IGNORED

Home Match Drinking

TuxHarry

27 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

tenor.gif

I said our fans, not me. 

44 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

You’re obviously absolutely massive then, I bow to your superior drinking ability...

One day, you’ll realise that the amount of alcohol you consume during a day doesn’t make you in any way bigger or better than anyone else...

Never said it did, but to not have a drink at football because you want to “analyse the game” is weird.

You’re not managing the side mate, you’re there for a day out.

15 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

I said our fans, not me. 

Never said it did, but to not have a drink at football because you want to “analyse the game” is weird.

You’re not managing the side mate, you’re there for a day out.

And that’s how I like to spend my day out. 

I’d much prefer to watch the game closely and see what we’re doing right or wrong than be cidered up for 90 minutes.

But as I said before, each to their own

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

And that’s how I like to spend my day out. 

I’d much prefer to watch the game closely and see what we’re doing right or wrong than be cidered up for 90 minutes.

But as I said before, each to their own

When you go to parties do you sit on the sofa observing the actions of others rather than getting pissed up yourself? :)

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Wow, obviously A LOT of matchday imbibing going on...

Interesting to see how much, reckon that'd be surprising ….

So anyone want to share how many pints they personally get down their neck on an average home/away matchday? 

(psst, please be honest but careful if your unsuspecting better half knows your user name! :) )

2 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Boring lightweight then. 4 hours drinking before a game is absolutely standard, you ought to do some of the away days our fans do. You can double the 4 hours pre-match.

2 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Home games 5/6 pints pre match, 5/6 after, away games if starting at 7am probably about 15 over the course of the day.

Sounds a lot, but if you think about it 5/6 pints in 4 hours isn’t a lot, also 15 pints over 18 or so hours is a lot but it’s about what most people would do drinking over that amount of time.

Football is the highlight of my week and the only time I go out boozing anymore tbh.

Blimey,  nevermind  'who ate all the pies,'  it's looking pretty certain we know 'who sank all the pints' now..

15 matchday pints, phew, (that rivals the late snooker legend that was Canada's Bill Wereniuk )

Anymore big 'Liverpoor fans'  here that beats Harry and his £60/70 odd quid matchday beer consumption ? 

What's your typical matchday drinking spree ?  A couple of pints for most people I'd have thought, but this thread has me thinking again!

38 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

When you go to parties do you sit on the sofa observing the actions of others rather than getting pissed up yourself? :)

Well no, 

But there’s a rather large difference between paying 30 plus quid to go to a football match and going to a mates house...

8 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

Some people can do both.

Not all soft are we Glen :) 

53 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Blimey,  nevermind  'who ate all the pies,'  it's looking pretty certain we know 'who sank all the pints' now..

15 matchday pints, phew, (that rivals the late snooker legend that was Canada's Bill Wereniuk )

Anymore big 'Liverpoor fans'  here that beats Harry and his £60/70 odd quid matchday beer consumption ? 

What's your typical matchday drinking spree ?  A couple of pints for most people I'd have thought, but this thread has me thinking again!

Yeah I think you may be out there with that average. I go with a group of about 30 and every one all do the same every week, and we bump into the same lads on the train station and in pubs that do the same every week. It’s what makes football for me. 

Depends where the away is mate. Barnsley away for example I’ve done a 13/14 pint day and spent less than £35 on booze, whereas Brentford in a few weeks I’ll be getting in about 3pm and will take closer to £100. Swings and roundabouts.

On 15/09/2019 at 22:35, BS4 on Tour... said:

The Ship by St Mary Redcliffe Church then The White Hart, Bemmy then The Assembly then The Masonic then The Spotted Cow .... then in the concourse at the ground ... then oblivion not long after ...

So that's why you post a load of bollocks then!

(Only joking!)

15 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Maybe some people can drink 6 pints of scrumpy and still be able to fully watch the game, unfortunately I can’t...

Doesnt make me ‘soft’ @TuxHarry much like your drinking doesn’t make you ‘hard’, I’m sorry to say...

Nobody has said it does, you’ve mentioned that twice now, it perhaps suggests you are insecure about your lack of drinking capablities.

14 minutes ago, TuxHarry said:

Nobody has said it does, you’ve mentioned that twice now, it perhaps suggests you are insecure about your lack of drinking capablities.

Insecure ???

Claiming that others are ‘soft’ and ‘lightweight’ because they don’t drink as much as you makes me think you believe yourself to be hard for your superb drinking efficiency. 

Anyway, I’m rather bored of this now, however much you drink really doesn’t affect me or I doubt anyone else on this forum, and I struggle to see why you should be so bothered about my alcoholic consumption...

27 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Insecure ???

Claiming that others are ‘soft’ and ‘lightweight’ because they don’t drink as much as you makes me think you believe yourself to be hard for your superb drinking efficiency. 

Anyway, I’m rather bored of this now, however much you drink really doesn’t affect me or I doubt anyone else on this forum, and I struggle to see why you should be so bothered about my alcoholic consumption...

Not because you “can’t drink as much as me”, because you said you wouldn’t find your way to the ground if you drank for 4 hours :laughcont:

On 17/09/2019 at 13:56, TuxHarry said:

Home games 5/6 pints pre match, 5/6 after, away games if starting at 7am probably about 15 over the course of the day.

Sounds a lot, but if you think about it 5/6 pints in 4 hours isn’t a lot, also 15 pints over 18 or so hours is a lot but it’s about what most people would do drinking over that amount of time.

Football is the highlight of my week and the only time I go out boozing anymore tbh.

Rookie numbers. :whistle:

On 15/09/2019 at 01:30, TuxHarry said:

We were discussing tonight what the plan would be pre Swansea next Saturday and it makes you realise what great options we have available to us with AG situated where it is, Hotwells, Waterfront, Bedminster etc all to choose from....

So, out of interest, what’re your usual drinking routes on a matchday and what time do you start it all?

We tend to do from 11am Barley Mow -> Assembly -> Masonic and then sometimes a sneaky one in the concourse before. :) 

Drank in El Rincon the last few years. The Spanish as more may know it by.

Small place, Estrella on tap or cans/bottles of various other ciders/beers. You get a good group in there most weeks. Dave who runs it is also a top bloke. 

I think this thread has solved the problem of why there are so many contradictory comments about player performance after a match. There’s probably some correlation between the amount of beer consumed and the craziness of the the posts - as proven by Tommy from Sweden 

2 hours ago, Robson said:

Rookie numbers. :whistle:

Go on mate, spill the beans :)

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Drank in El Rincon the last few years. The Spanish as more may know it by.

Small place, Estrella on tap or cans/bottles of various other ciders/beers. You get a good group in there most weeks. Dave who runs it is also a top bloke. 

I used to go in every week when we could stand outside, last time I went in was told that was the case no more. Though, I walked past the other week and there were loads outside.

Do you just drink in that pub then? I like to hop around, one/two in each :)

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned the "Merch" - Merchants Arms, Hotwells. We always meet there for a pre-match pint (just one usually). Or after the game if it is an early KO. 

A proper old fashioned boozer. 

Also, very away fans friendly. There were loads of Boro fans in there after the last home game.

That is - except Cardiff and Swansea fans ! 

10 hours ago, TuxHarry said:

Boring lightweight then. 4 hours drinking before a game is absolutely standard, you ought to do some of the away days our fans do. You can double the 4 hours pre-match.

******* hell mate, how old are you? You sound like Jay from The Inbetweeners. 

Archived