IGNORED

20 most important signing of last decade

foghornred

2 hours ago, Andre_The_Giant said:

Jay Emmanuel Thomas would be right up there for me. The most exciting player I’ve seen at AG in the last 10 years and was instrumental in keeping our head above water in the O’Driscoll era.

I’d put Agard or Matt Smith ahead of JET in this list as they made a greater contribution to our promotion season.

10 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

I’d put Agard or Matt Smith ahead of JET in this list as they made a greater contribution to our promotion season.

Out of those 3 players we 100% needed JET the most at that time because of the situation we were in, otherwise we could've slipped into league 2. JET had a much harder job to do too when surrounded by a majority of melons in that squad 

Not saying Agard and MS weren't very important! 

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 19:26, RedDave said:

One could argue that Tomlin’s is one of the most important as it confirmed 100% to the club that we couldn’t sign any more lazy players 

And Engvall confirmed that we needed to do a lot more due diligence when we signed young foreign players which we seem to be doing now.

Kalas (and Webster , not sure how much he cost?) We've spent big money on strikers before but I can't remember us spending out on the most important part of the team before. The biggest/ most successful Clubs start at the back.

Weimann - we've had a fair few players who would run through brick walls for City but how many like him have had the skills and footballing brain to go with this level of dedication. Most be totally inspiring for the squad, especially the younger players to have Andi. 

(As an aside I loved JET. The most naturally talented attacker I've seen playing for City, all credit to SOD for getting the best out of him)

23 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Weimann - we've had a fair few players who would run through brick walls for City but how many like him have had the skills and footballing brain to go with this level of dedication. Most be totally inspiring for the squad, especially the younger players to have Andi. 

Would be a very worthy addition to the top20. Another signing that made a bit of a statement at the time. 

Archived