IGNORED

Something happening...Confirmed new deal for CoD

RedEyez

In all honesty, I'm not enthused by this. There is a good player in there somewhere but he has a lot to prove. If we're going to push for the top 6, we're going to quickly outgrow players of the O'Dowda ilk fast. He needs to get his head down quickly and get the fans back on his side. 

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Glad that’s sorted now 

Get behind the lad and support him 100%

Indeed.  Club, importantly, protected from losing him on a free / reduced fee....which would not be an ideal endorsement of the ‘project’ - buy cheap and young, sell for a profit.

Now it’s down to Callum....and good luck to him.  I still think he has a bit to do, but I also think if he can develop those couple of weaknesses he will be a key player for us.

I’m sure all fans will now support him.

I think there’s probably been, on balance, good management here by LJ and a good split between carrot and stick. The latter was where he made clear the situation and that the club weren’t bending. The former was the more difficult - having given the kicking, he then still kept COD involved and onside, didn’t cut off his nose to spite his face.

No doubt the fact the clubs ambitions have moved forward since the original contract offer have helped shape COD/Daddy CODs new stance, but to me (as long as we haven’t offered a new huge contract different from the first), great credit to LJ here for management of the situation 

Archived