IGNORED

Derby been hard done by ?

Tipps69

Watching the first half of Derby v Cardiff & the commentator couldn’t help himself by mentioning how Derby were having to play this season without three of their influential players having lost Tomori, Mount & Wilson!

Those same three players that weren’t actually Derby’s players & it was also mentioned at how Derby had decided against going for big money signings & would be concentrating on bringing through youth & only signing Premier League players on loan, this is apparently Derby’s own decision & nothing to do with their financial position?!?

And in case anyone wasn’t aware, poor, hard done by Derby have seemingly lost Frank Lampard four times or so the commentator would have you believe!

Now I normally understand that there is a bit of tongue in ring piece action from the impartial commentators but seriously, you would of thought Derby actually lost three players that they owned & were gutted that they left a day before deadline day & while they aren’t spending on new signings, did Bielek arrive via the tooth fairy who exchanged Mel Morris’ dentures for him or did they spend quite a large seven figure fee on him?

And the commentator even managed to slip into his commentary that the game was being played in the £80m stadium! I assume this is the figure Morris supposedly bought the stadium from himself or is this how much the stadium cost when it was built? Either way, it seems like another valuation plucked from Mel Morris’ denture fairy?

How much longer are these clubs going to have smoke blown up their ring pieces?

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Watching the first half of Derby v Cardiff & the commentator couldn’t help himself by mentioning how Derby were having to play this season without three of their influential players having lost Tomori, Mount & Wilson!

Those same three players that weren’t actually Derby’s players & it was also mentioned at how Derby had decided against going for big money signings & would be concentrating on bringing through youth & only signing Premier League players on loan, this is apparently Derby’s own decision & nothing to do with their financial position?!?

And in case anyone wasn’t aware, poor, hard done by Derby have seemingly lost Frank Lampard four times or so the commentator would have you believe!

Now I normally understand that there is a bit of tongue in ring piece action from the impartial commentators but seriously, you would of thought Derby actually lost three players that they owned & were gutted that they left a day before deadline day & while they aren’t spending on new signings, did Bielek arrive via the tooth fairy who exchanged Mel Morris’ dentures for him or did they spend quite a large seven figure fee on him?

And the commentator even managed to slip into his commentary that the game was being played in the £80m stadium! I assume this is the figure Morris supposedly bought the stadium from himself or is this how much the stadium cost when it was built? Either way, it seems like another valuation plucked from Mel Morris’ denture fairy?

How much longer are these clubs going to have smoke blown up their ring pieces?

£80m ?

Watching it now - I can only assume this game was selected before Frank left ....Derby have been on about 3 times already I think..and the commentators are a bit lost now FL has gone , they've mentioned Frank 4 times already! ..It's like they've booked and gone to a West End show with a big star in the lead role only to find he's having a night off and an understudy is playing his part.

5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Watching it now - I can only assume this game was selected before Frank left ....Derby have been on about 3 times already I think..and the commentators are a bit lost now FL has gone , they've mentioned Frank 4 times already! ..It's like they've booked and gone to a West End show with a big star in the lead role only to find he's having a night off and an understudy is playing his part.

To be fair, this game would be doing league 2 a disservice, zero quality, a 0-0 would have flattered both sides. 

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Flint booked for kicking thin air, good dive Waghorn

Usual shithousry from Waghorn, as you say no contact from Flint and he gets a yellow.

The 2 teams I despise most (now Villa have gone) in the Championship playing ......The only good result would be multiple red cards and injuries but sadly neither happened. Even Colin was restrained

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

The great news for us is that Derby have 1 win in 7 and Cardiff 2 wins in 7! 

Both of them will be looking at our results with a huge pinch of jealousy. We need to keep forging on.

Innit.

BlueDred, the invitation to OTIB is still open... Where are you these days. We're genuinely getting a bit concerned as you used to be on here more than some of our own regulars spouting your footballing wisdom

Where are you now??

Fantastic weekend of football in the Championship by the way.

Fulham v West Brom to kick the day off. 

Can Charlton continue their momentum home to Birmingham?

Swansea v Forest should be close.

Then a Yorkshire double header on Sunday. Reet good, duck.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Fantastic weekend of football in the Championship by the way.

Fulham v West Brom to kick the day off. 

Can Charlton continue their momentum home to Birmingham?

Swansea v Forest should be close.

Then a Yorkshire double header on Sunday. Reet good, duck.

You've forgotten the biggest game...

3 hours ago, Spud55 said:

To be fair, this game would be doing league 2 a disservice, zero quality, a 0-0 would have flattered both sides. 

I only saw about half of the game, and missed both goals live, but what I witnessed (mainly in the 2nd half) was of such low quality, that it was an embarrassment as an advert for Championship football!  Yes, we have all seen the odd stinker of a game at this level, but for 2 teams that many fancied as potentially being right up there as promotion/play off candidates (which may well happen as the season is young and there is plenty of time for improvement) that was appalling! 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

By the same token, were we in a false position last season then with our three Chelsea loanees?

Absolutely, but....

....in fairness we’ve managed to recruit them permanently. A good strategy. MA does like to loan a player either with an agreed option to buy or who might want to come here permanently  

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Absolutely, but....

....in fairness we’ve managed to recruit them permanently. A good strategy. MA does like to loan a player either with an agreed option to buy or who might want to come here permanently  

Yep, but I was talking about last season when we had them on loan - three players who made a huge impact on our season - not so different to Derby ...

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, but they were on loan last season. I was just asking the question as someone insinuated that Derby finished in a false position due to having three loan players ...

But they had 3 loan players who were all much better than Derby, and were only loaned there as Lampard was their manager. 

We loaned in 3 players who we showed this summer were at our level by recruiting them.

Therefore you could argue they were in a false position due to having those three players

8 hours ago, paul_fox said:

There's something about the main commentator that annoys me. I think it's the little side stories about the players, managers etc that gets recycled every time a team is on 

Switch 'em off, just watch the pictures and listen to a good album on headphones.

And only turn it up if something major appears to be going on (and with Cardiff, it's probably unlikely)

Archived