IGNORED

Stoke vs Bristol City Match Day 7

TuxHarry

Never have I been so excited to see us back, that is the excitement the team we are building instills in me! 

As for the lineup I can see Famara starting, he is still one of the most expensive signings on the team and still got double figures last season.

So difficult to pick the team now, despite injuries we really have so many different options in terms of formation and shape.

Will Callum come back at the expense of Niclas or will he put them both in to try and break down a Stoke team really lacking in confidence? Not sure if I can see them both in from the start.

Think we will see four at the back, one of Massengo/Nagy next to Brownhill in midfield and one of Eliasson/O’Dowda playing off Diédhiou and Weimann with Palmer.

Easy tiger, it's a saturday morning and I like to sleep longer than my usual 7am wake up call of "MUM! CAN YOU GET ME A DRINK???"

FYI, I normally do a thread between 10am and 11am so seeing as you've already began, I'll go back to bed and politely ask a mod to add Match Day 7 to the subject. @RedM @Dollymarie @WesM @phantom

13 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Easy tiger, it's a saturday morning and I like to sleep longer than my usual 7am wake up call of "MUM! CAN YOU GET ME A DRINK???"

FYI, I normally do a thread between 10am and 11am so seeing as you've already began, I'll go back to bed and politely ask a mod to add Match Day 7 to the subject. @RedM @Dollymarie @WesM @phantom

7 you say? Hard work years must have been completed! Well deserved and as always, looking forward to the script later.

1 hour ago, TuxHarry said:

Amazed we didn’t have this going already, people not as excited as I am to have football back after those two weeks of dross?

Bentley

Hunt Moore Baker Rowe

Eliasson Nagy Brownhill O’Dowda

Palmer Weimann

0-1. (Weimann 86’)

COYFR!

Condensed Version

TuxHarry:

IMPOSTER !!!!!  Free the Septic One.

23 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Does it matter who and how a match day thread is created?

Nagy wont be fit so Massengo will play

Afobe cant play, LJ wont take a chance on Semenyo yet so will revert to Diedhiou.

I think he will play a back 3 of Wright, Moore and Baker rather thana back 4.

Stoke are bottom and under the cosh (but still a good team).  Manager given dreaded vote of confidence, so they will come out all guns blazing today. Going to be a tough and physical game I think.

My SCFC mate who has been to most home and away matches since the 70s has refused to buy his season ticket this year. He's got disillusioned and bored watching them over the past year or so. He's decided to pick and choose his home matches should be have the will power to watch them.

Does this mean then that as a result of my mate's thoughts on their current plight that they are so bad we'll win at a canter? 

Eventually, SCFC will have to win. Their manager gave up that winning feeling at Luton Town to take on the role at the A50/A500. Nathan Jones has had to deal with overpaid, underperforming players who think they know better. Yet, he is honest in press conferences and wants to get the club moving upwards. They can't move downwards until May! 

I personally don't want him sacked just because it seems to be the norm these days. Stoke deserve s decent team and given time, Nathan will deliver. Their owner is similar to ours and it's a family run club but without basketball and rugby involved. Hopefully the Coates family will do SL and give Nathan Jones more time do that he can turn this great potteries football club justice. 

I lived in Stoke for eleven years which is the same number as how many City players will be starting at 3pm!  It will be a tough game with Taylor Moore showing that he is more than capable of handling any Stoke City attack. 

I can't see it being a 0-0 though. 

Whatever the result, enjoy the game and give the lads a shout from me. As the baddy would've said at the end of Scooby Doo, "I'd have been there if it hadn't been for the kid (going to University for first time)!"

3 minutes ago, Atyeo's lift said:

Yes, we do have conventions and traditions here, you know. Next thing you'll be wanting to prorogue Peg - keep away, Rudolph

Scottish judges have just ruled that it is illegal for TuxHarry to start a match day thread.

Judges have also ruled that the only way anyone other than Peg can start a match day thread is by way of a debate and vote in parliament( OTIB). 

1 hour ago, Henry said:

Does it matter who and how a match day thread is created?

Of course it matters !!  Peg spends her life trying to raise her dysfunctional family to give them the best start in life rather than them ending up in care. Apart from breaking copious amounts of wind in the checkout queue at Sainsburys and the weekly Football thread she has no other hobbies. You can't take this enjoyment away from her under any circumstance. 

I dislike Stoke - haven’t forgiven them for Wembley 2000 or for getting promoted automatically in that season when we lost in the play-off final to Hull. 

Regardless of all of that, this is the sort of game that worries me a bit. We have been known to be sluggish after an international break and their bad form will turn around at some point. 

On the other hand we have signed some quality players, so I’m going to put my pessimism aside and predict a 2-1 win for us. 

21 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Scottish judges have just ruled that it is illegal for TuxHarry to start a match day thread.

Judges have also ruled that the only way anyone other than Peg can start a match day thread is by way of a debate and vote in parliament( OTIB). 

We'll see what the Supreme Court have to say about that !!!

25 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Of course it matters !!  Peg spends her life trying to raise her dysfunctional family to give them the best start in life rather than them ending up in care. Apart from breaking copious amounts of wind in the checkout queue at Sainsburys and the weekly Football thread she has no other hobbies. You can't take this enjoyment away from her under any circumstance. 

Is that why the forum was offline for a bit last night, Tom had decided to prorogue proceedings in anticipation of his speech to Peg?

23 minutes ago, santibello said:

I think we'll go 442 with eliasson and CoD instead of Palmer and Wright/Williams

Palmer links up amazingly with Afobe but Deidhiou is better at headers, so we'll see more crosses than through balls

Bentley

Pereira Moore Baker Rowe

Eliasson Massengo Brownhill COD

Weiman Deidhiou

A sneaky 2-1 win for us me thinks

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is that why the forum was offline for a bit last night, Tom had decided to prorogue proceedings in anticipation of his speech to Peg?

Tried to get on line many times with my normal proxy and it keeps saying timed out, thought I would try with my UK VPN and there is no problem with the connection. I wonder if Tom has altered something that is causing this problem.

2 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

Unofficial Match Day Thread given special temporary Officially sanctioned status by official match day thread official then? ...  

Just this once I hope?  We dont like square pegs in round holes here..  

Normal service to resume shortly one hopes!  ?

Archived