IGNORED

The Who

Bristol Rob

39 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Much as I like the Who in their pomp, I can't imagine a lot more worse than this. Much like going to see the Rolling Stones now I would imagine.

I last saw the Stones early 90s, and they were treading water then. Could not be arsed to see them again.

23 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I last saw the Stones early 90s, and they were treading water then. Could not be arsed to see them again.

I saw Mike Monroe 10-15 years ago and it was sad seeing him trying to hold onto his Hanoi Rocks time.

Old men should not play Rock n Roll.

You may have been great once, now you're just embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I saw Mike Monroe 10-15 years ago and it was sad seeing him trying to hold onto his Hanoi Rocks time.

Old men should not play Rock n Roll.

You may have been great once, now you're just embarrassing.

I am teetering with New Order at present. At some point they need to give it up, notwithstanding they have been my favourite act for 30+ years.

2 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I am teetering with New Order at present. At some point they need to give it up, notwithstanding they have been my favourite act for 30+ years.

Rush are my favourites, but they have been goddawful for 20 years. I'm quite happy that they eventually called it a day.

3 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I still blame the Stones for me not seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd, the Stones were headlining Knebworth festival in 1976, i think, i didnt know who were supporting  so i turned down tickets.To this day my mate tells me how great Skynyrd were, and i still regret that i never got to see them live with Ronnie. Btw i only walked out of 2 concerts, the Stones at Ashton Gate and Def Leppard at Colston Hall!

Anyone else go to their gig at Ashton Gate in 2006?  Thought they were pretty good then, and it sort of ticked a box as they were a band I loved in the 60s and early 70s, but had somehow missed seeing them live (I know they played the Bristol Hippodrome in the 70s but couldn't get tickets).  Who's Next is a classic album that has stood the test of time, Tommy was ground breaking but perhaps overcooked with the film etc, and The Who Sell Out, with all the Radio London jingles is dated, but still has a lot of quality songs.  Would I pay good money to see them live now in an Arena?  Not for me, but they are one of those bands that will sell the tickets!

45 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

Anyone else go to their gig at Ashton Gate in 2006?  Thought they were pretty good then, and it sort of ticked a box as they were a band I loved in the 60s and early 70s, but had somehow missed seeing them live (I know they played the Bristol Hippodrome in the 70s but couldn't get tickets).  Who's Next is a classic album that has stood the test of time, Tommy was ground breaking but perhaps overcooked with the film etc, and The Who Sell Out, with all the Radio London jingles is dated, but still has a lot of quality songs.  Would I pay good money to see them live now in an Arena?  Not for me, but they are one of those bands that will sell the tickets!

Yes, I saw them then. Was it 2006? Feels like it was longer ago. I thought they were pretty good to be honest. I'm not really into stadium gigs but that was a good night. Live At Leeds was a favourite of mine as a kid, so to see them at AG was pretty cool. 

22 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Much as I like the Who in their pomp, I can't imagine a lot more worse than this. Much like going to see the Rolling Stones now I would imagine.

Saw them back in the Keith Moon days and would not want to ruin that memory.

9 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Yep, thought it was bloody good !

Archived