IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo

General Zod

Hats off to the kid.  New club, new country, 18 years old, very little first team football under his belt and necessity has meant no time to ease him in.  Never lets anyone down and every game he shows glimpses of what is to come.  His ball into the box for Semenyo’s chance today was sublime. So impressed with him and I’m sure he will only get better.  He’s going to be quite some talent.

1 minute ago, Rossi the Robin said:

18 years old and in the ‘engine room’

On the rare occasion a youngster does play, it’s normally out on the wing or upfront

Going to be some player 

Agreed.

I don't know how many free kicks he got us today but there were a couple that stopped the momentum of Stoke.

He is years above his age.

7 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Hats off to the kid.  New club, new country, 18 years old, very little first team football under his belt and necessity has meant no time to ease him in.  Never lets anyone down and every game he shows glimpses of what is to come.  His ball into the box for Semenyo’s chance today was sublime. So impressed with him and I’m sure he will only get better.  He’s going to be quite some talent.

Damn right. When Nagy comes in to sit in front of the back four, there's a good chance that Massengo drops to the bench. We might miss him though and need to find a way back in for him.

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

All about opinions, personally in the games they have played Nagy and Massengo are to me consistently performing at a high level. For me Brownhill does that sometimes but equally sometimes has games where he seems to exert little influence. All academic as LJ won't drop Brownhill anyway!

And rightly so, he is the heartbeat of the team. Massengo and Nagy are the quality and energy to go next to him that we have been missing for 18months or more.

8 minutes ago, General Zod said:

When Nagy’s back I imagine he will be rested.  I guess at 18 there’s a danger you over play him and burn him out.  I would like to see him with Brownhill and Nagy in midfield.  Lots of energy in those 3.

My biggest concern is that he'll get cropped by a seasoned cynical pro... Warnock style. Was having this discussion with a Boro fan after our last home game who agreed..... let's hope not?

Actually thought he got bullied today ( not a massive surprise). If you watch closely he struggles to read the play when it comes to covering ground defensively also. Not a criticism as he is so young but I do feel we have the tendency to build players up too quickly which will only bring more pressure. Made an absolutely cracking pass in the first half that should have been tucked away. Nagy will come straight back in I'd imagine.

6 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Actually thought he got bullied today ( not a massive surprise). If you watch closely he struggles to read the play when it comes to covering ground defensively also. Not a criticism as he is so young but I do feel we have the tendency to build players up too quickly which will only bring more pressure. Made an absolutely cracking pass in the first half that should have been tucked away. Nagy will come straight back in I'd imagine.

Agree, didn’t think it was one of his better games today, but he’s 18, clearly talented, and will improve with time and experience.

8 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just how good is our scouting!

This kid has champions league experience, meeting the transfer and wage budget and turning in a double shift when he plays.

For every Engvall..  

Time for a classic taxi driver story. Was in a cab on the way to the airport last week, city fan driver (who showed me a picture of him with massengo and Nagy in his taxi previously) told me he’d picked up LJ a while back, when asked about gustav apparently LJ told him that they were basically told a pack of lies about what age group the kid had been playing with and certain other falsehoods about his playing time etc. 

While that shocks me that the club would take certain things about a player as  gospel without checking, I am sure it has done a lot to help us be better in the future when scouting. I guess when your model is fairly moneyball esque and looking for the next big thing, you can get sucked in and worried you are going to miss out if you don’t act fast.

anyway, for all the speculation about dirty dealings, it sounds like we were merely the marks in the whole play

Don't get why some have said he isn't ready yet. He's absolute class. Don't really know what to do when Nagy returns. Maybe play all 3. Palmer needs to perform better to keep his place. Great competition for places.

22 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Don't get why some have said he isn't ready yet. He's absolute class. Don't really know what to do when Nagy returns. Maybe play all 3. Palmer needs to perform better to keep his place. Great competition for places.

Palmer regressed back to keeping hold of the ball today.

He's only 22 and he will learn when to hold on to it and when to release it quickly.

I gave him a bit of a hard time when watching the game today, but I forgot he's still a kid really.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He's only 22 and he will learn when to hold on to it and when to release it quickly.

I gave him a bit of a hard time when watching the game today, but I forgot he's still a kid really.

Makes you realise what a young team we have, Massengo, Brownhill,Palmer, Semenyo, Moore, Periera, Dasilva, Eliasson, O'Dowda all playing regular football and under the age of 24!!

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep very young. But with Nagy coming back and with Eliasson looking so good, Palmer must play better to keep his place. Would not be against Massengo attacking midfield with Nagy and Brownhill holding. Or even Eliasson floating in the free role, able to go to either flank. Of course Afobe would help Palmer too, but I love the options we have now. Really like Palmer, just hope he can perform well consistently to keep his place. Also still needs to get fitter. Was really struggling early in 2nd half against Boro.

Archived