.

10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

False goalies.

You think you've chipped the keeper, but suddenly the lad you thought was centre-forward catches the ball. Turns out he was the goalie all along.

Cunning.... :cool2:

Just play rush backs!

Towler apparently moved into back 3 as Taylor moves into midfield. Towler certainly looks big enough to be centre back. Who is Edward Taylor? Don't think I have heard of him. And how is Marcus Day playing? 

14 minutes ago, WesM said:

Sorry to report that once again, Adelakun has been awful. Constantly gives it away and runs down blind alleys. Doesn’t appear to have a footballing brain at this level, nevermind higher. Yeah he’s got tricks and a step over or two in his locker, but much else I’m afraid.

Agreed. Also not impressed with Bakinson. Or Watkins. 

21 minutes ago, WesM said:

Totally agree from today's performance. 

17 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Towler apparently moved into back 3 as Taylor moves into midfield. Towler certainly looks big enough to be centre back. Who is Edward Taylor? Don't think I have heard of him. And how is Marcus Day playing? 

Towler did well. Couple of loose passes from midfield. Did better as a left sided defender... left back I thought... 

Edward Taylor played centre back I think. 

Marcus Day was great. High energy attacking midfielder.  Faded towards the end of the game a bit though...

Archived