IGNORED

Stoke vs Bristol City Match Day 7

TuxHarry

Lots saying we played poorly.

I didn't think it was that poor tbh.

A couple of players such as Palmer and Diedhiou were under par but Hunt played well as did Williams (although he did look a bit rusty early on), Brownhill, Massengo, and Baker.

3 points, it'll do for me.

But we'll need everyone to be on their game for Swansea.

2 minutes ago, OnCider said:

I'm usually the first to get behind Fammy when people are slating him but from watching the stream he was dire - especially towards the end when we really needed him to hold up the ball and give us an outlet.

I only listened, but I thought it was crying out for a change near the end. Maybe O'Dowda on for Fam and let Weimann pull the CBs around a bit in the middle. Still it's 90 minutes he could probably do with it.

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I only listened, but I thought it was crying out for a change near the end. Maybe O'Dowda on for Fam and let Weimann pull the CBs around a bit in the middle. Still it's 90 minutes he could probably do with it.

I think he left Fam on for defending corners.

12 minutes ago, OnCider said:

I'm usually the first to get behind Fammy when people are slating him but from watching the stream he was dire - especially towards the end when we really needed him to hold up the ball and give us an outlet.

Likewise. Not sure I've ever made a negative comment about Fam before , just thought he was really poor today. 

26 minutes ago, Pezo said:

12 goals a game definitely makes him good enough?

12 goals a season is ok if your partnered with someone else getting above that and your providing some of them, if your scoring that many and not doing much else then it's debatable if your doing enough. 

Once again.

Diedhiou has always scored more than 12 goals in a season for us.

Fammy was poor today but he always weighs in with around 15 goals a season when starting. Scored a crucial gol today too. 

Overall we looked like we might have taken a beating without that early red - even then we made very hard work of it. 

Good news though is we did it without our 3 best players so plenty more to come from this team. 2 great assists by Hunt too. 

I'm not sure how that was a poor performance. I've watched many poor away performances and that wasn't one of them. Got to give Stoke credit. Quality and dangerous players who we managed. I'd call that precisely the sort of win needed to be ground out on the road in a successful season. Great result. 

29 minutes ago, grifty said:

I think he left Fam on for defending corners.

Probably, but I would have liked someone up front who could just keep the ball in their half for a while. Sounded like he lost it nearly every time he got it. Back to Afobe for Swansea I would think.

Well, I predicted a 2-1 win today so I claim all credit for the result...

In all seriousness, though, another excellent 3 points. Sounds like the sending off changed the game and that it wasn’t a brilliant performance, but we did enough to get the win so it’s another good Saturday night ahead. 

5 hours ago, BigTone said:

Of course it matters !!  Peg spends her life trying to raise her dysfunctional family to give them the best start in life rather than them ending up in care. Apart from breaking copious amounts of wind in the checkout queue at Sainsburys and the weekly Football thread she has no other hobbies. You can't take this enjoyment away from her under any circumstance. 

You jest but you are not far from the truth. Let's just say, when I'm having a coffee in Sainsbury's Winterstoke Rd and let one rip, I always blame the poor soul that I sit with.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

On matters pertaining to the match day thread, Is Havanatopia  the president of the  OTIB Supreme Court?

Indeed. Lord @havanatopia of OTIB has been contacted this season and is still unavailable for selection. Kinda like Korey. 

He will return. As for myself, I'll be back next match unless another wishes to "take the baton" as eloquently put by Noggers. Slide into my DMs if you dare.

Archived