IGNORED

Han-Noah Massengo

General Zod

6 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Makes you realise what a young team we have, Massengo, Brownhill,Palmer, Semenyo, Moore, Periera, Dasilva, Eliasson, O'Dowda all playing regular football and under the age of 24!!

It’s crazy when you see how young they are.  Bound to have a few off days but more exciting than a team of journeymen.   Having said that, don’t they say that ‘you can’t win anything with kids’ 

12 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Makes you realise what a young team we have, Massengo, Brownhill,Palmer, Semenyo, Moore, Periera, Dasilva, Eliasson, O'Dowda all playing regular football and under the age of 24!!

Exactly.

Quite a few still qualify for u-23 football.

Exciting times :yes:

He plays like a seasoned pro, it's quite unbelievable. From todays game, quite late on when Stoke were looking for the equaliser. He held the ball in the corner, put his body in between two stoke men and won us a free kick! He's special for an 18 year old, no doubt. 

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep very young. But with Nagy coming back and with Eliasson looking so good, Palmer must play better to keep his place. Would not be against Massengo attacking midfield with Nagy and Brownhill holding. Or even Eliasson floating in the free role, able to go to either flank. Of course Afobe would help Palmer too, but I love the options we have now. Really like Palmer, just hope he can perform well consistently to keep his place. Also still needs to get fitter. Was really struggling early in 2nd half against Boro.

and yet in a game where there is a distinct lack of quality KP always has that pass in his locker to win a match. For me, he plays.. also I don't think he was much poorer than anyone today. They got the result against a 10 man, time-wasting side. Job done

2 hours ago, old_eastender said:

All about opinions, personally in the games they have played Nagy and Massengo are to me consistently performing at a high level. For me Brownhill does that sometimes but equally sometimes has games where he seems to exert little influence. All academic as LJ won't drop Brownhill anyway!

So on your basis, you drop Palmer, not Brownhill..! 

26 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I think we can all see the potential in Han Noah.  At 18, he doesn't quute have the physical strength yet for this league but that will come in time.  I would like to see him being a bit more solid in his tackling.

he has been thrown in at the deep end a bit it with Nagy being injured but he has certainly held his own.

Agree with most of that but saying he doesn't have the strength yet you would like him to be more physical in tackling seems like an oxymoron to me. I personally dont think strong tackles will be his game even after he 'fills out'. Hes far too clever a footballer for that.

I think Nagy's injury has forced LJ's hand to a certain degree to play HNM and there is no doubting his quality but he is still a kid. You can't play an 18 year old every game in the Championship without fear of burning him out. Especially one who is still sleight of frame.

I've kind of suspected that the plan is for him to replace Brownhill next season after we've sold Josh for £millions to a another team. Yeah, JB is quality and will get better no doubt, but HNM has a higher potential.

It's always been part of our ethos. The more money we make from player sales, the more we can spend on young players, who, if we train them properly, we can sell for higher fees, and we can then spend more money on young players with higher potential and we go again.....and on and on......

6 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

and yet in a game where there is a distinct lack of quality KP always has that pass in his locker to win a match. For me, he plays.. also I don't think he was much poorer than anyone today. They got the result against a 10 man, time-wasting side. Job done

I'd play him too. Just think his place in the side is under threat with such quality competition in midfield. So he has to play well consistently to keep his place.

9 hours ago, City Cat said:

My biggest concern is that he'll get cropped by a seasoned cynical pro... Warnock style. Was having this discussion with a Boro fan after our last home game who agreed..... let's hope not?

Some irony from your Boro mate there I think, seem to remember Adam Clayton doing his best to crop Han atleast twice v them.

8 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

oh, those.. he did and all

gotta love Tommy

Remember the time when Tins was in charge, got subbed at HT and was in the Tobacco Factory Bar before I’d got back from the FT whistle. Classic TD.  Where is he these days ? 

7 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

Agree with most of that but saying he doesn't have the strength yet you would like him to be more physical in tackling seems like an oxymoron to me. I personally dont think strong tackles will be his game even after he 'fills out'. Hes far too clever a footballer for that.

I think Nagy's injury has forced LJ's hand to a certain degree to play HNM and there is no doubting his quality but he is still a kid. You can't play an 18 year old every game in the Championship without fear of burning him out. Especially one who is still sleight of frame.

I've kind of suspected that the plan is for him to replace Brownhill next season after we've sold Josh for £millions to a another team. Yeah, JB is quality and will get better no doubt, but HNM has a higher potential.

It's always been part of our ethos. The more money we make from player sales, the more we can spend on young players, who, if we train them properly, we can sell for higher fees, and we can then spend more money on young players with higher potential and we go again.....and on and on......

Yeah it's a strategy learnt from Leicester and Southampton and will hopefully be equally successful 

So looking forward to the Swansea game and watching all the new guys in the team. Not been able to get down

to the Gate due to a long drawn out illness . Will be in the Heineken lounge with the prawn sandwich brigade :blush: 

as a treat for me and my two boys. Massengo, Nagy, Williams all look an upgrade to the team  can't wait.

Shame Kalas got unjured. COYR.

19 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

So looking forward to the Swansea game and watching all the new guys in the team. Not been able to get down

to the Gate due to a long drawn out illness . Will be in the Heineken lounge with the prawn sandwich brigade :blush: 

as a treat for me and my two boys. Massengo, Nagy, Williams all look an upgrade to the team  can't wait.

Shame Kalas got unjured. COYR.

Yes re kalas, and Dasilva too.. how lj is still managing to grind out results like this, with 2 fit midfielders, a journeyman in at left back and half a first 11 out injured is frankly a miracle

46 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah it's a strategy learnt from Leicester and Southampton and will hopefully be equally successful 

I agree some want messengo and nagy to play like pack or marvin elliot with crunching tackles . That is not  the style of play we are going for and generally modern football is moving away from . 

11 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

Actually thought he got bullied today ( not a massive surprise). If you watch closely he struggles to read the play when it comes to covering ground defensively also. Not a criticism as he is so young but I do feel we have the tendency to build players up too quickly which will only bring more pressure. Made an absolutely cracking pass in the first half that should have been tucked away. Nagy will come straight back in I'd imagine.

Absolutely right. Stoke's mids were noticeably larger than him and to start with he did struggle to the point I wondered if he needed people around him to make him space to move. He did get more physical later on, to his credit, but I get the feeling he needs to put a little more beef on as he is still develloping physically.

12 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Yep very young. But with Nagy coming back and with Eliasson looking so good, Palmer must play better to keep his place. Would not be against Massengo attacking midfield with Nagy and Brownhill holding. Or even Eliasson floating in the free role, able to go to either flank. Of course Afobe would help Palmer too, but I love the options we have now. Really like Palmer, just hope he can perform well consistently to keep his place. Also still needs to get fitter. Was really struggling early in 2nd half against Boro.

That was the key yesterday. Very little in the way of spins off the shoulder. The Stoke defenders knew every time we looked for Fam they could go tight physically or try to anticipate. We lost a fair bit of possession playing into Fam yesterday. Palmer missed Afobe’s runs yesterday which also create space for everyone else too. In fairness to Palmer there were some lovely passes yesterday. 

11 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

Definitely not poorer, just missing the highlight reel moments yesterday. The rest of his game was fine, much like several others. 

4 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Think the point being made was that he’s only 18 and don’t want him to burn out.

Hes fine played in champions league full of energy il tell you what we would miss him if he wasnt there.someone at the match said ninety mins gone on clock still working his socks off rest him when we got a commanding lead

2 hours ago, sephjnr said:

Absolutely right. Stoke's mids were noticeably larger than him and to start with he did struggle to the point I wondered if he needed people around him to make him space to move. He did get more physical later on, to his credit, but I get the feeling he needs to put a little more beef on as he is still develloping physically.

Most teams' midfields will be noticeably larger than him.

Whether they will be better than him is a different question.

10 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes re kalas, and Dasilva too.. how lj is still managing to grind out results like this, with 2 fit midfielders, a journeyman in at left back and half a first 11 out injured is frankly a miracle

Yes DaSilva too. When Flinty went I was starting to panic but I can say that we are stronger at the back now and can only get better.

Anyway the team has changed hell of a lot in the last two/three years and I've got a lot of catching up to do. What a game to come back to.

Archived