IGNORED

Morrell.

Tipps69

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

And yet he’s not good enough for our first team squad?  I find that baffling,,.

I don’t, and I don’t consider that it should be a stick to beat the management with. 

Joe has played virtually all his career (when he has played league football) prior to this season at league two. What would be baffling would be if, as opposed to giving him the chance to prove himself for a season at league one - which is what’s got him in the Wales squad - we kept him here to either a) get no game time or b) picked him, with that experience ahead of Nagy, Brownhill, Rowe, Massengo or KP

Fact remains in respect of Joe we’re all delighted as to his progress. But not one of us would have him currently in our team ahead of the current CMs and it’s far more beneficial to all for him to be doing what he’s doing.

On a side note - we also should doff our caps to Gary Johnson here, who took Joe to Cheltenham after much badgering from Lee when nobody wanted to take him on loan initially

40 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don’t, and I don’t consider that it should be a stick to beat the management with. 

Joe has played virtually all his career (when he has played league football) prior to this season at league two. What would be baffling would be if, as opposed to giving him the chance to prove himself for a season at league one - which is what’s got him in the Wales squad - we kept him here to either a) get no game time or b) picked him, with that experience ahead of Nagy, Brownhill, Rowe, Massengo or KP

Fact remains in respect of Joe we’re all delighted as to his progress. But not one of us would have him currently in our team ahead of the current CMs and it’s far more beneficial to all for him to be doing what he’s doing.

On a side note - we also should doff our caps to Gary Johnson here, who took Joe to Cheltenham after much badgering from Lee when nobody wanted to take him on loan initially

He has the energetic give and go game that could see him cover Nagy and Massengo next season. 

For a lad making his debut he’s done ever so well tonight. 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I concur...so much more to Club football over a season than playing for an International minnow..would we be thinking the same if it were for Malta or Jamaica?

Just because Bailey Wright plays against Harry Kane Internationally, it doesn't put them in the same league domestically.

Good point well made.

Sounds really encouraging. Thought he looked good in the first 45 that I watched.

From the Guardian "Morrell and Allen took control of midfield while Williams, playing as a No 10 and making his first start for his country since the opening game of Euro 2016, showed some nice touches."

Mirror "Morrell broke up the visitors' play, released the impressive Jonny Williams who surged forwards and fed James 25 yards out."

Telegraph "Bale replaced James five minutes after the restart and Wilson struck the upright moments later after working a short-corner routine with Morrell."

Fair play to the lad. If he continues to progress he could be recalled by LJ in Jan. Or spend the entire season at Lincoln and aiming for a promotion and fight for the first team next season.

Either way it's great for us and just shows how well we are developing these young players. Lansdown must be loving it over the last couple of seasons seeing his vision for the club come to fruition.

5 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Fair play to the lad. If he continues to progress he could be recalled by LJ in Jan. Or spend the entire season at Lincoln and aiming for a promotion and fight for the first team next season.

Can't get promoted from the Premier League.

Let's imagine we don't go up and we sell 2 midfielders, maybe Brownhill and Massengo for huge money. We might already have their replacements in Morrell and Walsh. 

Great to read so many positive comments on Morrell's performance.

• Admin
14 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Without ANY disrespect to Joe M, you are talking about getting into the Welsh national side, their squad is poor at the moment.

You are not talking about him getting into a top European side.

It's all about the lads progression, first time I have seen him play and I was impressed with his energy.

Keep going the same way and he won't be far off a first team place in the next season or two.

The problem is the better we get the harder it is for the upcoming players to get into our side

17 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’m pretty sure that even our reserves would give the Welsh national team a good game.

He may be ‘ good enough ‘ but the players in his position are just better . 

Joe is coming along nicely by all accounts and he will either break through here or move onto another club where he will surely have a decent career.

Anyway congratulations Joe and well played .

12 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Let's imagine we don't go up and we sell 2 midfielders, maybe Brownhill and Massengo for huge money. We might already have their replacements in Morrell and Walsh. 

Great to read so many positive comments on Morrell's performance.

This is one possible future. Right now if I were a gambling man I would suspect a recall in Jan and either cover here if we have injuries or a loan to Huddersfield! 

21 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

International football can vary massively in quality - anywhere from UEFA cup quarter finals to Southern league. Wales v Belarus is probably lower than league 1 standard. 

12 hours ago, REDOXO said:

This is one possible future. Right now if I were a gambling man I would suspect a recall in Jan and either cover here if we have injuries or a loan to Huddersfield! 

I dunno. Maybe just keep him at Lincoln so he's guaranteed a season of regular starts. Desperately needs games.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I dunno. Maybe just keep him at Lincoln so he's guaranteed a season of regular starts. Desperately needs games.

100% he’s 22 turning 23, not a Young up and coming youth player anymore. Would be silly to recall him when he’s finally been given the chance to make a name for himself. 

Unfortunately don’t see a future at AG for him due to the talent we currently have, but the more he plays well the more the asking price increases 

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

100% he’s 22 turning 23, not a Young up and coming youth player anymore. Would be silly to recall him when he’s finally been given the chance to make a name for himself. 

Unfortunately don’t see a future at AG for him due to the talent we currently have, but the more he plays well the more the asking price increases 

Haven't even thought about how much we'd get for him. At this rate probably in the millions. But I can't see us keeping Massengo, Brownhill or Nagy for much longer than this season, maybe end of next Max.

Archived