IGNORED

Boom Boom Jamie McCombe

kiwicolin

8 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Didn't he score a overhead kick for us or am I thinking of someone else? 

He did.

And I missed it. Why do I remember?

Simple. It was the last time I had a 'half time pint' and the few extra minutes I spent finishing it resulted in me missing that goal.

Haven't had a half time pint since.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Glad McCoombe is acting manager at Lincoln City - I’ve always had a soft spot the Imps after my g’father took me to Sincil Bank  not long after I’d started following Bristol City. Would have been the late 60s.

Good memories mate, I wonder if Jon remembers the first time his dad Steve took him to a bank, bet that was exciting!  ?

57 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Glad McCoombe is acting manager at Lincoln City - I’ve always had a soft spot the Imps after my g’father took me to Sincil Bank  not long after I’d started following Bristol City. Would have been the late 60s.

Yet another ex City player’s name you can’t spell correctly...

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Going to be tough to pick which team you want to win this weekend then Robbored!

9 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Didn't he score a overhead kick for us or am I thinking of someone else? 

9 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

Never forget his overhead v Hull. 

Who put that ball in again?

Noble's free kick just after 2 mins is a beauty! Don't remember seeing that!

13 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Noble's free kick just after 2 mins is a beauty! Don't remember seeing that!

The passion in that team! Amazing to see scotty still in full flow there, we really did score some worldies that year. Have been wanting to see that trundle double against Scunthorpe, that lob was unbelievable 

11 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Scored an important goal at Donny away as well.

That's it mate. Brilliant header in the 87th minute for a 0 - 1 win. GJ said he rose majestically  "like Dixie Dean or John Toshack" to nod it in. The other amazing thing was how the other players climbed all over him while he was still stood up after the goal. Looked like he was carrying about 5 of them around. Brilliant. What a season 2007 - 8 was.

5 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

That's it mate. Brilliant header in the 87th minute for a 0 - 1 win. GJ said he rose majestically  "like Dixie Dean or John Toshack" to nod it in. The other amazing thing was how the other players climbed all over him while he was still stood up after the goal. Looked like he was carrying about 5 of them around. Brilliant. What a season 2007 - 8 was.

I still remember the RB commentator (not sure of his name). And its Jamie McCombe!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

So you didn’t know who I was referring to?.....................:cool2:

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Never end a sentence on a preposition.

(unless you are from Bristol of course)

A preposition should never be used to end a sentence ‘with’ ....

And Robbored, it is of course ... “So you don’t know to whom I was referring?”

Archived