IGNORED

Cats or dogs?

Red-Robbo

Cats or dogs?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/09/2019 at 19:37, Frenchay Red said:

Cats?

No thanks, much rather have the never ending love, loyalty and fantastic company of my beautiful girl ?

IMG-20180423-WA0002.jpg

That's one happy dog, @Frenchay Red .  Beautiful.

There was an interesting story on the BBC recently about research showing that people liked dogs because of their expressive faces, and this was because of a genetic mutation which allowed them to move their brows like humans do. Wolves etc do not have features that vary so much. Nor do cats and other felines.

That said, our big tom does give the biggest grin when you tickle his chin, but if you buy him cheap, crappy cat food he has a look that could kill!  :laughcont:

On a more specific point, it looks like dogs' commanding early lead is slowly getting whittled down, but it's still impressive.

All to play for. Get voting Otibers!

20 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

That's one happy dog, @Frenchay Red .  Beautiful.

There was an interesting story on the BBC recently about research showing that people liked dogs because of their expressive faces, and this was because of a genetic mutation which allowed them to move their brows like humans do. Wolves etc do not have features that vary so much. Nor do cats and other felines.

That said, our big tom does give the biggest grin when you tickle his chin, but if you buy him cheap, crappy cat food he has a look that could kill!  :laughcont:

On a more specific point, it looks like dogs' commanding early lead is slowly getting whittled down, but it's still impressive.

All to play for. Get voting Otibers!

Cat ‘ owners ‘ are perhaps more non-conformist  ?

23 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Prefer dogs, but own a cat. Used to have a dog and absolutely loved it, but it just took up too much of my time and made things like holidays etc difficult. 

They are a tie. On short breaks, we leave the hound with her dog-sitters, but the cats stay in the house and get fed by the kids from next door. 

Dog holiday costs are £14 a day whereas both cats cost us £10 a week.  

Cats and dogs equally. 

Had a Springer and choccy lab when I was married, but they stayed with the ex. I inherited our cat (who got on fantastically with dogs), and I worshipped the little duchess, until her death, about a month ago.

Thought that I'd give it a while before having another, but after a fortnight , ended up adopting a lovely big tom called Rhodri (he originally hails from Merthyr)!

He has about 40 shotgun pellets in him, and a plate in his back leg. Despite humankind dealing him a shit hand, he is a gentle and loving little soul (well, actually "nuggety", like a pit pony).

Definitely would like a dog when I retire, though!

On 13/09/2019 at 12:17, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Cats and dogs equally. 

Had a Springer and choccy lab when I was married, but they stayed with the ex. I inherited our cat (who got on fantastically with dogs), and I worshipped the little duchess, until her death, about a month ago.

Thought that I'd give it a while before having another, but after a fortnight , ended up adopting a lovely big tom called Rhodri (he originally hails from Merthyr)!

He has about 40 shotgun pellets in him, and a plate in his back leg. Despite humankind dealing him a shit hand, he is a gentle and loving little soul (well, actually "nuggety", like a pit pony).

Definitely would like a dog when I retire, though!

Do you have any idea how and why?

I mean, was it an accident or, if not, who would possibly do such a thing?

45 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Do you have any idea how and why?

I mean, was it an accident or, if not, who would possibly do such a thing?

Not a clue. RSPCA picked him up, and after much surgery in Birmingham, he ended up at Stretton rehoming centre in BoT, from whence yours truly adopted him.

I saw the X-ray, and he has loads of pellets in him. I guess some  sadist thought that peppering him with a 12 gauge would be a wonderful wheeze...bastards.

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Not a clue. RSPCA picked him up, and after much surgery in Birmingham, he ended up at Stretton rehoming centre in BoT, from whence yours truly adopted him.

I saw the X-ray, and he has loads of pellets in him. I guess some  sadist thought that peppering him with a 12 gauge would be a wonderful wheeze...bastards.

Cats seem to be a frequent target for sickos.  Hopefully the culprit was caught, as people who can inflict cruelty on such defenceless animals are often the same who go on to attack people.

That is one other thing I like about cats. They are incredibly stoic. They just get on with things without whimpering or crying and it's often not obvious they've been injured or are in pain.

Dogs. They'll let you know.  :laughcont:

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Cats seem to be a frequent target for sickos.  Hopefully the culprit was caught, as people who can inflict cruelty on such defenceless animals are often the same who go on to attack people.

That is one other thing I like about cats. They are incredibly stoic. They just get on with things without whimpering or crying and it's often not obvious they've been injured or are in pain.

Dogs. They'll let you know.  :laughcont:

Considering how badly he`s been treated by humankind, Rhodri is a loving and gentle soul (greedy bugger, though!).

3 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

Some sick bastards about 

Dogs, well Golden Retrievers, are just the most adorable, loving, fun besties one could ever wish for..

..... on the other hand c*ts are ****ing ‘orride. Apart from one, a stray young tabby , who shacked up in my partner’s garage and that’s only ‘cause it thought it was a dog. 

Archived