IGNORED

Swansea match

ChippenhamRed

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

1st v 3rd next week then! Huge match and surely heading for a sell out.

Irrespective of the Leeds result tomorrow, next weekend’s game COULD see us go top of the Championship! What a game it promises to be.

When was the last time we were able to go top of the second tier with a win?

We are at home tho so not expecting much 

47 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

1st v 3rd next week then! Huge match and surely heading for a sell out.

Irrespective of the Leeds result tomorrow, next weekend’s game COULD see us go top of the Championship! What a game it promises to be.

When was the last time we were able to go top of the second tier with a win?

Let's be honest,,last two matches we've gotten away with it....OK,,great,scores on the doors & all that.

But....we shall have to up it significantly v Swans.....very much hoping Nagy may be fit as I feel were gona need him.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So when was the last time we played at home with a chance to go top of the Championship?

Was it the Norwich game in 08 with the Brooker late winner?

Surely there must have been a chance in 2017-18?

In the relegation season we went top after the win against Cardiff at home a couple of games in. Albeit only for a few hours as it was an early kickoff.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

In the relegation season we went top after the win against Cardiff at home a couple of games in. Albeit only for a few hours as it was an early kickoff.

Let’s say after a minimum of five games then, counts a bit less so early on!

Someone must know the answer.

6 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Let's be honest,,last two matches we've gotten away with it....OK,,great,scores on the doors & all that.

But....we shall have to up it significantly v Swans.....very much hoping Nagy may be fit as I feel were gona need him.

Is “gotten away with it” really fair?

We won by two clear goals v QPR and I thought we were well worth a point v Boro.

Agree Swansea is a bigger test, though I do wonder if their early season form is slightly misleading in terms of where they are likely to finish.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I remember the notorious Wolves home game being absolutely crucial but I don’t think we would have gone top with a win, would we?

Closest I can remember to us going top that season though.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I remember the notorious Wolves home game being absolutely crucial but I don’t think we would have gone top with a win, would we?

Closest I can remember to us going top that season though.

We were about 8 points behind Wolves at that point I think. 

They were a Premier League side in waiting. 

Who knows what might've been if we'd got something out of that game. 

I’ve got a feeling that this is going to be our year. Players missing through injury etc and we’re still picking up points. Players will come back and we’ll have a good transfer window. I can feel it in my bones, though this just might be old age 

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

We were about 8 points behind Wolves at that point I think. 

They were a Premier League side in waiting. 

Who knows what might've been if we'd got something out of that game. 

8 behind going into it.

However at 1-0 v 10 at home, that gap was about to fall to 5. That would've been a new pressure given going into Christmas they were 10 above us- they might have wobbled!

A chasing pack, a busy Christmas schedule, list of foreign players not used to a hectic period and not playing until Tuesday while teams below play Monday and the gap will fall further, pressure will build...

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

8 behind going into it.

However at 1-0 v 10 at home, that gap was about to fall to 5. That would've been a new pressure given going into Christmas they were 10 above us- they might have wobbled!

A chasing pack, a busy Christmas schedule, list of foreign players not used to a hectic period and not playing until Tuesday while teams below play Monday and the gap will fall further, pressure will build...

I think Wolves would have recovered from that (admittedly I have nothing concrete to base that on). 

Archived