IGNORED

Stoke City Away (Merged)

BCFC1512

Yes, careful you don’t bump into the ‘other lot’ on Saturday. That horrendous stench of piss and B.O. could really make you bring your breakfast up.

The only thing they might do is stand by the car with the door open and engine running, shouting “SHITHEAD” from a safe distance.

I remember as a kid we went to Scotland on holiday.  On the trip up we realised Rovers were away at Carlisle as it was like the buggers were following us.  Every service station we stopped at seem to have Gasheads in.

That was back in the early/mid 90s though.  Nowadays you would be more likely to see rocking horse poo than any 15ers travelling.

On 10/09/2019 at 18:01, ollywhyte said:

1,550 sold now. Never been Stoke before, arriving by train - where is the best place to head for a few beers with City fans? 

Looks like it’s going to be quite a nice day and all!

When you walk out of the station the police are everywhere and have taken to only allowing two options if you look like an away fan:

• Turn left on the main road heading away from the town (and ground) for the Terrace, the designated away pub
  • Get on one of the shuttle buses to the ground 

If you choose the first, they'll put you on the shuttle buses once you've finished as you have to go back past the station towards town.

They don't seem to want anyone going into town unaccompanied, which is odd, because it's a dump. Easy enough to give them the slip.

All that said the shuttle buses AFTER the game are the best in the league if you're in a hurry, away fans only, pick up by the away turnstiles.

36 minutes ago, Olé said:

When you walk out of the station the police are everywhere and have taken to only allowing two options if you look like an away fan:

• Turn left on the main road heading away from the town (and ground) for the Terrace, the designated away pub
  • Get on one of the shuttle buses to the ground 

If you choose the first, they'll put you on the shuttle buses once you've finished as you have to go back past the station towards town.

They don't seem to want anyone going into town unaccompanied, which is odd, because it's a dump. Easy enough to give them the slip.

All that said the shuttle buses AFTER the game are the best in the league if you're in a hurry, away fans only, pick up by the away turnstiles.

Just to add, there is very little parking at the ground, the Holiday Inn Express and other places monitor their car parks on Match Days. 

Its a soulless area to say the least, I was working up there last season and it wasn’t until I got back to the hotel and was checked at the barrier, that I realised there was a game on. 

Nothing really gave it away, nothing really going on outside the ground, and I only heard a couple of half hearted cheers all night.

Archived