IGNORED

Stoke vs Bristol City Match Day 7

TuxHarry

44 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We really weren't.

We were if you read Stoke's forum.

According to them, they make shit teams like us look good and the fact that we are where we are in the table is only because of the poor quality championship this season.

I am sure there is probably a post somewhere in there that says they gifted us 2 goals - like every other team this season! 

:) 

2 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Let’s not forget he averages 12 goals a season  whilst being injured a few times last couple of seasons 

Think the last 2 seasons ie full seasons prior.

13 goals and 2 assists not brilliant but not bad- that's per season not total of course. Decent. Lengthy injury in 2017-18 but that said when he does play Paterson behind him wasn't a good fit and similar with Palmer behind.

Useful squad player however, but lacking in certain areas.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

What a win. Stoke really are the weirdest club in the country. Jones just went mental at Brownhill after the game. He got 2 footed you absolute gorm 

Managerial tactics to deflect the blame away from him for this very poor run of theirs, an attempt to unite the fans with him against the ref and us. 

Doubt if he’ll have the decency to apologise to Brownhill and admit his mistake once he’s seen the evidence. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Think the last 2 seasons ie full seasons prior.

13 goals and 2 assists not brilliant but not bad- that's per season not total of course. Decent. Lengthy injury in 2017-18 but that said when he does play Paterson behind him wasn't a good fit and similar with Palmer behind.

Useful squad player however, but lacking in certain areas.

Not started this season very well evidently.

7 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Managerial tactics to deflect the blame away from him for this very poor run of theirs, an attempt to unite the fans with him against the ref and us. 

Doubt if he’ll have the decency to apologise to Brownhill and admit his mistake once he’s seen the evidence. 

He said afterwards it was an “amber”.....so clearly knows the tackle was wrong. Why did he have a pop at Brownhill? Pressure probably and I would be surprised if he didn’t speak to him after the game, apologise and shake his hand. These things happen.

Evening all! Another week another defeat for us i will try not to bring the ref into the equation who i thought was very lenient on your players this afternoon! I thought that we played ok and we should of taken the chances we had when 1-0 up to make it 2-0 the red card was reckless from Allen high boot with studs showing your always going to give the ref a decision to make but always thought when we were 1-0 up we wouldn't see it out and i was right! your first goal was a carbon copy of the first goal we conceded  at Birmingham  cross to the back post and header into the net far too easy for attackers to get in behind the defence i thought elliason changed the game when he came on i  said on here earlier in the week if you played with pace and power upfront and out wide you'd get joy hopefully thats the last we'll see of jones we are going one way with him in charge and thats down! Good luck for the rest of the season! I cant be confident we'll be seeing you down here next season at this moment in time :laugh:

5 minutes ago, StaffordshireStokie said:

Evening all! Another week another defeat for us i will try not to bring the ref into the equation who i thought was very lenient on your players this afternoon! I thought that we played ok and we should of taken the chances we had when 1-0 up to make it 2-0 the red card was reckless from Allen high boot with studs showing your always going to give the ref a decision to make but always thought when we were 1-0 up we wouldn't see it out and i was right! your first goal was a carbon copy of the first goal we conceded  at Birmingham  cross to the back post and header into the net far too easy for attackers to get in behind the defence i thought elliason changed the game when he came on i  said on here earlier in the week if you played with pace and power upfront and out wide you'd get joy hopefully thats the last we'll see of jones we are going one way with him in charge and thats down! Good luck for the rest of the season! I cant be confident we'll be seeing you down here next season at this moment in time :laugh:

To be honest mate, you shouldn't be too disheartened from today. First half your lads were decent. 

9 minutes ago, mozo said:

To be honest mate, you shouldn't be too disheartened from today. First half your lads were decent. 

I agree we were decent in spells but we still lost don't think Jones will turn this around unfortunately the jobs too big for him in my opinion i just don't get how some of our fans can still be behind him when he's won 3 league games since January.

13 minutes ago, StaffordshireStokie said:

I agree we were decent in spells but we still lost don't think Jones will turn this around unfortunately the jobs too big for him in my opinion i just don't get how some of our fans can still be behind him when he's won 3 league games since January.

There is normally a team that has a bad start o the season, and never recovers. Surely your squad is too good for that?! 

I would wish you well but I'm still bitter about the Auto Windscreens trophy loss! I'll get over it one day!

We looked poor until Allen got sent off.  If it wasn't for that, I feel that we would have lost.

There were times I wondered which team was down to 10 men.  But we got the 3 points despite some poor performances.  We certainly didn't seem to be fired up for this game as well as the Potters, did we.

That said, we had a lot of players out, some of which should hopefully be now getting back to fitness and we certainly seemed to miss the outlet Afobe provides.

before the game I think I would have been reasonably happy coming home with a point, so 3 is a bit of a bonus.

Fired up to joint 2nd in the table until Leeds batter the Tykes tomorrow.  Looking forward to another top of the table clash with the Swans next week. 22k tickets already sold I think I read somewhere.

Hey @StaffordshireStokie, genuinely don’t mean this in an antagonistic way but are you happy with the Afobe loan giving he’s doing well in a side sitting third while you’re at the bottom?

Were you happy with the decision to let him go at the time? Do you think he’d be getting in your team now if he was still there?

Appreciate he didn’t set the world alight for you but it does seem strange in hindsight.

32 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Stoke will be OK - probably would have won today without the red especially as we have arguably our 4 best players injured and Afobe not allowed to play.

So for us to keep winning with these injuries etc is great news. 

Certainly exciting to think we have arguably our two best defenders in Dasilva and Kalas, plus Nagy, Korey Smith and (from today at least) Afobe all to come back into this team.

Six unbeaten and we’re going to get stronger. Wow.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Certainly exciting to think we have arguably our two best defenders in Dasilva and Kalas, plus Nagy, Korey Smith and (from today at least) Afobe all to come back into this team.

Six unbeaten and we’re going to get stronger. Wow.

Yes! I'm surprised how flat this forum is considering our form and position. We're smashing it atm. Life is good.

11 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We looked poor until Allen got sent off.  If it wasn't for that, I feel that we would have lost.

There were times I wondered which team was down to 10 men.  But we got the 3 points despite some poor performances.  We certainly didn't seem to be fired up for this game as well as the Potters, did we.

That said, we had a lot of players out, some of which should hopefully be now getting back to fitness and we certainly seemed to miss the outlet Afobe provides.

before the game I think I would have been reasonably happy coming home with a point, so 3 is a bit of a bonus.

Fired up to joint 2nd in the table until Leeds batter the Tykes tomorrow.  Looking forward to another top of the table clash with the Swans next week. 22k tickets already sold I think I read somewhere.

Seems you are basing your assertion that we would have lost based on the first 12 minutes and that we would have lost if their bloke hadn't been sent off.

I totally disagree.

If anything, the sending off didn't help us at all.

But we dominated the game and, despite a couple or three players having off days, we saw it through comfortably imo.

Well worth the 3 points.

5 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Big win from a tricky tricky tie. COYR. 

Couldn’t watch today, what formation did we switch to after Moore -> Semenyo?

Following the sending off we played 1-1-8, but we were phoning it in. After half time we changed provider to Hunt and got a better reception. 

13 hours ago, downendcity said:

We were if you read Stoke's forum.

According to them, they make shit teams like us look good and the fact that we are where we are in the table is only because of the poor quality championship this season.

I am sure there is probably a post somewhere in there that says they gifted us 2 goals - like every other team this season! 

:) 

I wouldn’t disagree, I don’t think the division is that strong. We are 3rd and to be honest we have rode our luck so far this season. We have played ok but we are scraping wins without being at our very best. 

29 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Just caught up on result, another great 3 points away from home. We have got last season away performance and approach mojo back. Brilliant. Points early on Gove you a great platform for the season, no catch up , and build confidence. Brilliant start to the season. 

If Gove is now a verb, I'd worry if we're doing it!

Archived