Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Tipps69

Derby been hard done by 😢

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Watching the first half of Derby v Cardiff & the commentator couldn’t help himself by mentioning how Derby were having to play this season without three of their influential players having lost Tomori, Mount & Wilson!

Those same three players that weren’t actually Derby’s players & it was also mentioned at how Derby had decided against going for big money signings & would be concentrating on bringing through youth & only signing Premier League players on loan, this is apparently Derby’s own decision & nothing to do with their financial position?!?

And in case anyone wasn’t aware, poor, hard done by Derby have seemingly lost Frank Lampard four times or so the commentator would have you believe!

Now I normally understand that there is a bit of tongue in ring piece action from the impartial commentators but seriously, you would of thought Derby actually lost three players that they owned & were gutted that they left a day before deadline day & while they aren’t spending on new signings, did Bielek arrive via the tooth fairy who exchanged Mel Morris’ dentures for him or did they spend quite a large seven figure fee on him?

And the commentator even managed to slip into his commentary that the game was being played in the £80m stadium! I assume this is the figure Morris supposedly bought the stadium from himself or is this how much the stadium cost when it was built? Either way, it seems like another valuation plucked from Mel Morris’ denture fairy?

How much longer are these clubs going to have smoke blown up their ring pieces?

£80m 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching it now - I can only assume this game was selected before Frank left ....Derby have been on about 3 times already I think..and the commentators are a bit lost now FL has gone , they've mentioned Frank 4 times already! ..It's like they've booked and gone to a West End show with a big star in the lead role only to find he's having a night off and an understudy is playing his part.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess at the start of the season this at least on paper was a team relegated from the premier league against a side who missed out on the play offs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Watching it now - I can only assume this game was selected before Frank left ....Derby have been on about 3 times already I think..and the commentators are a bit lost now FL has gone , they've mentioned Frank 4 times already! ..It's like they've booked and gone to a West End show with a big star in the lead role only to find he's having a night off and an understudy is playing his part.

To be fair, this game would be doing league 2 a disservice, zero quality, a 0-0 would have flattered both sides. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Flint booked for kicking thin air, good dive Waghorn

Usual shithousry from Waghorn, as you say no contact from Flint and he gets a yellow.

The 2 teams I despise most (now Villa have gone) in the Championship playing ......The only good result would be multiple red cards and injuries but sadly neither happened. Even Colin was restrained

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The great news for us is that Derby have 1 win in 7 and Cardiff 2 wins in 7! 

Both of them will be looking at our results with a huge pinch of jealousy. We need to keep forging on.

Edited by mozo
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mozo said:

The great news for us is that Derby have 1 win in 7 and Cardiff 2 wins in 7! 

Both of them will be looking at our results with a huge pinch of jealousy. We need to keep forging on.

Innit.

BlueDred, the invitation to OTIB is still open... Where are you these days. We're genuinely getting a bit concerned as you used to be on here more than some of our own regulars spouting your footballing wisdom

Where are you now??

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Commentator did actually mention the £80 million stadium! 

Never the less the officiating was diabolical!

i did not want either team to win! RESULT!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Midred said:

They didn't mention that with these three loan players Derby were probably in a false position last season? 

By the same token, were we in a false position last season then with our three Chelsea loanees?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic weekend of football in the Championship by the way.

Fulham v West Brom to kick the day off. 

Can Charlton continue their momentum home to Birmingham?

Swansea v Forest should be close.

Then a Yorkshire double header on Sunday. Reet good, duck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Midred said:

They didn't mention that with these three loan players Derby were probably in a false position last season? 

False position? After 46 league games?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's something about the main commentator that annoys me. I think it's the little side stories about the players, managers etc that gets recycled every time a team is on 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mozo said:

Fantastic weekend of football in the Championship by the way.

Fulham v West Brom to kick the day off. 

Can Charlton continue their momentum home to Birmingham?

Swansea v Forest should be close.

Then a Yorkshire double header on Sunday. Reet good, duck.

You've forgotten the biggest game...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spud55 said:

To be fair, this game would be doing league 2 a disservice, zero quality, a 0-0 would have flattered both sides. 

I only saw about half of the game, and missed both goals live, but what I witnessed (mainly in the 2nd half) was of such low quality, that it was an embarrassment as an advert for Championship football!  Yes, we have all seen the odd stinker of a game at this level, but for 2 teams that many fancied as potentially being right up there as promotion/play off candidates (which may well happen as the season is young and there is plenty of time for improvement) that was appalling! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

By the same token, were we in a false position last season then with our three Chelsea loanees?

Absolutely, but....

....in fairness we’ve managed to recruit them permanently. A good strategy. MA does like to loan a player either with an agreed option to buy or who might want to come here permanently  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

By the same token, were we in a false position last season then with our three Chelsea loanees?

Not really. We bought them all. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Absolutely, but....

....in fairness we’ve managed to recruit them permanently. A good strategy. MA does like to loan a player either with an agreed option to buy or who might want to come here permanently  

Yep, but I was talking about last season when we had them on loan - three players who made a huge impact on our season - not so different to Derby ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CodeRed said:

Watching it now - I can only assume this game was selected before Frank left ....Derby have been on about 3 times already I think..

Cardiff were also the last live game before the international break.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Not really. We bought them all. 🙂

Yep, but they were on loan last season. I was just asking the question as someone insinuated that Derby finished in a false position due to having three loan players ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, but they were on loan last season. I was just asking the question as someone insinuated that Derby finished in a false position due to having three loan players ...

But they had 3 loan players who were all much better than Derby, and were only loaned there as Lampard was their manager. 

We loaned in 3 players who we showed this summer were at our level by recruiting them.

Therefore you could argue they were in a false position due to having those three players

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, paul_fox said:

There's something about the main commentator that annoys me. I think it's the little side stories about the players, managers etc that gets recycled every time a team is on 

Switch 'em off, just watch the pictures and listen to a good album on headphones.

And only turn it up if something major appears to be going on (and with Cardiff, it's probably unlikely)

Edited by AppyDAZE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RedSkin said:

Why are Cardiff on TV so much??  Zero footballing quality.

Surprised some on here have said they enjoy watching the Warnock style of football. I find it absolutely dire to watch.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Surprised some on here have said they enjoy watching the Warnock style of football. I find it absolutely dire to watch.

I think a few people on here like the success it has sporadically given his teams on getting into the PL, usually up automatically and then teetering on the brink before coming straight down.

I could never watch a team regularly that was managed by him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Clearly no Tomori, Mount and Wilson plus the management skills of Lampard = no home wins. 

 

With just one win in seven, Derby are playing like there's no Tomori...  ;) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, but I was talking about last season when we had them on loan - three players who made a huge impact on our season - not so different to Derby ...

No. Derby’s position last season was in part, down to those three loaners. Therefore, they may do less well without them, therefore last season’s position (may have been) artificially high. Similarly for us, except, we now have those players permanently, so might expect to do as well this year. Consequently (the theory is) last season’s position for us was not artificial, because the same (and better) personnel ought to be expected to replicate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I think a few people on here like the success it has sporadically given his teams on getting into the PL, usually up automatically and then teetering on the brink before coming straight down.

I could never watch a team regularly that was managed by him. 

I like our approach of trying to play in a way that will hopefully play teams off the park, rather like the way Norwich went up. But also to carry on playing football if we get promoted to the prem. It is a much stronger long term plan.

The Warnock, Pulis hoof ball tactics can get instant results. But I don't see there being much room for youth to come through. As any player would have to be very well physically developed to play in such a way, and it really helps to have an experienced bunch for it to work. Lots of dirty tactics used that experienced players know how to do and get away with.

Players generally want to pass the ball and play football the right way. I think the hoof ball tactics is gruelling physically and is hard to keep doing successfully season after season.

Looking at that Cardiff side, if Warnock leaves and someone comes in who wants to play football, they might find it very hard as they don't have many good footballers. What happens then is results suffer as players try to play in a way that doesn't necessarily suit them. I think the same may have happened with Stoke, and look at them now. Wasn't Hughes trying to play more football than what Pulis did, and they conceded lots of goals because of this and he didn't last long in the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/09/2019 at 08:11, JBFC II said:

But they had 3 loan players who were all much better than Derby, and were only loaned there as Lampard was their manager. 

We loaned in 3 players who we showed this summer were at our level by recruiting them.

Therefore you could argue they were in a false position due to having those three players

Fair enough - so we were in a false position when we had Tammy up front as he was much better than our level ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/09/2019 at 10:02, JonDolman said:

I like our approach of trying to play in a way that will hopefully play teams off the park, rather like the way Norwich went up. But also to carry on playing football if we get promoted to the prem. It is a much stronger long term plan.

The Warnock, Pulis hoof ball tactics can get instant results. But I don't see there being much room for youth to come through. As any player would have to be very well physically developed to play in such a way, and it really helps to have an experienced bunch for it to work. Lots of dirty tactics used that experienced players know how to do and get away with.

Players generally want to pass the ball and play football the right way. I think the hoof ball tactics is gruelling physically and is hard to keep doing successfully season after season.

Looking at that Cardiff side, if Warnock leaves and someone comes in who wants to play football, they might find it very hard as they don't have many good footballers. What happens then is results suffer as players try to play in a way that doesn't necessarily suit them. I think the same may have happened with Stoke, and look at them now. Wasn't Hughes trying to play more football than what Pulis did, and they conceded lots of goals because of this and he didn't last long in the job.

Debatable. Overall I agree.

Worth noting though that Jagielka, Tonge and some others came through under him at Sheff Utd. Sharp too though he only really came good elsewhere and much later. Stephen Quinn a fairly capable player too.

Certainly a decent number under him at Crystal Palace.

Dunno. Pack, Bacuna, Ralls you can make a decent central midfield out of. If Tomlin is firing he can be sharp, Hoillett, Murphy and Paterson are good players- Flint on the ball not too bad in his final season here, though he isn't a footballing CB first and foremost. Loaning out Cunningham and Reid probably not the best moves from a footballiong standpoint, especially Reid as we all know what he can do- Cunningham not the worst technically.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/09/2019 at 10:02, JonDolman said:

I like our approach of trying to play in a way that will hopefully play teams off the park, rather like the way Norwich went up. But also to carry on playing football if we get promoted to the prem. It is a much stronger long term plan.

The Warnock, Pulis hoof ball tactics can get instant results. But I don't see there being much room for youth to come through. As any player would have to be very well physically developed to play in such a way, and it really helps to have an experienced bunch for it to work. Lots of dirty tactics used that experienced players know how to do and get away with.

Players generally want to pass the ball and play football the right way. I think the hoof ball tactics is gruelling physically and is hard to keep doing successfully season after season.

Looking at that Cardiff side, if Warnock leaves and someone comes in who wants to play football, they might find it very hard as they don't have many good footballers. What happens then is results suffer as players try to play in a way that doesn't necessarily suit them. I think the same may have happened with Stoke, and look at them now. Wasn't Hughes trying to play more football than what Pulis did, and they conceded lots of goals because of this and he didn't last long in the job.

I’m not convinced that is our current style.  I’m not sure what I would call it, but I can describe it as “creating good chances efficiently”.  We certainly don’t pass for passing’s sake, but we don’t hoof either.  We do like to play in transition it seems.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough - so we were in a false position when we had Tammy up front as he was much better than our level ... 

Yeh we were, we were fortunate with Reid the season after though as well as strengthening our whole squad instead of just relying on Tammy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I’m not convinced that is our current style.  I’m not sure what I would call it, but I can describe it as “creating good chances efficiently”.  We certainly don’t pass for passing’s sake, but we don’t hoof either.  We do like to play in transition it seems.

Not exactly like Norwich. But I do think we are playing attacking football, generally keeping the ball on the deck, still playing it out when possible and going for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...