Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Dolman_Stand

Niclas Eliasson - Would he sign if offered a new contract?

12 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Really hope we are trying to pin him down for another 3 years or so, for me he is more important than COD and we can't afford him to run his existing deal down.

Should we be giving players that barely start for us 4 year contracts is the question 

18 minutes ago, Unan said:

+1, change title please 

14 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

+2 

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Most annoying title thread ever!

I agree. 

Unnecessary click bait of the worst kind. 

Now amended 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I agree. 

Unnecessary click bait of the worst kind. 

Now amended 

Is the title correct though?  Has he been offered a new contract?  No doubt we'll have some on here slagging him off for a contract that hasn't even been offered!!!

• Like 1

Hope so. He has been brilliant at City.  Took a while to settle down in Bristol  but reaping the rewards now. 

Please sign.  

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Should we be giving players that barely start for us 4 year contracts is the question 

Should be starting most weeks imo so yes I would tie him down asap, whether he’d sign it or not I’m not sure. The amount of chances he creates is ridiculous and now we have a out and out goalscorer in Afobe it baffles me why LJ doesn’t start him, yes he’s not the best defensively but surely that can’t be why LJ hardly starts him?

12 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Should be starting most weeks imo so yes I would tie him down asap, whether he’d sign it or not I’m not sure. The amount of chances he creates is ridiculous and now we have a out and out goalscorer in Afobe it baffles me why LJ doesn’t start him, yes he’s not the best defensively but surely that can’t be why LJ hardly starts him?

I totally agree with everything you said,we are not the manager tho and he clearly thinks he’s not good enough for a starting berth most weeks so why as you say would a player commit to a long term contract if the manager doesn’t fancy him or why would we even contemplate offering it if he’s a bit part player 

• Like 1

I just think that he’s the odd one out at the moment with the formation. 

Injuries have meant a move to 3, rather than a 4 at the back. This has meant we’ve needed three central midfielders and the width is then provided by the wing backs.

With a back four, which I think was the aim this season, we’ll see more of Niclas and O’Dowda as out and out wingers providing the pace and width.

Try picking your best 11 at the moment, given the injuries. I’d say Niclas gets left out in most cases. He’s almost certainly the one I have left over, wishing there was a place to accommodate him but not quite finding one.

• Thanks 1