IGNORED

Ratings from today

old_eastender

My thoughts...

Bentley - 8 - Made a couple of key saves, anticipated Stoke forward balls really well, good distribution. Looked really solid.

Hunt - 8 - Has to be an 8 with assists for both our goals, not really tested defensively today.

Baker - 7 - Did what he had to do calmly and efficiently

Williams - 8 - Grew into the game, thought he should have made way for the early sub, but LJ was right to keep him on. Used his experience to good effect.

Rowe - 5 - Not quite at the races today, looked the weak link defensively.

Palmer - 6 - Kept coming too deep to get on the ball, made a couple of good runs but didn't get his head-up to play the right passes from those runs.

Weimann - 6 - Lots of running as per usual, but also as usual not effective when asked to move wide. Should perhaps have scored with chance in the first half.

Fammy - 6 - Scored the equalizer with a well placed header, otherwise would have been a 4 as generally poor.

Semenyo - 4 - Offered very little, wasted best chance of first half by blasting over, seemed to be jogging around rather than pressing, very disappointing. 

Brownhill - 6 - Busy performance without really impressing.

Massengo - 8 - Mature performance way beyond his years, just rarely ever loses possession for us and covers forward runners so well.

Eliasson - 6 - Battled well, but crosses were not up to his usual high standard.

Moore - not on the pitch enough to rate.

Watched on a stream in Canada today. About to go out so brief:

Bentley 8

Moore 6 (tactic sub off) / Semenyo 5

Williams 7

Baker 7

Hunt 8

Rowe 5

Brownhill 6

Massengo 6

Palmer 6 / Eliasson 6

Weimann 7

Diedhiou 6

I didn’t think we were great today. Hunt and Bentley my pick. Encouraging again from Baker and good debut by Williams. 

Bentley 8 - kept us in it
Hunt 8 - excellent second half 
Moore 7 - looked good in and out of possession before he came off 
Williams 6 - looked iffy first half but more solid as game went on. Had little to do second half. Decent in possession 
Baker 7 - very solid
Rowe 5 - his worst game for us 
Massengo 6 - looked all over the place first half but was very good second. Barely gave ball away 
Brownhill 6 - bit like Massengo first half. Solid base second 
Weimann 5 - try as he might nothing really came off 
Palmer 4 - another who had his worst game. Nothing came off and was off the pace
Diedhiou 5 - extremely poor but scored 
Subs
Semenyo 6 - bright and busy
Elliason 7 - gave us an extra spark 

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Bentley 8 - kept us in it
Hunt 8 - excellent second half 
Moore 7 - looked good in and out of possession before he came off 
Williams 6 - looked iffy first half but more solid as game went on. Had little to do second half. Decent in possession 
Baker 7 - very solid
Rowe 5 - his worst game for us 
Massengo 6 - looked all over the place first half but was very good second. Barely gave ball away 
Brownhill 6 - bit like Massengo first half. Solid base second 
Weimann 5 - try as he might nothing really came off 
Palmer 4 - another who had his worst game. Nothing came off and was off the pace
Diedhiou 5 - extremely poor but scored 
Subs
Semenyo 6 - bright and busy
Elliason 7 - gave us an extra spark 

So Rowe performance was worse than his QPR performance? Were they targeting that side like Derby, QPR, Birmingham and Boro were?

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Fammy the scapegoat continues  to be targeted by the boo boys I see

i reckon Rowe will be the next target Moore after that followed by bentley

I don't rate Rowe as a left back at this level from what I have seen so far. He is too slow, but not scapegoating. And Diedhiou is not on Afobe level and doesn't really suit LJ's way of playing. They're not scapegoats.

Is Marley Watkins a scapegoat when he plays? No. People just don't rate him. Was Marlon Pack a scapegoat from fans like me on here last season? No, me and some others could see we needed better than Pack, we now have better and we are a far better team partly because of that. 

Moore or Bentley will be targeted if they play badly, and I expect both to be dropped if they are. So far they have generally had very good seasons so I cannot see there being much of a problem from fans about them at the moment.

39 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Fammy the scapegoat continues  to be targeted by the boo boys I see

i reckon Rowe will be the next target Moore after that followed by bentley

35 minutes ago, 77 punk said:

boo boy culture is pathetic what a waste of energy and time

Giving an honest opinion that you though someone had a poor game doesn’t make you a boo boy. If you’re not allow to give honest criticism, then everyone will have to get 10 out of 10 

We won which is the important thing, but seriously how does anyone rate above 6 today. We played geriatric walking football in the first half, and continued to labour against 10 men in the second. The only times we actually bust a gut to get behind their full backs resulted in our two goals. With a man advantage our midfield should have been committing their players more. 

Sorry guys but anyone that gave Massengo a 6 needs to lay off the natch for a while...

Almost every touch was successful. He harried excellently throughout. He showed for the ball all game. And he was involved in most of our best play.

I genuinely had my doubts about him in a game like this, but he proved me wrong. Quality.

19 minutes ago, mozo said:

Sorry guys but anyone that gave Massengo a 6 needs to lay off the natch for a while...

Almost every touch was successful. He harried excellently throughout. He showed for the ball all game. And he was involved in most of our best play.

I genuinely had my doubts about him in a game like this, but he proved me wrong. Quality.

First half he was poor. Second half he was very good 

21 minutes ago, mozo said:

I'd love to see his stats. What did he do that was poor? He certainly wasn't giving the ball away, shirking his marking or committing  fouls.

No he certainly didn’t give the ball away. Not sure why he would shirk challenges. The game was going on all around him and he couldn’t cope. The whole team were poor mind you but he certainly was as well. Stoke did a job on us first half and dominated Massengo and Brownhill 

19 minutes ago, RedDave said:

No he certainly didn’t give the ball away. Not sure why he would shirk challenges. The game was going on all around him and he couldn’t cope. The whole team were poor mind you but he certainly was as well. Stoke did a job on us first half and dominated Massengo and Brownhill 

Let's agree to disagree. What I do concur with was that Stoke outplayed us for chunks of that first half and I'd say could have been 2 up no problem.

Doesn't matter though. We had key players injured and found a way to win.

Doesn't the table look beautiful tonight?! 

Archived