IGNORED

We’re all singing over here, you ****s

ZiderheadTJ

3 hours ago, grifty said:

You must be able to see the difference between "going down the Rovers, to do the B*stads over" to "you ****" at the end of a song?

At the end of the day, it’s only a word. No one gets hurt by hearing it. 

Besides, anyway, kids hear all these words on the school playground these days anyway. 

37 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Some guy yesterday was waving a shoe and singing "Shoes off if you hate the Gas." Very "Life of Brian".

That’s a song that needs to be nipped in the bud ASAP! 

3 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

At the end of the day, it’s only a word. No one gets hurt by hearing it. 

Besides, anyway, kids hear all these words on the school playground these days anyway. 

Mad. Racism just words? Bullying just words?

Does them hearing it on the playgrounds make it OK for 6 year old screaming the 'c' word? 

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

Adults at Football matches using naughty words?..............What's going On? Whats all the Shouting? We'll have No Trouble Here!.........And whats wrong with swearing for swearing sake? Why else would you do it?......What an absurdly surreal comment ?

Naughty words was a joke comment. Swearing for swearing sake shows a lack of vocabulary and/or common decency for people who don't appreciate bad/offensive language.

Normally you swear for emphasis/emotion/sometimes comedy. Shouting "you ****" at the end of a chant is just pointless.

2 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Are you really comparing the c-word to racism and bullying?

Jesus Christ. 

No, re-read my comment. You said it's only a word and no-one is hurt by it. I'm providing examples of where words can be hurtful to people.

If someone at school was constantly called a "****" by other students would that not constitute bullying to you? Or is that all OK because its just a word.

1 minute ago, grifty said:

No, re-read my comment. You said it's only a word and no-one is hurt by it. I'm providing examples of where words can be hurtful to people.

If someone at school was constantly called a "****" by other students would that not constitute bullying to you? Or is that all OK because its just a word.

But we were only talking about the c-word, which it totally different to someone using racist language.

Again, when you make the point about someone constantly calling someone else a **** in school, the word is being used in a totally different context to how it was being used on Saturday. 

16 hours ago, Fatalist said:

Some guy yesterday was waving a shoe and singing "Shoes off if you hate the Gas." Very "Life of Brian".

I tried to start "shit your pants if you hate the gas" dont think it caught on much and made for a very uncomfortable drive home. Also my passengers said I was actually making the gas problem worse.

On 15/09/2019 at 14:50, RedLionLad said:

I’m pretty sure you are referring to ‘Drink Up Thy Cider’....

Any life long City fan from Adge Cutler’s home town of Nailsea would know that......wouldn’t they?

I was convinced Adge was from Nailsea as well mate. I looked it up and although he spent most of his years there he was born in Portishead. This really surprised me as you would think he was from the heart of Somerset.

For a non-Bristolian the bloke had amazing ears for the Bristolian dialect. Like Geoffrey Woodruff he could make the authentic phonetics for Bristolian, unlike that prat Dirk Robson whose piffle misled many -  "Krek Waiters peak Bristle" - what a ****ing joke and travesty.

Shed a tear for Adge everytime I go near Chepstow where he tragically died in a car crash.

2 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Like Geoffrey Woodruff he could make the authentic phonetics for Bristolian, unlike that prat Dirk Robson whose piffle misled many -  "Krek Waiters peak Bristle" - what a ****ing joke and travesty.

Well quite, no one has ever heard a Bristolian pronounce our city as Bristle or Brizzle, that would be ridiculous. It is Bristawl with a hard 'T' and a silent 'L', as Adge would have had it. 

13 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Well quite, no one has ever heard a Bristolian pronounce our city as Bristle or Brizzle, that would be ridiculous. It is Bristawl with a hard 'T' and a silent 'L', as Adge would have had it. 

Don’t you just hate it when someone writes Brizzle?

Makes me want to use a stun gun on them ?

My biggest gripe regarding chants / singing is when we join in with the opposition’s songs!!

Stoke on Saturday for instance started signing their version of Southampton’s ‘when the saints go marching in’ (also copied by Tottenham) & our fans have started joining in with Stokes version!

And I’m sure at Derby, City fans started joining in with one of their songs!! I just don’t understand how or why any two teams would join in with a song / chant started by their opponents?!?

Archived