IGNORED

We’re all singing over here, you ****s

ZiderheadTJ

7 minutes ago, ZiderheadTJ said:

Please stop this chant, this isn’t the MLS...

Just because you add You ***** at the end, you’re not hard! horrific and utterly embarrassing 

cheers

rant over

Not as embarrassing and cringeworthy as “stand up if you hate the gas”.................:sleeping:

1 hour ago, ZiderheadTJ said:

Please stop this chant, this isn’t the MLS...

Just because you add You ***** at the end, you’re not hard! horrific and utterly embarrassing 

cheers

rant over

Completely agree, I don't like songs with naughty words in it, because they should be for everyone to join in with, especially kids.

It's just swearing for swearing sake.

21 minutes ago, grifty said:

Completely agree, I don't like songs with naughty words in it, because they should be for everyone to join in with, especially kids.

As a kid I used to love joining in with those songs when I could get away with it. Sometimes I'd get a clip (soft tap) around the ear and sometimes it'd be allowed to go due to whatevers happened on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, grifty said:

As I heard yesterday, a bloke telling his young son “you can getting involved in all the songs, just don’t repeat some words to your mum tonight”. Just as I was told when I was nipper and just what I tell my young son. 

Football is sanitised so much these day, let’s not encourage clubs to make it more so.  

34 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

As I heard yesterday, a bloke telling his young son “you can getting involved in all the songs, just don’t repeat some words to your mum tonight”. Just as I was told when I was nipper and just what I tell my young son. 

Football is sanitised so much these day, let’s not encourage clubs to make it more so.  

You must be able to see the difference between "going down the Rovers, to do the B*stads over" to "you ****" at the end of a song?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It’s timeless for sure - unfortunately............:facepalm: but nowhere near a classic.......’drink up thee cider’ is a classic.

I’m pretty sure you are referring to ‘Drink Up Thy Cider’....

Any life long City fan from Adge Cutler’s home town of Nailsea would know that......wouldn’t they?

21 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I’m pretty sure you are referring to ‘Drink Up Thy Cider’....

Any life long City fan from Adge Cutler’s home town of Nailsea would know that......wouldn’t they?

Hmmm........it took you a while to realise what song I was alluding to?    

Its pretty obvious to everyone else.................:dunno:

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s timeless for sure - unfortunately............:facepalm: but nowhere near a classic.......’drink up thee cider’ is a classic.

Shall we change it to sit down, if you drove the bus?

I reckon we should change its' wording somehow to commemorate when we last played the useless pikeys in the league. The only problem is anyone who has actually experienced a Bristol league derby might be getting on a bit now so it would have to be sung a bit slower to allow us old buggers time to stand up! ;) 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Second best...........Spudski is number 1.

Very flattered RR...but I doubt it. Far more reasoned posters than me...Dave F for one. I may know my football...but I'm way too opiniated on social issues, so will have people who disagree.

I however do agree with you...I hate the ' stand up' chant...the Gas don't even come into my physchie these days...it's old hate, and imo the chant only blows smoke up their arse, as it still recognises them. The biggest insult would be if it wasn't sang anymore.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Season ticket/card holder for decades at AG....... but according to you I’m a closet gashead...................:rofl2br:

I don't see anyone else spelling famous City players names incorrectly.......or using the wrong words on the classic Adge Cutler and the Wurzels song, Drink Up Thy Cider.

4 hours ago, grifty said:

Adults at Football matches using naughty words?..............What's going On? Whats all the Shouting? We'll have No Trouble Here!.........And whats wrong with swearing for swearing sake? Why else would you do it?......What an absurdly surreal comment ?

Archived