Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Judda

U23 match at 1pm.

Recommended Posts

Who's going?

I might. Despite a few missing for international duty... could be interesting. 

Apologies if another thread already started. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Judda said:

Who's going?

I might. Despite a few missing for international duty... could be interesting. 

Apologies if another thread already started. 

Might pop over for a bit actually,  thanks for the reminder. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

City Under-23s will look to extend their unbeaten run to four matches when they face Birmingham City this afternoon (Monday).

The Professional Development League fixture will be played at Ashton Gate, kicking-off at 1pm.

Luke Williams' side were last in action in BS3 two weeks ago, overcoming Barnsley 4-1.

Only the Lansdown Stand lower tier will be open for this match, with tickets priced at £3 for adults and concessions £1. Admission is free for all season card holders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Anyone know the team line up ?

Birmingham have published theirs on twitter, not a peep from our lot.

Gregor McGregor says: 

Hearing that a strong team being fielded this afternoon, with Williams, Watkins, Palmer, Adelakun, Szmodics and others involved. Believe the head coach will be watching on, too. #BristolCity
 
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Judda said:

Screenshot_20190909-123652_Gallery.jpg

Seems strange to have KP playing. The rest need games, but he’s played each week.

My guess is, a la JET,  he’s one of those players that needs consistent game time to stay up to speed. With JET it took him 4-6 games at times to be full pelt, and you can see a parallel there with KPs hit and miss performances when not fully fit last year and how he’s played this year with a run of games

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Seems strange to have KP playing. The rest need games, but he’s played each week.

My guess is, a la JET,  he’s one of those players that needs consistent game time to stay up to speed. With JET it took him 4-6 games at times to be full pelt, and you can see a parallel there with KPs hit and miss performances when not fully fit last year and how he’s played this year with a run of games

Maybe as he joined us late he feels he needs a couple more for sharpness...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

My thoughts exactly. Maybe just 1st half? 

Thats what I thought on seeing his name.

Strong(ish) team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

What's the situation with parking?

I thought you and your many mates were meeting up at the Grain Barge today Rog? :dunno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BenSainsbury99 said:

Proud of my brother for playing for the 23's today, not often he gets many opportunities so hope he takes it!

Won't be surprised if majority at the game say "Oh he looks a bit small" 😂

So you should be, hope he has a good game!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I didn’t say we’d spend all day there. I’m too old to do all dayers now!

Very sensible but I thought you were going to really boost their coffers?

Even halves all round should help though with the sheer size of your gang! ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BenSainsbury99 said:

Proud of my brother for playing for the 23's today, not often he gets many opportunities so hope he takes it!

Won't be surprised if majority at the game say "Oh he looks a bit small" 😂

Good luck to him! COYRs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Judda said:

Aaron Sainsbury's tiny for a keeper. Looks decent so far but hope he has a growth spurt!

17, playing for U23's says it all really. 

I am sure the medical team will have sussed out how much more "growing room" he has, they seem to know these things with more accuracy these days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

17, playing for U23's says it all really. 

I am sure the medical team will have sussed out how much more "growing room" he has, they seem to know these things with more accuracy these days.

Just made a second save. Both fairly routine but doing ok so far...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

17, playing for U23's says it all really. 

I am sure the medical team will have sussed out how much more "growing room" he has, they seem to know these things with more accuracy these days.

Brother turnt 18 a month ago but still! He's almost 5'10 hopefully can make it to 6ft at least. Distribution and shot stopping is his strong point, height does let him down though!

Edited by BenSainsbury99
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BenSainsbury99 said:

Proud of my brother for playing for the 23's today, not often he gets many opportunities so hope he takes it!

Won't be surprised if majority at the game say "Oh he looks a bit small" 😂

It took precisely 15 minutes :laugh:

12 minutes ago, Judda said:

Aaron Sainsbury's tiny for a keeper. Looks decent so far but hope he has a growth spurt!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

It took precisely 15 minutes :laugh:

 

Bloke next to me has said it three times! 

Lino in front the lansdown looks like Albert Steptoe and is probably the same age!

Scrappy game to be fair.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McGregor and the post are reporting that Palmer is playing as LJ wants to see how he links with Szmodics. Apparently Szmodics is playing as a false 9 with KP in behind him.

Can those in attendance confirm or comment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is correct. 

KP often in the hole behind Szmodics. Not linked up much at all.

Game needs an injection of tempo, it’s being played at a walking pace.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BenSainsbury99 said:

Brother turnt 18 a month ago but still! He's almost 5'10 hopefully can make it to 6ft at least. Distribution and shot stopping is his strong point, height does let him down though!

Couldn’t he put ‘ personality lifts ‘ in his boots ? 

Or perhaps platform studs ?

Edited by Major Isewater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BenSainsbury99 said:

Brother turnt 18 a month ago but still! He's almost 5'10 hopefully can make it to 6ft at least. Distribution and shot stopping is his strong point, height does let him down though!

Clean sheet so far. Good luck to him.  6' would help his long term career though 🤞👍⚽😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Judda said:

Clean sheet so far. Good luck to him.  6' would help his long term career though 🤞👍⚽😉

It's the only thing holding him back from big things unfortunately! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far 0-0 at ht. Bit dull. Everyone playing ok. Except for Adelukan looks especially not interested. Taking too many touches instead of a quick ball to put us in on goal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BenSainsbury99 said:

It's the only thing holding him back from big things unfortunately! 

Obviously the club rate him as he's playing today... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Judda said:

Semenyo, Rees and Edward Taylor all on at half-time subs...

Williams Palmer and szmodics off... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are and have been superb short keepers. Neville Southall (my hero as a boy) immediately springs to mind. Admittedly, not as short as this young man, but hopefully he grows a bit further. Must have something about him to be playing this level, so good luck to him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realised that David Stockdale is in goal for the bluenoses. Josh McEacheran playing too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

McGregor and the post are reporting that Palmer is playing as LJ wants to see how he links with Szmodics. Apparently Szmodics is playing as a false 9 with KP in behind him.

Can those in attendance confirm or comment?

I’m fascinated by the concept of false number 9s, but why don’t clubs take it a stage further - i. e. have false number 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. It would definitely confuse the opposition 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WesM said:

Just realised that David Stockdale is in goal for the bluenoses. Josh McEacheran playing too.

Josh mcE subbed off  now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m fascinated by the concept of false number 9s, but why don’t clubs take it a stage further - i. e. have false number 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. It would definitely confuse the opposition 

False goalies.

You think you've chipped the keeper, but suddenly the lad you thought was centre-forward catches the ball. Turns out he was the goalie all along.

Cunning.... :cool2:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to report that once again, Adelakun has been awful. Constantly gives it away and runs down blind alleys. Doesn’t appear to have a footballing brain at this level, nevermind higher. Yeah he’s got tricks and a step over or two in his locker, but much else I’m afraid.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m fascinated by the concept of false number 9s, but why don’t clubs take it a stage further - i. e. have false number 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. It would definitely confuse the opposition 

Nicky Hunt was a false number 2

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

False goalies.

You think you've chipped the keeper, but suddenly the lad you thought was centre-forward catches the ball. Turns out he was the goalie all along.

Cunning.... :cool2:

Just play rush backs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...