Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Stoke City Away (Merged)

34 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have we ever taken that many to Stoke?

30 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

No, never. Should sell out but won’t.

Easy to get to from M6 junction. Always a good away day and not far. No excuses really. 

Surely 2008 when it was a near promotion decider under GJ?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely 2008 when it was a near promotion decider under GJ? I know it was on Sky but if you can't fill an away end or at least allocation for a game like that...

Nope, was live on sky and sat evening. And we’d just lost at Sheff Utd which was a sell out.

Think 2008 was when Stoke restricted the numbers of City fans (OB also had a view?) allowed to attend as they wanted a smaller away following for that key game. My memory may be playing tricks but pretty sure that was when Pulis was in charge at Stoke?

Edited by GasDestroyer
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Think 2008 was when Stoke restricted the numbers of City fans (OB also had a view?) allowed to attend as they wanted a smaller away following for that key game. My memory may be playing tricks but pretty sure that was when Pulis was in charge at Stoke?

Nope, we genuinely didn’t sell that many tickets. Nothing to do with restrictions. 

48 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Nope, we genuinely didn’t sell that many tickets. Nothing to do with restrictions. 

We sold 1890. Not sure how many tickets we were given?

Even so, for a televised early evening game I don’t think that’s a terrible effort.

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We will miss Afobe for that one.  A chance for Diedhiou to show that he can fill his shoes.

I would assume not as we have him on loan from Stoke - the same as Jamie Paterson was not eligible to play against us on Tuesday night for Derby

On 22/08/2019 at 12:13, JBFC II said:

Don't think we'll sell out, much like for Brum 2k will be a solid effort

It did, it was a week later

Yes. A narrow 2-1 defeat. As was the Bramall Lane fixture. Prior to the Britannia encounter we expected Steve Brooker to lead the line, following his last minute winner against Norwich the previous Saturday. Alas, the lad's brittle  body let him down again.

19 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

It did turn out to be a decider. If we had won that game we'd have been runners up. Same as Derby last season, win that one and we'd have finished playoffs. Small margins.

That is it- as it panned out dunno how Stoke did in their 2nd last game but we lost and they drew their last game- you're right, we win, well a real sliding doors moment.

What made it worse it was that Pulis!!

Plus 2 fairly soft goals in first half from memory? We rallied in the 2nd but too late- missed 2 big chances too.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
42 minutes ago, Neutral said:

Remember the club saying you couldn't collect tickets from Stokes stadium itself so don't think there will be POTD.

Just got my train ticket for a 4.60 return, the cheapest I'll pay all year.

Hope we bring more than for Derby and Hull.

Yep like us there is no POD for away fans. So come on people get your tickets