IGNORED

Stoke City Away (Merged)

BCFC1512

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

In the old days, the first team would be at home one weekend, whilst the reserves would be home the next.

Nowadays, it's the eggchasers of course, but that does mean top class sport at the gate most weekends and maximises the stadium income.

I find it interesting that the league rugby continues during the 6 nations each year, and this year it will continue during the World Cup. Is this because the clubs need the revenue, or is it because the power within the game is more even? i.e. European Leagues are so powerful they can dictate when the World Cup takes place 95% of the time.

• Admin
18 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I find it interesting that the league rugby continues during the 6 nations each year, and this year it will continue during the World Cup. Is this because the clubs need the revenue, or is it because the power within the game is more even? i.e. European Leagues are so powerful they can dictate when the World Cup takes place 95% of the time.

The odd thing is the league season is starting later this year because of the RWC, yet the league starts midway through the RWC

Archived