IGNORED

Portsmouth fan turned away at England v Kosovo game

Never to the dark side

I think John Westwood is the Portsmouth follower who make sure he knows every one knows he is a Portsmouth fan.

He was turned away from St Marys for wearing his Pompey shirt.

I thought as England were hiring the stadium,it was England stadium for the game.

Saints have made a statement saying they are right,at the time posting the FA have not said anything.

So if go to an England game,  I am not allowed to wear a Bristol City shirt?

Loved to know how many turned up wearing other club colours.

FA do yourself a favour,supply free transport for the next home game as well as a match day ticket/s

13 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

I think John Westwood is the Portsmouth follower who make sure he knows every one knows he is a Portsmouth fan.

I thought as England were hiring the stadium,it was England stadium for the game.

Saints have made a statement saying they are right,at the time posting the FA have not said anything.

FA do yourself a favour,supply free transport for the next home game as well as a match day ticket/s

So if England played at Ashton Gate and a bloke was dressed up like a pirate wearing full blue and white quarters. Showing off he's a Bristol Rovers fan you wouldn't question it?

Never understood why fans wear club shirts to an England match. You are there to support England, not Portsmouth. 

9 minutes ago, Squeak said:

I read he was banned from St Mary’s for pissing all over the seats at a previous game. 

Definitely believable. Unsure if true. 

Southampton have pissed all over Pompey for years.

TBH I would not automatically believe this bloke's sob story.

The fact he's a skanky Skate also casts doubt on it.

30 minutes ago, Robson said:

So if England played at Ashton Gate and a bloke was dressed up like a pirate wearing full blue and white quarters. Showing off he's a Bristol Rovers fan you wouldn't question it?

Never understood why fans wear club shirts to an England match. You are there to support England, not Portsmouth. 

Indeed. Unnecessarily provocative and he put Southampton in a difficult position deliberately. 

Personally, I think Soton were right but whether within their rights I expect to get tested as someone will probably fund him to have a go. Should be borne in mind T&C's probably (expect certainly) reserve the right to refuse entry on reasonable grounds, and it was his behaviour that may have made Soton feel they were acting on reasonable grounds. Obviously people will have their own view on that. 

At the England U21 game at AG a few months ago I saw one bloke in the ground wearing a blue and white scarf. I assumed he was a fewer and it didn’t bother me at all.

In the infinitely unlikely event I ever watch an England international game at the I’d probably wear something City-related. 

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/fan-forbidden-from-watching-england-at-southampton-s-st-mary-s-for-wearing-a-portsmouth-shirt-1-9067206

6 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

If the comments are to be taken as truth and he has urinated on seats previously then just ban him from the Stadium, but Southampton are actually saying they stopped him entering due to his Portsmouth shirt.

But one comment says the following: " I have seen a lot of photos on facebook this morning of other pompey fans wearing thier pompey tops to this same game last night, some were even carrying pompey flags, and also many other different club shirts as well. This seems to have been a targeted incident against an individual that was only wearing what many others were wearing".

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot more to come from this if they have let other fans in wearing Pompey gear - some no win no fee lawyer will be all over it for some free publicity and some compo....

7 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I policed the England u21 game at Ashton gate and saw lots of different club shirts , everyone welcome ! Saw one rovers shirt and at least two Swindon shirts randomly . 

Fans very happy and certainly started up a few conversations with others ?

As it should be aswell. Don't have a problem with other fans watching an international game in their team colours. If they then start vandalising or being a complete nause, then it's a different issue, but I'd like to think most people can wear colours with pride, and get along with some friendly rival banter. 

There were numerous Police reports sent out to late night venues in the city saying intelligence was warning of expected disorder between Southampton supporters and visiting Portsmouth fans, so I'm guessing that was probably a factor in this decision as well.

Not sure if any trouble materialised in the end and I expect anyone looking for some will probably save it for the upcoming cup game.

5 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Notice that the police have suggested that the new substitution rule (to leave the pitch at the nearest point) is suspended for this game so that players don’t come off at the away end.

Haven’t actually seen this rule in action yet. Pretty sure every substitution has resulted in the player leaving at the dugouts at Ashton gate. 

4 hours ago, Robson said:

I've seen the odd Arsenal shirt, for example, in the home end at Bristol City games, and I have worn an England shirt to Ashton Gate.

You are there to watch football; it isn't school with a set uniform to attend.

I remember when we played Rangers in that pre season game, and I saw at least two people wearing Celtic shirts.

There can only be two reasons for that;

Provocation.

Way behind on your washing.

I get that people would rather whoever they dislike lose, but you don't need to nail your colours to the mast so obviously.

Obviously, it was quite different when Colin Daniels gave as 'that day' the away end was wall-to-wall City shirt (I know this because the Fewers have said, so it must be true).

But in general terms, if we had an international at the Gate and someone wore a Fewers shirt, it really wouldn't bother me. I would assume we were both England fans. Albeit with me as the clearly better person! ?

5 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I support great football and the greatest football is played between club teams with players independent of nationality.

A worldwide Champions League is the answer for the future & and the closing down of the spare time WC feeding corruption, trafficking and money laundring.     

The lower leagues don't have great football either. Do we close them down as well? 

3 hours ago, JulieH said:

I policed the England u21 game at Ashton gate and saw lots of different club shirts , everyone welcome ! Saw one rovers shirt and at least two Swindon shirts randomly . 

Fans very happy and certainly started up a few conversations with others ?

If it was a senior game at AG no chance would this be the case unfortunately. U21s game was mainly families.

If there was an England game at The Mem (:laugh:) and I wore a City shirt I’d expect to come out missing teeth, and vice verse.

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I've seen the odd Arsenal shirt, for example, in the home end at Bristol City games, and I have worn an England shirt to Ashton Gate.

You are there to watch football; it isn't school with a set uniform to attend.

I’ve often sported a Arsenal shirt at city ground as are my second team but I agree with Southampton policy on the Pompey geezer as this can only be a act of provocation and had he got in ground I’m sure as a known celebrity at Pompey this would definitely been a problem 

Maybe England should play their games at Wembley - amazed nobodies thought of that before!  ;) 

Ban 'club' shirts, ...and, here's a good idea, how about allowing passionate club and England supporting fans to display St George flags with club names/logo's of their choice emblazoned on them instead.. ?   Why not??

Blimey, have I gotta think about everything around here or what?  ?

6 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

There would have been 100s of portsmouth fans there.

Mr westwood isnt very good at keeping a low profile with his facial tats id wager.

Don't think he has any face tattoos, certainly doesn't have any visible ones in the photo of what he actually wore to the game. Just some ropey transfers that he puts on for Pompey games I expect.

31 minutes ago, wood_red said:

Don't think he has any face tattoos, certainly doesn't have any visible ones in the photo of what he actually wore to the game. Just some ropey transfers that he puts on for Pompey games I expect.

14 minutes ago, westred1 said:

Club shirts at internationals - shouldn’t be anything wrong with it

Any club shirt other than City in the home end for a City game - plain wrong

A; He's banned from St. Marys for urinating in public

B; The long black leather coat he was wearing to cover up his Pompey shirt also had a Pompey badge on it

C; The bloke's a ****!

Archived