IGNORED

Cats or dogs?

Red-Robbo

Cats or dogs?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dog, personally dislike cats. No loyalty, do what they want, go where they want, and the one that lives 2 doors down likes to sit on the fence or shed and torment our dog (well not so much after it got wet one time ?).

Anyway, here's Belle - Dachshund with a small bit of Jack Russell (mum was 1/4 Jack). She's 2 in November, and can be a gobby cow when she wants, but is so loving and loyal.

20190805_163335.jpg

3 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

Dogs - I have no real issue with cats other than the fact I seem to be allergic to them.   Used to have a Boxer until a few years ago, yet to successfully persuade the missus we should get another one 

I have a boxer Ronnie.They are awesome dogs.He gets so much fuss wherever we go and loves it!Hope you get another soon mate.Keep working on it.

Neither.

Complete lack of freedom owning animals. Can't just go away for a weekend spontaneously, can't just go out directly after work, insurance, pet food, walks, unnecessary animal noises when you're watching TV, animals craving attention when you're busy.

Rather just be left alone.

27 minutes ago, TBW said:

Neither.

Complete lack of freedom owning animals. Can't just go away for a weekend spontaneously, can't just go out directly after work, insurance, pet food, walks, unnecessary animal noises when you're watching TV, animals craving attention when you're busy.

Rather just be left alone.

I totally agree mate.Still dont know how I ended up with one!

So there we have it.Cats would appear to be the Bristol Rovers of the pet world  with a rather poor showing of support ,although their owners were probably to busy at rained off balloon festivals,waiting for cricket matches to start,headbutting minibuses or being locked out of their phones to register their vote.

15 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

My view is that dogs are more loving and faithful (though cats can be very affectionate too), but the flipside is they are more needy and high-maintenance.

I love my springer - although she did eat my chequebook last week.  ?

Chequebook?  Are you enjoying living in 1999?

2 hours ago, Gakoe said:

Dogs for me. The bond between dog and owner is something very special. I lost my 13 year old black Lab at the end of last year. It broke my heart. I still have a 14 year old Patterdale going strong though. 

Our 12 year old dog was put down 2.5 years ago. Was 3 hours between taking her to the vet for being off her food for a few days and her going to sleep. We were devastated. Didn't help I had to go straight from the vet's to the airport to get a flight to UK. Cried for pretty much the whole journey. 

FB_IMG_1568185173895.thumb.jpg.56f28390a7a7c85ee1e1a647bc283ecc.jpg

I love all animals each species goes to make up the rich tapestry of nature which is why it is so worrying that human beings are driving hundreds of them into extinction every year .

Dogs and cats give us different forms of reward in ownership , equally I was surprised that Rodney, a guinea pig that I looked after whilst the owner went on holiday , soon showed intelligence and desire to ‘ communicate ‘ with me . ( although his constant use of text language was a pain. :laugh: ) 

14 hours ago, Taz said:

Dog, personally dislike cats. No loyalty, do what they want, go where they want, and the one that lives 2 doors down likes to sit on the fence or shed and torment our dog (well not so much after it got wet one time ?).

Anyway, here's Belle - Dachshund with a small bit of Jack Russell (mum was 1/4 Jack). She's 2 in November, and can be a gobby cow when she wants, but is so loving and loyal.

20190805_163335.jpg

Ours is also Dachshund/Jack Russell but she’s got a much longer coat. She’s about 15 now! Still as playful as ever even if she’s slowed down quite a bit! Not looking forward to the inevitable. 

CB8072AC-D844-4673-A7E4-6413F26E8501.jpeg

Has she got the side to her that barks at a leaf, ignores the small dogs and barks at the big ones as well? So many we see whilst out and about and most of the owners say exactly the same things!!

We've joined up with a group through Facebook, and meet up on the first Sunday of every month near us (Hoddesdon), and it's great seeing them all running around with each other. They act completely different around "their own" than other breeds.

Like I said she can be infuriating at times with her barking and stubborness, but we couldn't be without her!

Cats for me, having had both.

Dogs you have more of a bond with, but they’re harder work. Cats are easier, bugger off for ages and take care of themselves, but at the same time give you more stress because they bugger off. 

Here’s my two, Lola the tabby and Bruce the black and white one. Both lunatics in their own ways. 

67BACAFC-3C28-482C-A366-98D967C60AD1.jpeg

01842FFC-ED59-4B8F-9451-036047FC98C4.jpeg

Archived