IGNORED

We’re all singing over here, you ****s

ZiderheadTJ

16 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

My biggest gripe regarding chants / singing is when we join in with the opposition’s songs!!

Stoke on Saturday for instance started signing their version of Southampton’s ‘when the saints go marching in’ (also copied by Tottenham) & our fans have started joining in with Stokes version!

And I’m sure at Derby, City fans started joining in with one of their songs!! I just don’t understand how or why any two teams would join in with a song / chant started by their opponents?!?

Yep - completely agree with this! 

53 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

My biggest gripe regarding chants / singing is when we join in with the opposition’s songs!!

Stoke on Saturday for instance started signing their version of Southampton’s ‘when the saints go marching in’ (also copied by Tottenham) & our fans have started joining in with Stokes version!

And I’m sure at Derby, City fans started joining in with one of their songs!! I just don’t understand how or why any two teams would join in with a song / chant started by their opponents?!?

I saw one of our fans come up the steps and immediately applaud the Stoke players who were wearing red training tops and white shorts. He honestly believed it was our players !

11 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

I saw one of our fans come up the steps and immediately applaud the Stoke players who were wearing red training tops and white shorts. He honestly believed it was our players !

The other one I heard from our fans was ‘Come on you reds’!! But we were playing in black while Stoke wore red! It’s mind boggling to me ?

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Don’t you just hate it when someone writes Brizzle?

Makes me want to use a stun gun on them ?

The only worse thing is to hear someone SAY it on radio or TV.

We aren't Brizzle, no one from Bristol ever says Brizzle, It's just bollocks...

Ooh, i'm getting cross just thinking about this  :laugh:

6 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

It can be fun, at Middlesbrough last season the chant of “Your football is s41t, your football is s41t, Tony Pulis your football is s41t” was responded to perfectly by the ‘boro’ fans - “Our football is s41t ......”  

On 16/09/2019 at 20:15, southvillekiddy said:

I was convinced Adge was from Nailsea as well mate. I looked it up and although he spent most of his years there he was born in Portishead. This really surprised me as you would think he was from the heart of Somerset.

For a non-Bristolian the bloke had amazing ears for the Bristolian dialect. Like Geoffrey Woodruff he could make the authentic phonetics for Bristolian, unlike that prat Dirk Robson whose piffle misled many -  "Krek Waiters peak Bristle" - what a ****ing joke and travesty.

Shed a tear for Adge everytime I go near Chepstow where he tragically died in a car crash.

Adge was indeed born in Posset but spent years working and Living in Nailsea. He was employed by Coates cider and made his singing/songwriter debut at the folk club above a local pub the Royal Oak.

Oddly enough he was never a cider drinker - preferring red Rioja which he became familiar with from his time living in Spain. He was fluent in Spanish as well. 

His grave in in Christchurch cemetery very close to where I live.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Adge was indeed born in Posset but spent years working and Living in Nailsea. He was employed by Coates cider and made his singing/songwriter debut at the folk club above a local pub the Royal Oak.

Oddly enough he was never a cider drinker - preferring red Rioja which he became familiar with from his time living in Spain. He was fluent in Spanish as well. 

I read the very same thing on Wurzelmania.....almost word for word ?

• Admin
37 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

no, this is a classic

My ole man says be a rovers fan I said fxxx off  bollox your a cxxx your a cxxx

pure magic

In this case the swears were absolutely necessary to convey the strength of feeling in denying said invitation.

On 15/09/2019 at 16:55, RedLionLad said:

I don't see anyone else spelling famous City players names incorrectly.......or using the wrong words on the classic Adge Cutler and the Wurzels song, Drink Up Thy Cider.

It is ‘ thy ‘ but everyone sings ‘ thee ‘ . 

Spell the name of our controversial but talented Pole we bought from Celtic ( without looking it up ) 

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

You live in a cemetery ?

Robbodead .

christopher lee dracula GIF by Warner Archive

On 15/09/2019 at 10:55, ZiderheadTJ said:

Please stop this chant, this isn’t the MLS...

What's the MLS got to do with it? I've been to a US "soccer" game and they were all super polite with their chants, it's kinda funny.

They aren't allowed to give abusive chants in Basketball, American Football, Baseball arenas so they're a bit scared to say any bad words.

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

IMG_0718.JPG.181ef82e9056dbbcadd444a5f43a3e3e.JPG

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You obviously know Nailsea then WH. 

Only in passing, popped into cemetery to find Adge's grave a couple of times (sadly barely legible at time, badly weathered, took couple of pics, expected something a little more substantial tbh.. Deserved better I thought.

Then had a quick pint in the Royal Oak as thats where The Wurzels recorded their live album.

Not a bad little town, some nice shops, cafes etc.. Rather have an Aldi than a Waitrose to be honest.. (couldn't afford to live there, I'm more skittles than bowls! ? :laugh:) Nice place. 

9 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Only in passing, popped into cemetery to find Adge's grave a couple of times (sadly barely legible at time, badly weathered, took couple of pics, expected something a little more substantial tbh.. Deserved better I thought.

Then had a quick pint in the Royal Oak as thats where The Wurzels recorded their live album.

Not a bad little town, some nice shops, cafes etc.. Rather have an Aldi than a Waitrose to be honest.. (couldn't afford to live there, I'm more skittles than bowls! ? :laugh:) Nice place. 

And yet you used the same pic of Adge’s grave stone that I posted on here.............................:cool2:

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

And yet you used the same pic of Adge’s grave stone that I posted on here.............................:cool2:

Mines on an SD card somewhere... Copied/pasted pic from online 'images' for this thread. 

One visit we made was the day after an anniversary of his death.. Took a few flowers ourselves but was surprised and disappointed there was no others there.  Bit sad really, like the grave itself, virtually nondescript 

Archived