IGNORED

saturday's ref not a lucky omen

Never to the dark side

24 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Anyone but Keith 'the ****' Stroud is good for me

No, Keith Stroud is a better ref than Eltringham. I know that might be hard to believe, but Eltringham is awful. Stroud is a mini-Hitler. Eltringham just cannot get any decisions right. 

6 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

I personally find the standard of refereeing really poor in general in the championship. The names already mentioned plus Scott Duncan and one I really don’t like Gavin Ward IMO we will be getting a poor referee regularly. As for the linesman . Well 

....and Gavin Ward is worse than Geoff Eltringham.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No, Keith Stroud is a better ref than Eltringham. I know that might be hard to believe, but Eltringham is awful. Stroud is a mini-Hitler. Eltringham just cannot get any decisions right. 

That's kind fevs, Stroud is a Megahitler. Would not be surprised if he was Franco in a past life.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

That's kind fevs, Stroud is a Megahitler. Would not be surprised if he was Franco in a past life.

He’s about the right height (or lack of!)

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Trevor Kettle anyone?

Did you really have to mention Mr Pot Black?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

....and Gavin Ward is worse than Geoff Eltringham.

They are both awful.

8 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

As for the linesman . Well 

At this level, the “assistant referees” are pretty useless. Rarely get offsides right, and don’t see any foul play, even if it’s only 5 yards in front of them. 

I appreciate that officiating can be a thankless task at the best of times, but some of the performances that we see in the Championship really don’t help either players or fans to show them much respect.

• Admin
On 12/09/2019 at 06:26, Never to the dark side said:

Geoff Eltringham from County Durham reffed two homes last season.

A loss to both preston and Birmingham.

Issues an average of approx three yellow cards per game

Just read that he was the referee the night we beat Stoke 2-0 in the league cup a few seasons back

Same again would be nice !

Good reffing today. Didn't bottle that ridiculous JA tackle decision (red all day) and didn't let the crowd get to him at all.

The only slight thing maybe was booking our player for kicking the ball away but letting their players do the same thing all first half.

Well done, referee today

And now today the away team won with him in charge. ?

In the 60's & 70's we used to have Mr Toseland from Kettering. Whether home or away he continually gave 50/50 decisions and some 60/40 decisions against not just City, but Rovers also when he reffed them.

Saturday's ref lives life with insults, mate. Drinks lots of beer and waits for half-time ree-sults. La la la la la la la la.....

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Good reffing today. Didn't bottle that ridiculous JA tackle decision (red all day) and didn't let the crowd get to him at all.

The only slight thing maybe was booking our player for kicking the ball away but letting their players do the same thing all first half.

Well done, referee today

Most importantly he didn't fall for Stoke's attempts to level it up 10 v 10, with the crowd yelling for a red card every challenge. Notably Ince after Bentley beat him in the air, flat out holding his head.

Archived