Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
TBW

Appropriate Age To Add Youth Players

Recommended Posts

Is it just me or is four years old too ******* young for a team to be adding players to their set-up? Let a kid be a damn kid!

image.png.b5274303cf221872caded141f837170b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Constant belittling of one of our players because he's not elegant on the ball.

Pathetic.

More the fact that he is bottom of our team sheet.

You don’t actually believe that I think he would get beaten in a 1v1 by a 4 year old do you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

More the fact that he is bottom of our team sheet.

You don’t actually believe that I think he would get beaten in a 1v1 by a 4 year old do you? 

Going by some of your previous posts and how quick you have been to get negative in the past I wouldn't have put such a thought past you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Going by some of your previous posts and how quick you have been to get negative in the past I wouldn't have put such a thought past you.

Look mate, I was making a joke. I didn’t mean to cause offence to anyone and if it has offended you I apologise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking of four year olds...  🤔

Play nice boys or it'll be off to bed with no tea with the pair of you.

Edited by RedSkin
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He clearly stood out from other 4 year olds and had a natural talent of which arsenal have nurtured, helping to create the player he is today , some kids are naturally keen to learn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

He clearly stood out from other 4 year olds and had a natural talent of which arsenal have nurtured, helping to create the player he is today , some kids are naturally keen to learn 

I’d probably disagree with the bold part here. A lot of clubs rack as many players as they can at young ages - impossible to say at 4/5/6/7 if a kid is good enough. They end up taking those who are 6/10 as opposed to 10/10, and far more of them, on the hope that one or two of them may make it.

Summary - it’s likely he was good at 4, but unlikely he was a real standout. Just placed in the machine with many others and it probably became clear at 8/9 that he was a player.

Agree with all else you say

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’d probably disagree with the bold part here. A lot of clubs rack as many players as they can at young ages - impossible to say at 4/5/6/7 if a kid is good enough. They end up taking those who are 6/10 as opposed to 10/10, and far more of them, on the hope that one or two of them may make it.

Summary - it’s likely he was good at 4, but unlikely he was a real standout. Just placed in the machine with many others and it probably became clear at 8/9 that he was a player.

Agree with all else you say

 

I disagree to some extent. There is definitely a bit of natural ability in some kids. I unfortunately could have lived with a ball at my feet but never would have been able to make it as a pro...

😭😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RedFencing said:

Way to make money from parents who want to see their child succeed. 

Almost all performance sport analysts would say you can't possibly identify anything like significant talent at that age. 

Academies are free.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...