IGNORED

Relationship with the Hungarian FA

Wolf Island

7 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Confirmed today that Lee is hacked off with Hungarian management team. Nagy will be a huge miss for Swansea and imo should not be released for the next round of international matches. Scandalous actions by the Hungarians. 

Link? 

2 minutes ago, TBW said:

Could Nagy not tell them, "hey, my leg isn't feeling quite right so I'm gunna sit this one out"? They can't force him to walk out onto the pitch. Should take some of the responsibility himself.

Definitely. Beginning to wonder whether he talks a good game at club level but does that translate to the pitch? His Bologna welcome interview was remarkably similar to his City one. MA and LK will be proud. 

4 minutes ago, TBW said:

Could Nagy not tell them, "hey, my leg isn't feeling quite right so I'm gunna sit this one out"? They can't force him to walk out onto the pitch. Should take some of the responsibility himself.

It's his country though, I can't imagine he fought very hard not to play.

3 minutes ago, Hare Island said:

Definitely. Beginning to wonder whether he talks a good game at club level but does that translate to the pitch? His Bologna welcome interview was remarkably similar to his City one. MA and LK will be proud. 

Why, what have you seen in a game and a half that gives you that impression?

I don't think he had any say in this just as every other player in this situation. Country or club, everyone wants to play. Lots of examples when a not fully fit player played for his club and made his injury worse and same goes for country. The 2 physio parties played this off, he was cleared when obv he wasn't. Sure our medics maybe painted rainbows to BCFC but I think it was mostly Rossi's fault, he clearly pushed him and the lack of quality in Ádám's position in Hungary. There isn't one minute on the pitch Ádám wouldn't give everything for his club. The best proof to that are exactly the international games this spring which he played in full match sharpness and fitness despite not having any minute at club level and being totally ignored there by his coach. If he'd didn't give a **** about his club he wouldn't even train properly.

6 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Confirmed today that Lee is hacked off with Hungarian management team. Nagy will be a huge miss for Swansea and imo should not be released for the next round of international matches. Scandalous actions by the Hungarians. 

Let’s not forget that LJ previously stated that they’d worked closely with the Hungarians in the build up to the qualifier, getting medical / physio reports to confirm fitness or not.

Either the Hungarians told porkies, or he was fit to play, but suffered a reaction.

If they told porkies then we were too trusting / accommodating.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Let’s not forget that LJ previously stated that they’d worked closely with the Hungarians in the build up to the qualifier, getting medical / physio reports to confirm fitness or not.

Either the Hungarians told porkies, or he was fit to play, but suffered a reaction.

If they told porkies then we were too trusting / accommodating.

Or the tests/reports that we requested weren't the correct ones to ask for, or were too easy to pass. There's a number of things that could have gone wrong here.

13 hours ago, TBW said:

He could but he would not be a professional footballer if he did, the amount of times you have to train with pain or a mild injury in order to get to the level that these players are at means that you will never refuse to play. When it comes to injury players need protecting from themselves quite often as they will push themselves through the barrier and aggrivate an injury before they voluntarily don't play. 

If a club is going to buy internationals, there is a real chance this sort of thing might happen. Nagy speaks excellent english but there is always a risk of communication issues, and if hes a top player for them they would want him playing. Lj is right that we pay his wages, but this sort of thing has been happening for 100 years and that argument is futile

I refuse to get angry about international call-ups and the injuries that obviously come from them.

International football is a huge part of football in general, and any club that tries to stop a player from representing their country at the highest level isn't a club I would want to play for. Besides, when you have a stocked academy and fringe players itching for an opportunity, you really cannot use the same old bullshit excise about not having someone for that position.

Obviously, we should give fitness guidelines, but I'm pretty sure the Hungarian FA have doctors, and if their assessment said he can play then that's fine by me,

3 hours ago, Spud55 said:

He could but he would not be a professional footballer if he did, the amount of times you have to train with pain or a mild injury in order to get to the level that these players are at means that you will never refuse to play. When it comes to injury players need protecting from themselves quite often as they will push themselves through the barrier and aggrivate an injury before they voluntarily don't play. 

I disagree entirely. These players need to take responsibility for looking after their body as it is their job. Pushing through shit just because they have to be seen as being a hard man and pain not being something that should take precedence is moronic and ignorant. 

8 minutes ago, TBW said:

I disagree entirely. These players need to take responsibility for looking after their body as it is their job. Pushing through shit just because they have to be seen as being a hard man and pain not being something that should take precedence is moronic and ignorant. 

In a perfect world, you'd let every niggling injury recover fully.

Sadly, this isn't a perfect world, and players play through stuff all the time. There have been numerous stories, and even medical/academic studies on the sheer use and abuse of painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs as a form of legal doping to get players to play more than their bodies will allow. A career in football is short, not because you are unable to play football in your mid-thirties, but because a lifetime of damage eventually catches up.

It's easy to understand why. If you risk taking time out of an injury, you could lose your place in the team, then end up being sold elsewhere, so being able to play regularly is important. Hell, in international football I remember a crazy stat that said that half of the players playing in the World Cup were playing with anti-inflammatory injections. If half of all players need an injection to play a game, that shows that the responsibility lies with more than just individuals.

Archived