IGNORED

Female Sports Presenters

Bristol Rob

On 10/09/2019 at 15:05, wood_red said:

I have no issue per se with women in Sport commentating or in the studio analysing, BUT it does seem to be now that they are being shoe horned into the role to make up some sort of number target. Gower has got the poke from the Cricket and I think a women is taking over from him as well, again I have no issue that a women is being on there but is she going to bring more to the table than table than Gower?

Sorry for the slightly off topic!!

What standard did Mourinho play at as I forget now........Brendan Rogers, Houllier, Hodgson??

I think the female pundits on Test Match Special on 5live are really good. 

22 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

In the interest of fairness, here is a picture or two to help you make up your mind.

48E3BA99-7ADB-49A3-A0DC-025AFCD9358A.png

EC921D9A-9FB7-4A23-AF05-10957CAD420B.png

She's not up to much without her makeup and her hair done.

As for Holloway, who told him he had the legs for a little black dress?

:) 

56 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Is she just leaving Rudolph’s room at the Avon Gorge ? 

No, because there'd be a queue waiting in the corridor if it was Rudolph's room.

1 hour ago, Riaz said:

No issue with women being involved. Pundits etc.

But i dont like listening to a woman commentator. A womans voice just does not sound right - i have to turn the volume down.

I've got my tin hat on :laugh:

I get this but - It's just what we are used to. The next generation will be used to it so it will be less of an issue to them.

To be honest 90% of pundits and commentators infuriate me. The England game last night for instance we had to listen to Hoddle express complete shock that Kosovo players could control a ball for 90 minutes. Whilst I understand a number of their team was made up of players plying their trade in second divisions across Europe.... Imagine a squad that has players employed by the likes of Manchester city, Lazio, Fenerbahce and Werder Bremen actually being able to pass a ball.

It's lazy and shows that the majority of former professional footballers don't offer any additional insight whatsoever.

20 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

I get this but - It's just what we are used to. The next generation will be used to it so it will be less of an issue to them.

To be honest 90% of pundits and commentators infuriate me. The England game last night for instance we had to listen to Hoddle express complete shock that Kosovo players could control a ball for 90 minutes. Whilst I understand a number of their team was made up of players plying their trade in second divisions across Europe.... Imagine a squad that has players employed by the likes of Manchester city, Lazio, Fenerbahce and Werder Bremen actually being able to pass a ball.

It's lazy and shows that the majority of former professional footballers don't offer any additional insight whatsoever.

Yes I think we would all like a job where we spouted the bl**din obvious for two hours.

8 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:
  • When the male goalkeeper coach "move on" he is gratefully thanked on the official site. When the women goalkeeper coach move on he/she is not even mentioned by the politically correct Bristol Sport.    

Just wondering?  What is the equivelant of " Obsessive Compulsive Disorder" in Svenska?

2 hours ago, Riaz said:

But i dont like listening to a woman commentator. A womans voice just does not sound right - i have to turn the volume down.

It depends on the voice. I can't stand Clive Tyldesley, I'm sure he's a lovely chap but his voice and the nonsense he spouts just really annoys me, the same with Andrew Castle on Wimbledon.

Female pundits do not have any right to be there thats fact. They havent played at an even close standard to even a league 2 player in mens football. If they allow female pundits then your local tom dick or harry should also be able to be a pundit on these shows, but it never happens because tim dick or harry hast played aginst arsenal in front of 60,000.

Its pathetic they put women on as pundits now, without any experience of mens top pro football.

for those who have never seen a womans pro game, its semi pro(weston super mare) level and thats your top top top teams

5 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Female pundits do not have any right to be there thats fact. They havent played at an even close standard to even a league 2 player in mens football. If they allow female pundits then your local tom dick or harry should also be able to be a pundit on these shows, but it never happens because tim dick or harry hast played aginst arsenal in front of 60,000.

Its pathetic they put women on as pundits now, without any experience of mens top pro football.

for those who have never seen a womans pro game, its semi pro(weston super mare) level and thats your top top top teams

I would imagine any Downs League team would put double figures past which every  women's team are currently ranked No 1 in the world but that really isn't the point...women generally are not good at sports broadcasting because firstly, they think they have a point to prove and secondly, they don't know when to shut up.

On 11/09/2019 at 15:33, Riaz said:

I kind of agree. I don't mind it, but it's the high pitch of the voice when a goal is scored... Or the attempt to try and lower the pitch of the voice when a goal is scored. It thoroughly annoys me

From the opposite direction.  in rugby commentary .. (I don't know the commentators name) but has a very low gravelly growly voice, it seems many rugby commentators are trying to copy it now... That annoys the hell out of me as well.

Maybe I should watch sport with the sound off!

That said never had a problem with women commentators in cricket, golf or tennis I just think it must be the excitement factor factor in Football when the voice goes all high pitched.  

In terms of commentating in general.  If you are clued up and commentate on the game instead of trying to make the commentating about you... That is enough. A lot of men commentators could do with thinking about that.

On 10/09/2019 at 17:46, wood_red said:

But it seems to me the Producers of many programmes seem to think they have to have a quota of women as that is what everyone wants (whereas I don't think that is true).

The games I saw of the women's world cup didn't seem to need a token man in the punditry team. 

17 hours ago, mozo said:

Forgetting gender for a moment, how many commentators are any good?!

All most all of them annoy me.

Back in the day, they used to be too posh. Now they're just too Alan Partridge. Why can't relatively normal people do the ruddy job?!

Watching the England games recently drove me crazy. Clive and Andy barely ever mentioned what was actually happening on the pitch, barely ever told you who had just passed the ball, who was running into space, or even who the players were. Instead they spent a lot of time discussing their own footballing philosophies and spouting opinions on what England should be doing differently. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was the job of the pundits in the studio?

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Watching the England games recently drove me crazy. Clive and Andy barely ever mentioned what was actually happening on the pitch, barely ever told you who had just passed the ball, who was running into space, or even who the players were. Instead they spent a lot of time discussing their own footballing philosophies and spouting opinions on what England should be doing differently. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that was the job of the pundits in the studio?

That’s probably why I would rather listen to radio commentary than that for the telly. Too much waffle on tv 

On 10/09/2019 at 14:35, Bristol Rob said:

They are on one at the moment.

Apparently 'female' pundits have no place in the modern game as they haven't played to the same standard, yet they are all quite happy to point out what Cockman is doing wrong tactically (they must all have played League One).

Alan Shearer was a top flight footballer and he's shit.

On 10/09/2019 at 17:46, wood_red said:

I don't think anyone would disagree with that tbh. Michelle is very good and knowledgeable so not many will have a problem with her whatsoever (apart from a few sags).

But it seems to me the Producers of many programmes seem to think they have to have a quota of women as that is what everyone wants (whereas I don't think that is true). Step forward Alex Scott - is it possible for her to be on anything else at all? As soon as I see her on I either mute it or turn over. It is just overkill - although her or Hollowhead/Keith Andrews and I would choose her!

I agree fully I have nothing against equality but people should get a job on how well they can do it.

I have Nothing personal against Alex Scott but I don't get on with her just I like couldnt stand andy Townsend or Michael owen.

Archived