IGNORED

Eni Aluko

James54De

4 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Holloway is on Twitter? The wonders of autocorrect / spellcheck must enable him to put a sentence together.....

Holloway has been on Twitter a few days, I don’t follow him.

Eniola Aluko said the following about him “He's had his mad moments, but this is brilliant positive motivational coaching psychology! ??????

Thats why I left her account!

• Admin
7 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

She didn't have a meltdown at all. A bunch of tragic (and definitely not racist) idiotic Millwall fans decided to spam her book reviews with a bunch of 0/1 star ratings.

Not sure I would agree with that, she got involved in a twitter rows that she didn't need to

She then pulled the racist card (agree I never read anything that was) from then it just got more and more cringey to read

4 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Well it's impossible to say, but I'd argue that a bunch of stupid Millwall fans particularly picking Eni Aluko and nobody else to target with bad reviews almost certainly has a racial element behind it. But who knows.

I think a problem is one of the reviews she highlighted had written purely along the lines of that they didn't enjoy it and had left a 1 star review, however she picked it out as a supposed Millwall fan and threatened legal action, then went on to call Millwall fans scum, as a solicitor perhaps not the wisest move and could open herself up to action, the person who wrote it not being a Millwall fan/objects to being called scum 

15 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Or maybe it seeks certain people.... for certain reasons.

You could make the exact same case for Raheem Sterling.

Perhaps it’s me but a sustained media campaign based on ignorance and a few people saying they don’t like a book are not the exact same thing. In my view Sterling has behaved impeccably........

In terms of the previous situation with Sampson it was interesting to see how divided opinion was and that divide was not colour or race based. David James was not a great “fan” if I recall correctly. What “certain reasons” did he have for speaking out?

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Perhaps it’s me but a sustained media campaign based on ignorance and a few people saying they don’t like a book are not the exact same thing. In my view Sterling has behaved impeccably........

That's exactly my point! If he's behaved impeccably, then why did controversy always follow him?

2 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

That's exactly my point! If he's behaved impeccably, then why did controversy always follow him?

He had a reputation based upon ignorance and let’s cut the crap it may have been racially motivated from certain sections of the media but the way he dealt with that and the support he received in the game ensured that this was relatively short lived (any time being too long clearly).

Raheem Sterling, without knowing the guy, comes across as a credit to himself. Other people..............just don’t to be honest.

Just now, Numero Uno said:

He had a reputation based upon ignorance and let’s cut the crap it may have been racially motivated from certain sections of the media but the way he dealt with that and the support he received in the game ensured that this was relatively short lived (any time being too long clearly).

Raheem Sterling, without knowing the guy, comes across as a credit to himself. Other people..............just don’t to be honest.

So by that, you mean Aluko?

Fair enough. As I said above, it's impossible to directly pin it on racism, but a successful female black footballer, over 100 caps for England and legally trained... it's a perfect target for certain sections of the gutter press. As was Sterling.

As it happens I agree with you about Sterling by the way. I used him as an example as to why controversy can seek certain people, rather than follow.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

I'm really interested to see what happened on twitter. Shame she has protected her tweets

Started threatening legal action to millwall fans because of a few 1 star reviews on her book. 23 to be exact. Then called all millwall fans scum, said she’d get them banned from the ground and called it a cesspit. 

Also called many fans racist, however I personally saw no racist tweets whatsoever. 

28 minutes ago, James54De said:

Started threatening legal action to millwall fans because of a few 1 star reviews on her book. 23 to be exact. Then called all millwall fans scum, said she’d get them banned from the ground and called it a cesspit. 

Also called many fans racist, however I personally saw no racist tweets whatsoever. 

Why doesn't that surprise me?

Archived