IGNORED

Home Match Drinking

TuxHarry

On 15/09/2019 at 12:08, ChippenhamRed said:

I drive to the game. I drive home from the game. Then I put the kids to bed. Then I might have a beer while watching Strictly with the Mrs. Then she falls asleep while I watch MOTD.

Yes, I am great fun at parties, thanks for asking.

On 17/09/2019 at 13:56, TuxHarry said:

Home games 5/6 pints pre match, 5/6 after, away games if starting at 7am probably about 15 over the course of the day.

Sounds a lot, but if you think about it 5/6 pints in 4 hours isn’t a lot, also 15 pints over 18 or so hours is a lot but it’s about what most people would do drinking over that amount of time.

Football is the highlight of my week and the only time I go out boozing anymore tbh.

Me and @TuxHarry are practically twins.

7 minutes ago, Der no.2 said:

Was slipped a few of these at Falmouth Sea Shanty Festival a few months ago...like rocket fuel!

It is,and if you drink lots of it really quickly....... well I can't remember what happens at the time but the next day is a mistake.

On 18/09/2019 at 17:07, TuxHarry said:

Go on mate, spill the beans :)

I used to go in every week when we could stand outside, last time I went in was told that was the case no more. Though, I walked past the other week and there were loads outside.

Do you just drink in that pub then? I like to hop around, one/two in each :)

Yeah tend to stay there, near the ground & it’s where all my mates go. 

Used to go rising sun but since the new owners start of last season, they didn’t have live football & stopped serving beers out the back. Didn’t seem worth going. Might’ve changed again now, only gave it a couple of chances tbf

Another former Nova Scotia regular here,

Nowadays, I just drive up and drive back alas, although if it's been a particularly special game I might pop in the Coopers for a swifty.

Did that after the Man U cup game and ended up sleeping on the floor in my office, many, many hours later... :drunk2:

14 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah tend to stay there, near the ground & it’s where all my mates go. 

Used to go rising sun but since the new owners start of last season, they didn’t have live football & stopped serving beers out the back. Didn’t seem worth going. Might’ve changed again now, only gave it a couple of chances tbf

Beer out the back and SKY is back on.

Straight into the coffee shop tomorrow with my 2 sons,might have an espresso chaser with my Americano .will take photo of the cup and post "on it early doors" on facebook. Upon taking my seat I might have another coffee if my bladder can handle it.

Winter I get on the bovril, that is a man's drink and not for the faint hearted.

• Admin
41 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Straight into the coffee shop tomorrow with my 2 sons,might have an espresso chaser with my Americano .will take photo of the cup and post "on it early doors" on facebook. Upon taking my seat I might have another coffee if my bladder can handle it.

Winter I get on the bovril, that is a man's drink and not for the faint hearted.

You must be buzzing with all that caffeine intake @forbespm :bounce:

Archived