IGNORED

Home Match Drinking

TuxHarry

We were discussing tonight what the plan would be pre Swansea next Saturday and it makes you realise what great options we have available to us with AG situated where it is, Hotwells, Waterfront, Bedminster etc all to choose from....

So, out of interest, what’re your usual drinking routes on a matchday and what time do you start it all?

We tend to do from 11am Barley Mow -> Assembly -> Masonic and then sometimes a sneaky one in the concourse before. :) 

1 hour ago, Mad Cyril said:

I like to warm up on gin and tonics in Clifton at 10am, then switch to stellas on the harbourside, followed by machine gunning some sambucas on Hotwells. 

Challenge is getting them all down quick enough to be able to still find a parking space near the ground.

be careful you don't get caught

3 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

I like to warm up on gin and tonics in Clifton at 10am, then switch to stellas on the harbourside, followed by machine gunning some sambucas on Hotwells. 

Challenge is getting them all down quick enough to be able to still find a parking space near the ground.

Must be your identical twin brother I have been going to the match with then, he seems to be reeling after a couple of cans of Top Deck.

I used to go to The Coopers and then for a while went to the Hen & Chicken because there was more likelihood of getting a seat for my kids. Nowadays when I’m with my kids and Dad (he can’t walk very far now) we tend to have a beer in the concourse (sometimes the SC&T bar, but that gets crowded before the game). On the occasions I go to games alone I quite like to visit pubs like the Orchard, The Cottage or the Nova Scotia. Last season I went to the Miner’s Arms for the first time in years - I liked it in there. The Bristol Beer Factory pub opposite the Spanish bar is also really good. 

The huge number of pubs relatively close by is one of the reasons I’m really pleased we stayed at Ashton Gate rather than moving to Ashton Vale. 

11 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

If I’m meeting mates that support the away team I use the Ashton 

bit posh for my liking but away fan friendly and can have a good chat in nice surroundings 

I used to use it when it was the Smythe Arms ( a real pub) now I hurry past it to get to the Coopers....

On 15 September 2019 at 08:40, Mad Cyril said:

You coppers are all the same!

On 15/09/2019 at 08:40, Mad Cyril said:

Do what I do. Be responsible and get the kids to drive you there while you sober up. 

Archived