IGNORED

Stoke vs Bristol City Match Day 7

TuxHarry

Applaud LJ for going for the early change, BUT he got the sub all wrong!  Should have been Eliasson on and Williams off. Asking Wiemann to play wide is a waste of time, he continually drifts inside into no mans land, Fammy been totally ineffective and Semenyo hardly showed except for blasting over from Massengo's great ball.

I'd haul Fammy off for Eliasson, put Weimann back up front with Semenyo.

73% possession but not totally in control and found myself thinking I hope we can get in just 0-1 down rather than its just a matter of time before we score. We look like we'll concede again to me rather than score ourselves.

We need to move the ball much quicker - especially Palmer who is slowing it down every time, he'll be getting a bollocking around about now imo.

Can't complain about the effort but total lack of quality in key areas so far.

Diedhiou awful, just gets in the way. 

Semenyo needs a goal to get him going imo.

6 minutes ago, samo II said:

Them being down to ten for as long as they will have been come end of the game makes a point a minimum really; shocking if not.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/290344/stoke-city-bristol-match-thread?page=11

Bristol have strolled that half when they should have punished us. Can't believe they won't play with more purpose second half.

Lets hope Joe Allen doesnt cost us, but I still have fears in the second half

Well we have held onto the break, but the extra man will tell in the second period and they should win 3 or 4 -1

Why is it after every international break for the last couple of seasons we always look like a team that's never played together before, worst 45mins of the season so far, really hope they come out and play as a team, if they do then I am sure we will get at least a point,

1 minute ago, The Original OTIB said:

Not sure we can risk early 2nd half subs given our injury form. He got the change wrong + Fam has been a passenger.

Agree re Diedhiou.

Awful today, game just passing him by.

He aint going to get in the team ahead of Afobe with a performance like that.

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/thread/290344/stoke-city-bristol-match-thread?page=11

Bristol have strolled that half when they should have punished us. Can't believe they won't play with more purpose second half.

Lets hope Joe Allen doesnt cost us, but I still have fears in the second half

Well we have held onto the break, but the extra man will tell in the second period and they should win 3 or 4 -1

While that's far more positive about us than I'd say, it is miles more in keeping with the 15 minutes or so I saw before half time than the bulk of the posts on here.

7 minutes ago, winsaw said:

Why is it after every international break for the last couple of seasons we always look like a team that's never played together before, worst 45mins of the season so far, really hope they come out and play as a team, if they do then I am sure we will get at least a point,

Didn’t we beat The Blades 2-3 away immediately after the last international break in March 2019?

10 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Not sure we can risk early 2nd half subs given our injury form. He got the change wrong + Fam has been a passenger.

Honestly think Fams days with us are numbered never been impressed with him doesn't look interested half the time will be off come January I think.

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Not there but other than Weimann our front men don't seem to be putting any pressure on their back line.

Stoke radio commentator saying that we look too static up front.

Archived