IGNORED

youth football filming advice

Natchlander

Are there any youth football coaches (under 7s / 9s etc) on here that can give me some advice? My son's football coach has given me permission to film my boys football matches and training (purely so me and my son can watch it back to discuss how to improve) some parents have asked if they can watch the video files too. 

I have been told to not share the football videos on social media (facebook whatsapp etc), what about if I uploaded to Youtube and set the videos to private / unlisted. E.g you can only see the video if you have the link.

Is youtube an absolute no no? Or is there something else out there that I can use. Just need some advice on how others use video footage of youth matches that meets the fa guidelines

8 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Could you not just upload the videos into DropBox or One Drive, and just share the folder with the parents?

I did think about doing this, issue is, the video files are huge, if files are uploaded to youtube, youtube compresses the files down quite well, then i was thinking of texting the link via sms or email. 

If youtube is frowned upon by the fa then the dropbox method or similar may be the only way.

If you were to post on YouTube you would breach the FA Safeguarding policy.

Your son's Club and team would get into trouble for it. Also if you are going to film a match please ensure that you ask the opposing team as again you would being going against Safeguarding policy.

The FA are happy for you to film it just ensure that everybody is happy for you to do it.  

3 hours ago, Natchlander said:

yep our coach asked permission from the other team.

so basically do not upload to youtube.

is sharing files via dropbox or similar in breach of safeguarding?

You can contact the Somerset or Gloucester FA to ask for advice, Your kids coach could contact his clubs welfare officer on your behalf. 

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

Can’t you just let a 7 year old enjoy football with his mates instead of making it serious?

Bristol Coaching schools for kids use video for kids younger than seven and some not all kids love it. We all learn differently and visual learning again has benefits for some. My own Son learned a multitude of skills simply by watching youtube and skills being broken down into chunking.

Archived