IGNORED

Niclas Eliasson - Would he sign if offered a new contract?

Dolman_Stand

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Should we be giving players that barely start for us 4 year contracts is the question 

Should be starting most weeks imo so yes I would tie him down asap, whether he’d sign it or not I’m not sure. The amount of chances he creates is ridiculous and now we have a out and out goalscorer in Afobe it baffles me why LJ doesn’t start him, yes he’s not the best defensively but surely that can’t be why LJ hardly starts him?

12 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Should be starting most weeks imo so yes I would tie him down asap, whether he’d sign it or not I’m not sure. The amount of chances he creates is ridiculous and now we have a out and out goalscorer in Afobe it baffles me why LJ doesn’t start him, yes he’s not the best defensively but surely that can’t be why LJ hardly starts him?

I totally agree with everything you said,we are not the manager tho and he clearly thinks he’s not good enough for a starting berth most weeks so why as you say would a player commit to a long term contract if the manager doesn’t fancy him or why would we even contemplate offering it if he’s a bit part player 

I just think that he’s the odd one out at the moment with the formation. 

Injuries have meant a move to 3, rather than a 4 at the back. This has meant we’ve needed three central midfielders and the width is then provided by the wing backs.

With a back four, which I think was the aim this season, we’ll see more of Niclas and O’Dowda as out and out wingers providing the pace and width.

Try picking your best 11 at the moment, given the injuries. I’d say Niclas gets left out in most cases. He’s almost certainly the one I have left over, wishing there was a place to accommodate him but not quite finding one.

Archived