IGNORED

Appropriate Age To Add Youth Players

TBW

6 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

More the fact that he is bottom of our team sheet.

You don’t actually believe that I think he would get beaten in a 1v1 by a 4 year old do you? 

Going by some of your previous posts and how quick you have been to get negative in the past I wouldn't have put such a thought past you.

45 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

He clearly stood out from other 4 year olds and had a natural talent of which arsenal have nurtured, helping to create the player he is today , some kids are naturally keen to learn 

I’d probably disagree with the bold part here. A lot of clubs rack as many players as they can at young ages - impossible to say at 4/5/6/7 if a kid is good enough. They end up taking those who are 6/10 as opposed to 10/10, and far more of them, on the hope that one or two of them may make it.

Summary - it’s likely he was good at 4, but unlikely he was a real standout. Just placed in the machine with many others and it probably became clear at 8/9 that he was a player.

Agree with all else you say

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d probably disagree with the bold part here. A lot of clubs rack as many players as they can at young ages - impossible to say at 4/5/6/7 if a kid is good enough. They end up taking those who are 6/10 as opposed to 10/10, and far more of them, on the hope that one or two of them may make it.

Summary - it’s likely he was good at 4, but unlikely he was a real standout. Just placed in the machine with many others and it probably became clear at 8/9 that he was a player.

Agree with all else you say

I disagree to some extent. There is definitely a bit of natural ability in some kids. I unfortunately could have lived with a ball at my feet but never would have been able to make it as a pro...

??

Archived