IGNORED

Stoke vs Bristol City Match Day 7

TuxHarry

5 minutes ago, 29AR said:

You do understand you might look to the bench to change the starting system ? 

of course - but if you go to 4231 you can only put 2 wingers on.

I'm just saying it shows an imbalanced squad, where you need to get rid of watkins, and need 1 more defender... and of course less injuries would be nice

4 minutes ago, Jim said:

of course - but if you go to 4231 you can only put 2 wingers on.

I'm just saying it shows an imbalanced squad, where you need to get rid of watkins, and need 1 more defender... and of course less injuries would be nice

Fair, but that ignores the versatility of these players. For instance ‘4 wingers’ ignores that O’Dowda is far more than that, or Watkins has played centrally up top. It’s like pegging Weimann to performing just one role. 

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Fair, but that ignores the versatility of these players. For instance ‘4 wingers’ ignores that O’Dowda is far more than that, or Watkins has played centrally up top. It’s like pegging Weimann to performing just one role. 

true - although you could argue you change system and weiman goes into the wide position - so that makes 5 wingers in the match day squad!

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thought that would be the side. Watkins on bench. Deserves to be there from how good he looked against Leeds under 23s. But he looked really good at wing back which Pereira is, so can't see the need for him being on the bench, and I thought Nagy was fit?

Having watched both the Leeds and Brum U23s  games when I saw Watkins was in for the latter game I had to  check if he had played in the previous one as I could not remember any contribution. Against Brum he ran Adelukan into being a close second for the least contribution throughout the match.

29 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Elliason is benched again, dear god. What does that man have to do. 

23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We’re playing 3 at the back . Our width comes from our wing backs . Wingers don’t play in a wing back system , hence why elliasson isn’t playing.  

Exactly, besides I'd also argue that Eliasson is yet to show he can 'do it' for 90 mins. Against 'Boro MoM display in first half, fairly anonymous in second half. If we are behind after 60 mins, we can always revert to 4 at the back and give Eliasson the chance to shine again.

Archived