IGNORED

Portsmouth fan turned away at England v Kosovo game

Never to the dark side

2 minutes ago, myol'man said:

A; He's banned from St. Marys for urinating in public

B; The long black leather coat he was wearing to cover up his Pompey shirt also had a Pompey badge on it

C; The bloke's a ****!

Surely if that is the case then the Southampton statement would say so, and making him look like a right muppet in the process for bringing the situation to the media? All they have said is it was because he was wearing Portsmouth shirt/badge etc - A Southampton FC statement said: ‘The police and safety plan around the game stipulated that any fan in this scenario would not be admitted for safety and security reasons.

17 minutes ago, myol'man said:

B; The long black leather coat he was wearing to cover up his Pompey shirt also had a Pompey badge on it

C; The bloke's a ****!

I don’t disagree that he’s a belter! And if he is banned from the stadium for urinating on the seats then glad they got rid of the horrible bastard.

My point about shirts was a general one. He’s an obvious exception

19 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I think John Westwood is the Portsmouth follower who make sure he knows every one knows he is a Portsmouth fan.

He was turned away from St Marys for wearing his Pompey shirt.

I thought as England were hiring the stadium,it was England stadium for the game.

Saints have made a statement saying they are right,at the time posting the FA have not said anything.

So if go to an England game,  I am not allowed to wear a Bristol City shirt?

Loved to know how many turned up wearing other club colours.

FA do yourself a favour,supply free transport for the next home game as well as a match day ticket/s

Publicity seeking ****.

Most Pompey I know consider him a bigger bell than the one he insists on ringing all game.

15 hours ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Notice that the police have suggested that the new substitution rule (to leave the pitch at the nearest point) is suspended for this game so that players don’t come off at the away end.

That is the general rule anyway. 

Referees have been told to be aware of this in all games. 

4 hours ago, wood_red said:

Surely if that is the case then the Southampton statement would say so, and making him look like a right muppet in the process for bringing the situation to the media? All they have said is it was because he was wearing Portsmouth shirt/badge etc - A Southampton FC statement said: ‘The police and safety plan around the game stipulated that any fan in this scenario would not be admitted for safety and security reasons.

It's on his own Wiki page;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Portsmouth_Football_Club_Westwood

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

I am not disputing it happened, what I don't see is why Southampton haven't banned him for life if that is/was the case and that would have been it. But they refused him entry due to his shirt (and badge), and it seems there were many Portsmouth fans wearing the same shirt in the crowd.

Regardless of anyones personal view of the bloke it seems they have just gone for him on his own - totally disregarding their own statement.

6 hours ago, myol'man said:

C; The bloke's a ****!

spot on. If a gashead turned up to AG wearing some idiotic Rovers ensemble and a prior record for pissing on our stadium I would thoroughly expect much worse to happen to him than being politely turned away from the ground. Credit to Southampton for exercising such decorum and restraint!! 

29 minutes ago, wood_red said:

I am not disputing it happened, what I don't see is why Southampton haven't banned him for life if that is/was the case and that would have been it. But they refused him entry due to his shirt (and badge), and it seems there were many Portsmouth fans wearing the same shirt in the crowd.

Regardless of anyones personal view of the bloke it seems they have just gone for him on his own - totally disregarding their own statement.

as I read it, the SFC statement says he was acting the big un outside the ground, and shouting and swearing at Saints fans. That being the case...what did he expect? He was also given "suitable words of advice" from SFC apparently before he ever traveled. If he chose to ignore everyone and revel in his own dick headedness, he'd need to accept the consequences. Frankly this sort of behaviour from a bloke lurching towards 60 years is ludicrous

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

as I read it, the SFC statement says he was acting the big un outside the ground, and shouting and swearing at Saints fans. That being the case...what did he expect? He was also given "suitable words of advice" from SFC apparently before he ever traveled. If he chose to ignore everyone and revel in his own dick headedness, he'd need to accept the consequences. Frankly this sort of behaviour from a bloke lurching towards 60 years is ludicrous

The only statement I have read which is from Southampton is above, unsure how that translates into he was shouting and swearing at Saints fans (no doubt they were shouting at him but that is ok because he's a bit of a knob)? I have no issue with him being turned away, but if it was for being banned for urinating on the seats then fair enough, if it was for shouting and swearing at Saints fans then fair enough - BUT surely if it was for any of that, the people who would have said so (and made a massive point of doing so) would be Southampton in their statement to knock it all on the head??

4 hours ago, phantom said:

For anyone unsure who is being discussed 

FB_IMG_1568285048707.jpg

b5.jpg

and for balance this is what he looks like in the day in his bookshop. He used to live over the back of ours and is actually a really nice bloke. He attracts a fair amount because of his 'get-up' but to coin a phrase we shouldn't judge all books by their cover?

On 12/09/2019 at 13:03, bakes said:

I was at the game and saw a young lad walking to the ground with his girlfriend wearing a Pompey scarf wtf.

There was a hell of a lot of Kosovo fans in the home end, hope they are as tolerant as us in the return game!

I was at the game as well.

first club shirt I saw was a gas shirt, dad and son together by the look of it. Didn’t see any City shirts, some Liverpool and Man Utd.

as you say lots of Kosovo fans in all areas of the ground, many sporting Albania scarves. Had a chat outside the ground to a couple, spoke perfect English, they had driven from Germany where they lived.

Apparently not many from Kosovo itself because of visa problems (don’t know if that was true).

Also saw three different people bringing pints into the stand and drinking them.

only saw one drunk, and yes he sat right next to me, later moving after his mates moved away from him, no problem, just pissed as a fart.

Great game for the fans, awful game for the coach. We have no chance of progressing in the finals defending as we did.

Don't see the shirts are relevant. Any club is free to prevent anyone entering their ground if they feel they present any threat to safety or security, not that they have to give a reason. As for John Westwood, if he was refused entry due to wearing a Pompey shirt, is the first time he was seen wearing one. All I've ever seen him wear are his tattoos, a gillet and a blue and white 'dicky mint' hat. 

On 12/09/2019 at 16:33, hantsred said:

b5.jpg

and for balance this is what he looks like in the day in his bookshop. He used to live over the back of ours and is actually a really nice bloke. He attracts a fair amount because of his 'get-up' but to coin a phrase we shouldn't judge all books by their cover?

After being aware of him for the last 30 odd years of following City, I had no idea! I suddenly really like him. Thanks for sharing 

Due to working in Japan at the time, I bagged top corporate tickets for England Argentina in 2002 at Sapporo Dome. When we took our seats,in a very neutral zone of the ground,, I was amazed to see that we were sat next to 2 Gash lads. After a brief introduction, we then proceeded to ignore each other all game, even being the only 4 people losing the plot when Becks scored and when final whistle went. Had a lovely clear conscience when I finally went to sleep that night. 

On 12/09/2019 at 08:26, westred1 said:

Club shirts at internationals - shouldn’t be anything wrong with it

Any club shirt other than City in the home end for a City game - plain wrong

Agree with you on the no other clubs shirts other than City etc but have absolutely no idea why any full grown adult would chose to wear their clubs shirt to an England international!?! Especially this oddball of a Pompey fan going to St Mary’s of all places in Pompey colours, he’s just asking for trouble and imo Southampton were well within their rights to deny him entry by putting them in a difficult position, and going from what I’ve seen of this supporter he’s not exactly the quietest of fans even without that ridiculous cowbell, so done the correct thing to ensure his and the supporters who’d of been around him safety.

8 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Agree with you on the no other clubs shirts other than City etc but have absolutely no idea why any full grown adult would chose to wear their clubs shirt to an England international!?! Especially this oddball of a Pompey fan going to St Mary’s of all places in Pompey colours, he’s just asking for trouble and imo Southampton were well within their rights to deny him entry by putting them in a difficult position, and going from what I’ve seen of this supporter he’s not exactly the quietest of fans even without that ridiculous cowbell, so done the correct thing to ensure his and the supporters who’d of been around him safety.

I think it was his previous behaviour at St Mary’s that led to him being banned

Archived