IGNORED

Korey Smith Racially Abused

Olé

22 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I don't know many people without either of these documents? They don't cost too much and if you are that determined to use Twitter / Facebook etc then it shouldn't be too much of a deterrent assuming you are going to post reasonable content that won't cause serious offence and upset to people.

Identity theft is a major problem these days, fake ID is 'easy' to come by and people try anything to get hold of your details, including passport and driving licence details.

On 15/09/2019 at 10:43, Dr Balls said:

Hate generally is on the rise, whether it’s race, nationality, or anything else that marks out an individual as different to the person spouting this stuff. Social media has become the toxic channel by which much of this vitriol is spread. If you don’t recognise that, whatever your political persuasion, then you are either very blinkered, or you have been living in a cave without internet access for the past 10 years.

Sadly, you are completely correct. Social Media has many good points but also many many bad ones.

It has created some societal problems by allowing utter tools to say what they want to whoever they want with very little chance of prosecution.

I hope the odious individual who posted is tracked down.

4 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Sadly, you are completely correct. Social Media has many good points but also many many bad ones.

It has created some societal problems by allowing utter tools to say what they want to whoever they want with very little chance of prosecution.

I hope the odious individual who posted is tracked down.

Social media hasn't really done that. The law (or lack of implementation) has. 

95% off offences could be tracked easily. 

Social media makes it easy to offend, not easy to get away with it. It's easier to get away with spraying messages on the side of buildings. 

The BBC article below refers to an Italian journalist: when I first read it, I laughed.

I am not racist, but (cue smug laughter) I struggled to keep a straight face.

'An Italian television station says it will not use one of its pundits again after he made a racist comment about Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku.

Speaking on TopCalcio24, Luciano Passirani said: "If you go one-on-one with him he will murder you.

"The only way to come up against him is maybe give him 10 bananas to eat..."'

Just for a second, think about the message the journalist is trying to convey:

Lukaku is big and black, like a gorilla even: ergo, give him ten bananas to eat, and he will just sit quietly while you enlightened 'whities' play around him.  

Peter Godsiff, David Foot, even Roger Malone - Come Back! All is forgiven.

• Admin
On 15/09/2019 at 22:18, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s disgusting and just unbelievable - people seem to be ever more hateful these days, I just cannot understand it. 

Any reason to believe it was the work of a gashead though? Not sure why you went there ...

One part I can't get my head around is Korey has not been around the side for months

If someone is going to pick out a player surely someone who is playing / more high profile

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ron Atkinson from 2004 says hello @PHILINFRANCE

Hmmm.

Posts on this forum are frequently misconstrued so, in order to avoid any confusion, I should just like to state that my earlier post was intended to express my abhorrence at the (inherent message of the) Italian journalist's post.

The reason I laughed when I first read the article is because, as I said, I pictured the journalist actually writing such trash.

Just imagine, when penning an article about Romelu Lukaku, he has actually written/typed:

"If you go one-on-one with him he will murder you.

"The only way to come up against him is maybe give him 10 bananas to eat..."

On 15/09/2019 at 20:30, IAmNick said:

You're thinking exclusively about first world countries like ours though. Across the world many people use these sites for example to expose corruption of their state or whatever, and have to do so anonymously for fear of reprisal. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with the state having such involvement in what I do or don't want to post online - because of the actions of a few idiots. How could you possibly enforce something like that worldwide?

Maybe you're more trusting than me, but the idea of a country having a perfect record of everything you've ever said or done online is a bit too 1984 for me.

Psst, Bad news Nick, 1984 is so 'last year' ….check out Snowden (and other 'whistleblowers')  & XKYSCORE in the NSA …  2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTRTIr_XEC8

Technology knows all about you! 

On 17/09/2019 at 14:45, phantom said:

One part I can't get my head around is Korey has not been around the side for months

If someone is going to pick out a player surely someone who is playing / more high profile

Indeed, infact we have other players playing who are perhaps more of a target for this abuser. It seems from the little I have read though it’s because he is in a mixed race relationship. What backward and outdated views, I really feel sorry for a person who carries those thoughts in their head.

Korey Smith is the most beautiful person inside and out, I have had the pleasure to meet him several times and he has always been friendly, courteous and polite. I have spoken to his wife too and seen them with their children first hand. If only there were more families like the Smiths the world would be a much nicer place to live in. 

Archived